VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I predicted he would come back (see post #68) but he beat my expectations.

usually_quiet - You may be thinking of that asshat (I forgot his name) who was our expert on Philips/Magnavox DVD recorders. He edited every post he ever made to change it to have a pointer to another website (less helpful in my opinion) where he continued to help people with those recorders. I have no idea what set that guy off.

hello_hello - For better or worse the mods do NOT care even a little bit about this type of thing. They've been very consistent in that. I think that after a certain period of time it should not be allowed to edit previous posts, but they have a different viewpoint. Maybe Baldrick would care to elaborate.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    His post deleting tantrum seems to have extended back to last November now. If I was a mod I'd ban him before he makes a mess of any more threads.
    He's gone back further than that. It looks like he's now decided to concentrate on removing all the Avisynth scripts he posted rather than everything. If he was actually posting here to help others as he once claimed, he would have left them. I guess that was not his motivation for joining here after all.

Someone has done this kind of thing here before, although since that member's tenure was shorter, there were fewer posts removed.
    For the benefit of newbies I've left some scripted posts intact. Where possible I'm removing anything that contains opinions or impressions about certain hardware. This is not an appropriate forum for those issues.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 20th Mar 2014 at 09:23.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are your imaginary visitors watching you delete posts? Are they still laughing?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Multimedia storyteller bigass's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    -30-
    Nice touch!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    usually_quiet - You may be thinking of that asshat (I forgot his name) who was our expert on Philips/Magnavox DVD recorders. He edited every post he ever made to change it to have a pointer to another website (less helpful in my opinion) where he continued to help people with those recorders. I have no idea what set that guy off.
    Yes that is right, wabjxo. I have speculated that wabjxo only wanted to monitor one forum for questions and maintain one guide, but another one of our members thought that he left because of posts by other members here harshly criticizing the Philips/Magnavox DVD recorders for not being as good in various ways as machines from more upscale brands. I asked if he had been told this by wabjxo himself, but never got an answer.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Mar 2014 at 18:17. Reason: grammar, clarity
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
    Good article. Thanks for that. Have been saying the same to people for years.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the article was one I have never read here before, and an excellent debunk of the myth that there are special HDMI cables that can provide superior video and audio quality compared to other certified HDMI cables.

However, similar articles made no impression on Sanlyn, who would say that the physics, computer science or mathematics in the article were all wrong, because his eyes and ears perceived a difference. He wouldn't consider the possibility that the equipment being connected could be the source of the problems (assuming the problems were real) or that his perception could be influenced by his own erroneous beliefs.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th Mar 2014 at 08:28.
    Quote Quote  
  8. As i made some experiments in past on HDMI cables i can say that (depends on HDMI Receiver IC quality) even partially corrupted HDMI cable works without problems.
    I've used HDMi cable with physically damaged wire (HDMI sent each video signal over pair of wires and use differential signaling) for pixel clock lines and for data channel lines, in all those cases for good HDMI Receiver i have no visible signals of link degradation - 2 cables (1.5m and 2m). was used to perform tests, in both cases also shielding was damaged to expose signal lines, also impedance for twisted pair was disturbed...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    As i made some experiments in past on HDMI cables i can say that (depends on HDMI Receiver IC quality) even partially corrupted HDMI cable works without problems.
    I've used HDMi cable with physically damaged wire (HDMI sent each video signal over pair of wires and use differential signaling) for pixel clock lines and for data channel lines, in all those cases for good HDMI Receiver i have no visible signals of link degradation - 2 cables (1.5m and 2m). was used to perform tests, in both cases also shielding was damaged to expose signal lines, also impedance for twisted pair was disturbed...
    Good to know
    Status - Attacked by mold spores. - Pour out a lil liquor for all the homies lost in the format wars. Sanlyn will live again, a Sanlyn v2.0 if you will
    Quote Quote