VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Have you noticed lately, the last couple of years or so, that the movies are using a technique that is disturbing to me. They photograph the actors in their face. The scenes that demand some background visuals have none. All you see is the actor/actress face close up for long stretches of the film. Very boring and looks amateurish like the Blair Witch stupid movie. Nobody, in real life, looks at another person like they project on the screen. Well maybe if you are sucking lips or looking for a pimple.

The other problem is filming in a green color cast that permeates the whole movie. White stuff is light green. Can't they do a white balance on their camera's?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The green thing I only noticed while watching the matrix movies. But I think that was on purpose.

I only watch scifi/action movies in the theater so I don't think I have noticed this close up trend you are talking about.

Sent from my Eclipse-X using Tapatalk
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, Matrix is a good example. I still don't know why they do that. I have a feeling they screwed up on a couple of important scenes by not white balancing properly and since those scenes were costly to redo they just put a green cast on the whole movie in post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I thought matrix was doing it only while your actually in the matrix? If I recall the ships and zion had a bluish more natural feel to it.

Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another gripe, from me anyway, the volume on everything except dialog approaches distortion (on home setup through stereo) & I still have trouble understanding their voices. This is mainly action/adventure movies, I need the sub-titles! (I am 67 & hard of hearing-there Ive said it). I havent been to a theater in over 20 years 'cause its TOO loud & I dont understand much at all spoken, I got headaches tho, , ,
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, I agree and usually the background music/noise is so loud that you have trouble hearing the voices.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My biggest thing about volume is for tv. News shows and documentary shows always have music and background volumes too loud. You can't tell what the narrators are saying.

Quote Quote