VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tests are showing some risk of copyright infringement, by the way. There may be issues of that, and then customers might want to have concern that (1) their so-called license payments for the software might be viewed as contributory, or (2) it would merely be wasted once this operation is halted. IF it's halted. This is going to be interesting since licensing of those films in no way condones a replacement strategy of the soundtrack, partial or not.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by OllieTSB View Post
    Tests are showing some risk of copyright infringement
    It's a near 100 percent risk of copyright infringement on the part of DvdRanger. They're distributing (poor quality) copies of the audio tracks for profit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I managed to isolate the audio from the database for Elysium last night. Not much difference...it is a full length soundtrack that has a dull sound to it. The only difference is the size. The input database is 98mb and the AAC audio file produced by their program is 280mb.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    I'll wait for AnydvdHD to crack cinavia.
    Good luck with that.
    AnyDVD/AnyDVD HD wont be defeating cinavia ever.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OllieTSB View Post
    Tests are showing some risk of copyright infringement, by the way. There may be issues of that, and then customers might want to have concern that (1) their so-called license payments for the software might be viewed as contributory,
    Maybe, but I think it's highly unlikely that Hollywood would try that tactic in a US court. They have not yet gone after customers who buy ripping programs. Why? Simple - the customer may truly be only using the software to back up his own legally purchased discs (ie. they want to put the films on their own file server or what I call the "My kids always f*** up my discs, so I make copies" situation). Hollywood truly fears going to court and having a precedent set that legalizes ripping and copying under "Fair Use" doctrine, so they have carefully avoided situations where that might be used as a defense.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, "highly unlikely." US courts just don't do that sort of thing.

Studios, by the way, are sued more often and lose more money to artists they've ripped off, by the way, than all of the downloader fines combined.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by OllieTSB View Post
    Yes, "highly unlikely." US courts just don't do that sort of thing.

Studios, by the way, are sued more often and lose more money to artists they've ripped off, by the way, than all of the downloader fines combined.
    Your link is completely and utterly irrelevant. Your link is about a music downloading case. That's a different topic. Did you even read your own link anyway? Do the actions of the graduate student involved in any way seem rational? Would a rational person say something equivalent to "I'm just glad it wasn't $4.5 million" after getting an almost $700,000 judgement against them? We're veering off topic here, but you should note that the monstrous judgements awarded in a few music sharing cases have been against abnormal defendants who have mounted horrible defenses (dude in this case pled guilty and went to trial to settle the damages - NEVER heard of that tactic before) and generally behaved arrogantly on the witness stand.

We're not talking about downloading. We're talking about whether people who buy ripping programs should fear getting sued by Hollywood. This has nothing to do with downloading. Find me an example of someone sued for ripping their own DVDs and BDs and not sharing them and we can talk. I stand by my statement that Hollywood doesn't want to touch the ripping aspect because of fear of setting a binding precedent that ripping is legal in the USA.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anydvd isn't cracking cinavia because they have no incentive to do it. Cinavia is used on very few disk,almost none other than Sony releases. If every disk had cinavia they would have the incentive because they're software would be useless and nobody would buy it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    J, YOU wrote nonsense about US courts not paying attention to RIAA based mandates, and the link shows how exactly wrong YOU are. The usually idiotic twins.

Of course, there are only a few dozen similar demonstrations... far more when boundaries aren't limited.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    So this dvd-ranger work and remove cinavia protection or not?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    So this dvd-ranger work and remove cinavia protection or not?
    The audio produced by the DVDRanger CinEX program does not contain Cinavia. It is not the same, high quality sound you would hear from the original DTS HD MA audio, but is acceptable for some people, and is clearly a huge improvement over their first attempts.

No one outside of the DVDRanger group knows for certain if the Cinavia protection is removed, or if they are replacing part of the audio from other sources. From past dealings with them, everyone is recommended to take their statements with a healthy dose of skepticism.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    While the developers attitude and behavior leaves a lot to be desired, he does deserve credit for a working solution which the average non-techie can insert disc and click backup. OTOH the software SHOULD work without the database file and according to the developer it is only needed to reduce processing time. I guess he is trying to protect his "algorithm" by not including it in the machine code of the program and by doing so forces users to download replacement audio files.

It would be nice if you could select a mkv/mp4/ts/m2ts/... file which it would proceed to remove the cinivia audio watermark without requiring a database file, and that would convince many reluctant users to pay for his app.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Correction-I see you CAN use this app on video files and not just BD folders/ISO's/Discs.
    I have to admit I bought a license just to play around with it and see if I can sense the actors voices turning into chipmunks like others have commented. It might be snake oil, but OTOH it SEEMS to be the main "solution" avaliable for those instances when you need it.
    Quote Quote