VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, i recently had a friend give me a DVD Movie[Captain Phillips] that he purchased
    & he asked me if i wanted to make a copy for myself. I agreed but after trying for several hours
    i could not make a copy.I have 3 dvd burners.two burning/copying programs[dvd fab-older ver.]
    & wonderfox dvd ripper,also tried Nero 10 but none of these are seeing the disk.keeps asking to
    put disk in. Would anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Thank you in advance.P.S.
    Movie is Blu-ray

Search Comp PM
    DVD burner? You need a blu-ray writer....
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ralphp View Post
    Hello, i recently had a friend give me a DVD Movie[Captain Phillips] that he purchased
    & he asked me if i wanted to make a copy for myself. I agreed but after trying for several hours
    i could not make a copy.I have 3 dvd burners.two burning/copying programs[dvd fab-older ver.]
    & wonderfox dvd ripper,also tried Nero 10 but none of these are seeing the disk.keeps asking to
    put disk in. Would anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Thank you in advance.P.S.
    Movie is Blu-ray
    Read the forum rules again. In the fair use section they explain that discussions about copying copyrighted videos that were borrowed from someone else are not allowed here.

Fair use DOES NOT APPLY TO rentals or borrowed media or streaming tv to everyone.

Search PM
    If this were a PD/Opensource/Home movie, your source disc wouldn't be encrypted so you could just copy the disc. It's a H'wood movie, so it IS encrypted, so you need a proper decrypter (ANYDVD, DVDFabHDDecrypter, etc) in the chain.
    That's just getting the title OFF the source disc, then you'd have to burn onto a new disc (which you WOULD need a burner for, unless you were just going to use the ISO). Imgburn is good there.

Regardless, since it sounds like your friend isn't letting you keep the original, you don't have ANY fair use rights to that movie. This constitutes WAREZ and isn't allowed to be discussed here. <edit>usually_quiet beat me to it!

Scott

5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy the movie.