VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. click START button at the bottom of your desktop, type cmd and run cmd.exe,
    then grab eac3to.exe icon from windows explorer window and drop it on that command prompt window, then press "SPACE" bar, then drop that file of yours, then activate command prompt window again just to be sure (by clicking into that window) and press Enter, this will run eac3to.exe command line

this might not work on win XP if you use it, not sure when that drag&drop feature with command prompt was enabled ... then you just have to type everything or type it in notepad , copy it, and paste it into that command prompt, paths has to be correct, and whole filenames must be within quotes if there is a space character present in filename...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    click START button at the bottom of your desktop, type cmd and run cmd.exe,
    then grab eac3to.exe icon from windows explorer window and drop it on that command prompt window, then press "SPACE" bar, then drop that file of yours, then activate command prompt window again just to be sure (by clicking into that window) and press Enter, this will run eac3to.exe command line

this might not work on win XP if you use it, not sure when that drag&drop feature with command prompt was enabled ... then you just have to type everything or type it in notepad , copy it, and paste it into that command prompt, paths has to be correct, and whole filenames must be within quotes if there is a space character present in filename...
    I will try it when the file is done. What about MakeMKV how do I use that one? Please tell me it is easier, will updated Media Info just show it, this is rather extensive. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. I do not use MakeMKV at all. Just eac3to.exe then muxing streams with mkvmerge, eac3to deals with all formats that involve BD, it can demux them and work with them, latest one even TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos) and gettting core out.

First of all I do not bother to deal with TrueHD (Atmos), DTA-MA etc., whatever from BD gets simplified either by extracting core of encoding to 6 channels, decent bitrate all done by eac3to.exe. So how to play this or that is not a concern at all. I could not hear a difference anyway. For BD playback there is a BD player I try to express that from time to time. If backed up, it gets simplified. If having a MKV, not sure if originals could be stored there in one track, perhaps two etc, again not dealing with those. That is concerning MakeMKV. It is muxing audio into MKV.

first demuxing streams, here is the example of demuxing just that audio from BD:
    Code:
    "C:\......\eac3to.exe"  "H:\BDMV" 1) 3: "D:\....\English_thdac3.THD+AC3"
    then in this case extracting core out of it (or whatever correct experession should be used instead of "core"), in this case that -core perhaps does not have to be there
    Code:
    eac3to v3.30
    command line: "C:\........\eac3to.exe"  "D:\....\English_thdac3.THD+AC3" "G:\......\Audio_English_core.AC3"  -core 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos), 7.1 channels, 48kHz
    (embedded: AC3 EX, 5.1 channels, 384kbps, 48kHz)
    Extracting AC3 stream...
    Creating file "G:\......\Audio_English_core.AC3" ...
    eac3to processing took 1 minute, 8 seconds.
    Done.
    So I am no help here for you concerning playback of original, I was just trying to explain use of command line in previous post

EDIT: I added destination, AC3 file, in commad line, that got lost pasting somehow ...
    Last edited by _Al_; 25th Nov 2015 at 20:26.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    I do not use MakeMKV at all. Just eac3to.exe then muxing streams with mkvmerge, eac3to deals with all formats that involve BD, it can demux them and work with them, latest one even TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos) and gettting core out.

First of all I do not bother to deal with TrueHD (Atmos), DTA-MA etc., whatever from BD gets simplified either by extracting core of encoding to 6 channels, decent bitrate all done by eac3to.exe. So how to play this or that is not a concern at all. I could not hear a difference anyway. For BD playback there is a BD player I try to express that from time to time. If backed up, it gets simplified. If having a MKV, not sure if originals could be stored there in one track, perhaps two etc, again not dealing with those. That is concerning MakeMKV. It is muxing audio into MKV.

first demuxing streams, here is the example of demuxing just that audio from BD:
    Code:
    "C:\......\eac3to.exe"  "H:\BDMV" 1) 3: "D:\....\English_thdac3.THD+AC3"
    then in this case extracting core out of it (or whatever correct experession should be used instead of "core"), in this case that -core perhaps does not have to be there
    Code:
    eac3to v3.30
    command line: "C:\........\eac3to.exe"  "D:\....\English_thdac3.THD+AC3" -core 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TrueHD/AC3 (Atmos), 7.1 channels, 48kHz
    (embedded: AC3 EX, 5.1 channels, 384kbps, 48kHz)
    Extracting AC3 stream...
    Creating file "G:\......\Audio_English_core.AC3...
    eac3to processing took 1 minute, 8 seconds.
    Done.
    So I am no help here for you concerning playback of original, I was just trying to explain use of command line in previous post
    Buying a BD player and buying BD disks is no fun at all. Especially when music and movies have been so poor in the past 15 years with story lines. According to other posts, MPC through receiver should play all formats. DTS HD is noticeable through playback. I will just wait till file is done and see if receiver displays Atmos. Then once I get the speakers next week, i will see if there is sound out of them. A file reader is not going to change anything. The file says Atmos, I will just have to take it's word for it. Thanks though.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The MediaInfo dll detects Atmos now too, using the same method as eac3to.

All you should have to do is click the big green "download (4.89 MB)" button and you should wind up with a zip file...

As far as I'm aware Windows XP should be able to open zip files natively, or you could try downloading winzip or 7zip...

-edit- MediaFire seems to throw up an ad when you click the download button, you should be able to just ignore that...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post

All you should have to do is click the big green "download (4.89 MB)" button and you should wind up with a zip file...

As far as I'm aware Windows XP should be able to open zip files natively, or you could try downloading winzip or 7zip...

-edit- MediaFire seems to throw up an ad when you click the download button, you should be able to just ignore that...
    Not sure what lead to posters thinking I had XP. Truely the best o/s ever. I have Win 10. So far a little better than XP. We will see how stability is in a year or so. Maybe I dled the wrong Media Info. The one I had did say XP although it worked fine on 7 and Vista. Thanks for the info. Will do, is the Dtsx also on the new version?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MediaInfoXP

OK then. You'll have to download the actual MediaInfo for the dll to work. Apparently MediaInfoXP is a static build, so the dll functions are built into the exe and can't be replaced.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MediaInfoXP

OK then. You'll have to download the actual MediaInfo for the dll to work. Apparently MediaInfoXP is a static build, so the dll functions are built into the exe and can't be replaced.
    Installing this one was no walk in the park either. I did finally figure it out, however it did not display DTS:X on the file. So then are there 2 BR files out there, (DTS HD MA and DTS:X)? Or does this update not include DTSx. I have not tested the Atmos yet. It's a nice upgrade, other than new file extensions I do not know the need. The old one was very simple and served it purpose.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM

The file is still dling, don't know that it will change anything. I will try the Eac3to when it is done, however it did not show anything about Atmos. It shows it in the file name, it says True HD and it shows 8 channels. So what do you think?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	361
Size:	988.4 KB
ID:	34629  

Last edited by mlmiller707; 25th Nov 2015 at 19:46.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search PM
    Another view
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	529
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	34630  

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The current version of MediaInfo doesn't detect Atmos or DTS:X.

The next version will. If you want to see Atmos or DTS:X using MediaInfo you need to replace the dlls in the mediainfo directory with these prototypes:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y4o9xucw6eizhl/MediaInfo.zip
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search PM

The next version will. If you want to see Atmos or DTS:X using MediaInfo you need to replace the dlls in the mediainfo directory with these prototypes:

Yes sir/NO sir? I take it I installed it correctly. It showed the word Atmos in the audio for the Atmos file. It did not show it in the DTS X file. Granted the file did not say it either. Does that mean there are two BR versions of the same film?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It'll be nice when the official version comes out, and all this Matroska tag/Atmos business will be over with.

I'm trying to get better output for iTunes m4v files at the moment. MediaInfo has rally been lagging behind on this kind of stuff.

(Now I know why AppleTVs have been insisting on playing AC3 tracks over AAC... there's an atom in the headers that links the two together, so it thinks they're exactly the same and will always choose the AC3 if it can no matter which one is flagged as enabled.)
    Last edited by ndjamena; 25th Nov 2015 at 20:36.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search PM
    It'll be nice when the official version comes out, and all this Matroska tag/Atmos business will be over with.
    You mean the official Media info? What about the DTS X file, the official will solve it, or are there two?

there's an atom in the headers ...
    What, nobody said there would be chemistry involved here.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    General
    Unique ID                                : 215636814642891718231343589359444197377 (0xA23A23CCC54ADBF1948103B2D1428001)
    Complete name                            : D:\DTS-X.mka
    Format                                   : Matroska
    Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
    File size                                : 123 MiB
    Duration                                 : 3mn 32s
    Overall bit rate                         : 4 861 Kbps
    Encoded date                             : UTC 2015-11-15 15:35:39
    Writing application                      : mkvmerge v8.5.1 ('Crosses') 64bit
    Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.3 + libmatroska v1.4.4

Audio
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : DTS
    Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
    Format profile                           : X / MA / Core
    Mode                                     : 16
    Format settings, Endianness              : Big
    Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode                            : Variable / Variable / Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 4 859 Kbps / 4 859 Kbps / 1 509 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : Object Based / 8 channels / 6 channels
    Channel positions                        : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate                            :  / 48.0 KHz / 48.0 KHz
    Frame rate                               : 93.750 fps (512 spf)
    Bit depth                                :  / 24 bits / 24 bits
    Compression mode                         :  / Lossless / Lossy
    Stream size                              : 123 MiB (100%)
    Language                                 : English
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No
    That's what it should look like. DTS:X came first because I was trying to fix DTS ES in DTS MA. There was never a version of mediainfo that detected Atmos but not DTS:X. If it's not detecting it then there's either a problem with the detection method or your file doesn't have DTS:X.

As far as I can tell the Deus Ex Machina in Australia doesn't have DTS:X, so unless it says it has it on the cover it may not be DTS:X.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search PM
    Code:
    General
    Unique ID                                : 215636814642891718231343589359444197377 (0xA23A23CCC54ADBF1948103B2D1428001)
    Complete name                            : D:\DTS-X.mka
    Format                                   : Matroska
    Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
    File size                                : 123 MiB
    Overall bit rate                         : 4 861 Kbps
    Encoded date                             : UTC 2015-11-15 15:35:39
    Writing application                      : mkvmerge v8.5.1 ('Crosses') 64bit
    Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.3 + libmatroska v1.4.4

Audio
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : DTS
    Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
    Format profile                           : X / MA / Core
    Mode                                     : 16
    Format settings, Endianness              : Big
    Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode                            : Variable / Variable / Constant
    Bit rate                                 : 4 859 Kbps / 4 859 Kbps / 1 509 Kbps
    Channel(s)                               : Object Based / 8 channels / 6 channels
    Channel positions                        : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate                            :  / 48.0 KHz / 48.0 KHz
    Frame rate                               : 93.750 fps (512 spf)
    Bit depth                                :  / 24 bits / 24 bits
    Compression mode                         :  / Lossless / Lossy
    Stream size                              : 123 MiB (100%)
    Language                                 : English
    Default                                  : Yes
    Forced                                   : No
    That's what it should look like. DTS:X came first because I was trying to fix DTS ES in DTS MA. There was never a version of mediainfo that detected Atmos but not DTS:X. If it's not detecting it then there's either a problem with the detection method or your file doesn't have DTS:X.

As far as I can tell the Deus Ex Machina in Australia doesn't have DTS:X, so unless it says it has it on the cover it may not be DTS:X.
    I think what happened is whomever encoded the file, only encoded one audio track. Since nobody can play it anyway..Good work.
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ex-Machina-Blu-ray/128113/

If there is a problem with the detection method, isn't that on your end?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, there are two versions. Only the US version got DTS:X, the rest of us got video at a higher bitrate. Even Canada didn't get the Object Orientated audio.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search PM
    Yes, there are two versions. Only the US version got DTS:X, the rest of us got video at a higher bitrate. Even Canada didn't get the Object Orientated audio.
    It's unhealthy but..
    AUDiO SPECS.......: English DTS-HD Master 7.1 4380 kbps 48 kHz 24 bit

NOTE: This 7.1 audio for 'Ex Machina' is ripped from US retail Blu-Ray.
    What does a higher bit rate amount to?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you upload a few seconds of that? The 7.1 audio from the US release WAS the DTS:X track. Everyone else got just the 5.1 track.

Ex Machina is the exact movie MediaInfo was tested on, and the sample I used up there was from that movie. It was the only movie available at the time. (now apparently there's two.) Unless someone figured out how to strip the DTS:X elements something is wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search PM
    Can you upload a few seconds of that? The 7.1 audio from the US release WAS the DTS:X track. Everyone else got just the 5.1 track.

Ex Machina is the exact movie MediaInfo was tested on, and the sample I used up there was from that movie. It was the only movie available at the time. (now apparently there's two.) Unless someone figured out how to strip the DTS:X elements something is wrong.
    I can not post it is illegal j/k. I stated the file was unhealthy, meaning I can't get it either. That is not the file I have. It is a listing and that info is posted within the torr page. I can send you that link if you want.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't have the file then you can't have used the new mediainfo dll on it.

So unless whoever posted the info on the file was either one of the 78 people who have downloaded the prototype dll or managed to compile his own from the source code, that info was taken from an earlier version of mediainfo that didn't support DTS:X.

(the m4v code isn't compiling under "release", only debug, so it's not included in the prototype yet.)
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, now it does m4v as well, at least everything I've been able to figure out.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search PM
    If you don't have the file then you can't have used the new mediainfo dll on it.

So unless whoever posted the info on the file was either one of the 78 people who have downloaded the prototype dll or managed to compile his own from the source code, that info was taken from an earlier version of mediainfo that didn't support DTS:X.

(the m4v code isn't compiling under "release", only debug, so it's not included in the prototype yet.)
    I have a file that is Dts hd. The file you said was the US version says in the file info the info I gave you.

Here... You can edit it, but I don't want to hear any b/s about posting a torr link for an ex.
    http://extratorrent.cc/torrent/4500805/Ex.Machina.2015.Bluray.1080p.DTS-HD-7.1.x264_AU...ONLY-Grym.html
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search PM
    According to this post there are 4 audio tracks on one disk.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/187-official-avs-forum-blu-ray-disc-reviews/2059994-ex-m...2059994?page=1

Maybe I could have a link to the Dtsx? Not that it will do me any good till first 1/4 of 2016
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mlmiller707 View Post

Yes sir/NO sir? I take it I installed it correctly. It showed the word Atmos in the audio for the Atmos file. It did not show it in the DTS X file. Granted the file did not say it either. Does that mean there are two BR versions of the same film?
    Am I correct in assuming that the Dolby Atmos signal will only be displayed on the receiver when Atmos enabled speakers and 7.1 configuration has been completed. I just tested the Atmos file, it does say Dolby True Hd + Surround, but does not contain the Atmos word. I have not yet added the speakers.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when i set mine to 7.1 or 5.1.2 , it show Atmos on my receiver.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by imhh1 View Post
    when i set mine to 7.1 or 5.1.2 and it show Atmos on my receiver.
    not sure what this means, or if you are asking a ? or responding to A ? If responding to my ? I can not set mine, since there are only at the present time 5.1
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search PM

Getting somewhere. I now have the 7.1 file in which DTS:X is recognized within Media Info. However, it is only the audio. Can you direct me to a program that I can use to merge the 7.1 with the 5.1 video/audio and drop the 5.1 audio. I guess?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For BD: TSMuxer, for MKV: MKVToolNIx.
    Quote Quote