VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I've got a U.S. model Panasonic BDT 500 and am looking for a region free hack that will work with this machine.

I've already tried the hack at https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/panasonic-dmp-bdt500/11801 numerous times with no luck.

Since that hack relies on One for All 7140 which is not sold stateside (i had to order one from a UK seller), I'm guessing that the hack sequence may only work on European Panasonic BDT-500's.

Anyone have any idea if that's true? If so, is there an alternate hack that might free my U.S. machine for region free viewing (at least of DVDs)?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    usa dvd players are becoming more and more difficult to hack. how new is this player??? the firmware may be too new for the player ever to be hacked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I purchased it a few weeks ago, but there's no telling when it was made. However, the machine reports that it has the most current firmware installed.

I did find this post from a place called firmwareinfo, which seems to indicate the availability of a hack that can be used to change region settings using the included Panasonic remote. What caught my eye is that this hack supposedly includes something called "region verification deactivation," which, logically sounds like what I want, right? I mean, if it deactivates the region verification, wouldn't that prevent the machine from verifying the region, thus allowing it to play region region free?

http://www.firmwareinfo.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4#rccombined

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by VMW View Post
    I purchased it a few weeks ago, but there's no telling when it was made. However, the machine reports that it has the most current firmware installed.

I did find this post from a place called firmwareinfo, which seems to indicate the availability of a hack that can be used to change region settings using the included Panasonic remote. What caught my eye is that this hack supposedly includes something called "region verification deactivation," which, logically sounds like what I want, right? I mean, if it deactivates the region verification, wouldn't that prevent the machine from verifying the region, thus allowing it to play region region free?

http://www.firmwareinfo.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4#rccombined

Thanks!
    You don't seem to understand what that firmware site is all about...

If you don't understand what the things on that firmware site have been created for, you should stay away from the site and look for another way to modify your device !

1. The name of the player is DMP-BDT500 and not "BDT-500" !

2. You ripped instructions out of context -> The link you posted describes firmware features for 2010/2011 Panasonic Blu-ray devices with enhanced firmware installed - The DMP-BDT500 is a 2012 model and the enhanced firmware for 2012/2013 models uses different button sequences !

3. If you own a DMP-BDT500, this is where you need to start:

Board index ->

Blu-ray Players ->

DMP-BBT01 / DMP-BDT120 / DMP-BDT220 / DMP-BDT221 / DMP-BDT320 / DMP-BDT321 / DMP-BDT500 ->

DMP-BBT01,DMP-BDT120/220/221/320/321/500 - Enhanced Firmware 1.63A for selected models (CP,EB,EE,EF,EG,GA,GC,GK,GN,GT,GW,LB,P,PC,PU,PX)

4. "DVD region verification deactivation" means that you don't need to manually adjust DVD region settings for non-RCE DVDs while you have to adjust the Blu-ray region settings:

Enhanced Blu-ray firmware - FAQ - Frequently asked questions

Good luck !
    Last edited by Slimebank; 16th Mar 2014 at 09:05.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    ...3. If you own a DMP-BDT500, this is where you need to start:

Board index ->

Blu-ray Players ->

DMP-BBT01 / DMP-BDT120 / DMP-BDT220 / DMP-BDT221 / DMP-BDT320 / DMP-BDT321 / DMP-BDT500 ->

DMP-BBT01,DMP-BDT120/220/221/320/321/500 - Enhanced Firmware 1.63A for selected models (CP,EB,EE,EF,EG,GA,GC,GK,GN,GT,GW,LB,P,PC,PU,PX)

4. "DVD region verification deactivation" means that you don't need to manually adjust DVD region settings for non-RCE DVDs while you have to adjust the Blu-ray region settings:

Enhanced Blu-ray firmware - FAQ - Frequently asked questions

Good luck ![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the additional info (and the helpful links!) Much obliged!
    Quote Quote