Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    For BD: TSMuxer, for MKV: MKVToolNIx.
    will do thanks
    Last edited by mlmiller707; 26th Nov 2015 at 16:02.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Mr.Delusional View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has a theater near them, that is equipped with this. I have one near me but haven't gone there, due to the price. I think it was $17 or $18 for each ticket.
    We have one here in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. That theater is really great! It can be a little pricey, but well worth it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mentally Deficient Mr.Delusional's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Well since my original post, only one other Atmos theater has been added to my area. And actually it is beyond sad that there is only two theaters equipped in my area. Two AMC theaters. You now the "home" of AMC. Anyways I haven't gone to checkout the sound system at either theater. I was a projectionist for 13 years and wasn't impressed at all with any improvement in anything new in those 13 years. (audio wise) The only movie i remember that i saw that actually did impress me was "Road to Perdition" and that was in 2002. The tommy gun being emptied was great use of the surround speakers. It literally sounded like I heard individual shells dropping in different speakers. That was in a DTS theater.

But, anyways I'm surprised that no one happened to mention that mlmiler707 posted a screenshot that showed he downloaded a torrented atmos movie in post #39
    The Man from U N C L E 2015 Bluray 1080p TrueHD-7.1 Atmos-Grym A quick Google would show that.
    This film is presented in it's original 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The black bars at top and bottom are normal. (it's you that isn't normal)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    But, anyways I'm surprised that no one happened to mention that mlmiler707 posted a screenshot that showed he downloaded a torrented atmos movie in post #39
    The Man from U N C L E 2015 Bluray 1080p TrueHD-7.1 Atmos-Grym A quick Google would show that.
    Not sure what your agenda is? Anyways...

1. Will Atmos enabled speakers be utilized for 7.1 when not in Atmos mode of 5.1.2

2. Will Atmos enabled speakers be beneficial in Multi Channel Stereo for music. I think it sounds best already in that mode. Maybe it wont reflect off the ceiling, but still more sound right?

3. My ceilings are 18'. The speakers will sit about 8' off the ground. I have asked others, some say it won't be a problem. Others say I might lose some effect. Any opinion?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dolby Atmos is the future of sound. Where else does sound have to go but 3D? It sounds amazing in my room, at even odd sizes. Even Dolby Atmos enabled speakers with a volume tweak will take anything to like being inside of a pyramid. Works perfect for multilevel homes.
    Langley claims I am one of the most intelligent people on the planet, since when do they ever tell the truth.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    It'll be nice when the official version comes out, and all this Matroska tag/Atmos business will be over with.

I'm trying to get better output for iTunes m4v files at the moment. MediaInfo has rally been lagging behind on this kind of stuff.

(Now I know why AppleTVs have been insisting on playing AC3 tracks over AAC... there's an atom in the headers that links the two together, so it thinks they're exactly the same and will always choose the AC3 if it can no matter which one is flagged as enabled.)

Can you please respond? thanks.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/377207-Dts-not-being-utilized-through-DAES
    Langley claims I am one of the most intelligent people on the planet, since when do they ever tell the truth.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Great to hear they're making progress with the sound. But what was wrong with Dolby TrueHD or the plain old 640kbps DD 5.1 tracks?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
    Great to hear they're making progress with the sound. But what was wrong with Dolby TrueHD or the plain old 640kbps DD 5.1 tracks?
    Those things are like comparing a car to an actual helicopter. 3d sound is not a format in my opinion it is an entirely new dimension of listening for all sources (stereo, dolby, dts, pcm, etc...). Atmos and X are just sound formats that dedicate the particulars to overhead sound. The 3d speakers do all listed.
    Quote Quote