VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

i trying to work this audio file. but file have some problems. anybody can help me to fix it?

audio file Attached.

thanks.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sound like you need to use a de-clipper on it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As mike20021969 said, there is distortion due to clipping going on in the file. Luckily, it is mainly in the R channel. Assuming you are OK with the rest of the sound (which, granted, isn't the best), and assuming that your source was actually supposed to be miked in mono, you could easily do a channel swap/remix. Example attached...

Scott
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello!

thanks buddy. i forget to test each channel separate. but i have another audio that 2 CH are bad.

please help me.

i up it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    While I was able to do a mild amount of adjustment, it's bad enough that it won't make a difference in the end. You are out of luck and need to re-record/recapture that.

I must also say: it clearly sounds like you are overdriving your input. Either your mike cannot handle the level of the speaking (not too likely), your pre-amp is overdriving (possible), there are other gain stages in between which are mismatched (possible), or you are clipping in your analog-to-digital conversion due to too high sensitivity (most likely, as it is very SHARP, granular distortion, not warm, buzzy analog distortion).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. I was able to improve it but this took a lot of manual work and time for a pathetically short clip so it would be a lot cheaper to just redo your stuff with better organized equipment. I would not be willing to manually fix up an entire song, that would take forever.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Over-recorded audio is not worth fixing ever,you can improve slightly but never to what you want,it's like taking distortion and and getting it to sound smooth when there is no clean original audio which is like reconstructing the sound from scratch.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. if you have adobe audition...on the menu > noise reduction > clip restoration.

if not, here's a free solution...

download a wav editor that can host VST effect plugins...
    http://www.wavosaur.com/

download 'relife' which is a VST effect plugin
    http://www.terrywest.nl/utils.html

it basically attenuates the signal then re-computes/re-shapes the peaks with some sort of algorithm (kinda like how a soft-knee compressor works). basically you can still sound clipped even if you're just peaking at -30 dB, that's because errr what are supposed to be sine waves (round/smooth) in your audio were changed to square waves (harsh/clipped). errr=hesitant to oversimplify.
    Last edited by tugshank; 25th Mar 2014 at 06:46.
    Quote Quote  
  9. oh how silly of me, i listened to your sample and this is not a result of clipping. it sounds like someone stepped on a mic cable or something. this is what it sounds like when your amp is on and you're trying to plug in the guitar cable into the guitar without looking.
    Quote Quote  
  10. yup, tried generating white noise, then used that as a profile for noise reduction, no dice.

also tried pink noise, no go.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Mephesto View Post
    I was able to improve it but this took a lot of manual work and time for a pathetically short clip so it would be a lot cheaper to just redo your stuff with better organized equipment. I would not be willing to manually fix up an entire song, that would take forever.
    hey guys. Mephesto method works. but how can contact to him?

any body can help me or find Mephesto?
    Quote Quote