VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm new here. I have been going through lots of threads here and cannot find much about Argosy players. (not even sure I'm posting this in the right place). I happen to have a few Argosy units & am totally sold on them.

However,

They seem to have dropped off the map, so to speak. Web site in (Los Angeles) USA has beem down for year(s). They have a site in Tiawan (& China), but have not replied to several e-mails from me.

I want this SB333!:

http://www.argosy.com.tw/products_smart%20tv%20box.html

The earlier units, actually, the 1st was a Lasonic combo dvd/internal hdd player, it was ok for the time, but they improved. The last one I got is an HV359V, which for me is the best so far.

The 1st ones only played dvd folders (video_ts) & viewed only jpeg images. The 359 plays lots of diff formats & records (at only 480 res) from composite input.

I use it for watching movies 99% of the time.

I have an older hv372 I use as a dedicated music player, its hooked to a stereo amp & to a small portable Haier (<- NEVER buy hAIER stuff!!NEVER) tv for finding music.

Does anyone have knowledge or info or 'opinions' about Argosy?

Thanks, -cornemuse-
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want that I suppose you are in a DVB-T area. In North America, a similar device for the ATSC system I use is
    http://www.mediasonic.ca/product.php?id=1365123671
    The beauty of this device is it records the HD reception as viewable/editable MPEG-2 PS on the attached USB drive, no fuss, no HDCP, no conversions.
    Maybe they have a DVB-T version?
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote