VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I've just started using MultiAVCHD to burn video from my HD camera--a nice, easy to use program with good results, especially for rookies.

My problem: I chose my own static background .jpg image for the main menu, and it looks squashed when playing back (the ratio is wrong). Is there some way of making the pic show up on the background menu as it should look? It looks fine when viewed as a picture.

Thanks for any help. I assume there's an easy fix, but I can't figure it out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What's the picture's resolution? If it's not some 1.78:1 ratio such as 1920x1080 or 1280x720, you may get that. Just a guess as I've never used that program. If it isn't the correct ratio to begin with and you want to keep the same picture at the correct ratio, maybe add a colored background to fill in the extra space.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The picture info states that it's 1704 x 2272.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The width is 1704? If so then there's your answer. Either add black to the sides to make it the correct aspect ratio, or crop it down. And unless it's 1920x1080, I think I'd probably resize it myself, rather than let MultiAVCHD do it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. A simple picture resizing did the job. Thanks for pointing out the obvious (though not obvious to me)...
    Last edited by blakean99; 16th Mar 2014 at 19:50.
    Quote Quote