VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought a retail dvd package that includes two DL-dvds that each disc includes 8 episodes each. So here what happens I put my disc in my pioneer 2208 blu-ray drive by the way I'm running windows 7. Anyway when dvdfab checks the disc it only sees the four episodes out of the eight on the disc. I know the disc has eight episodes cause I watched all of them on my dvd player.

The program only allows me to select the four only to rip. The second disc in the collection does the same thing. I even reverted to a earlier version of DVDFab v8.2.3.0 Qt it does the same thing as the latest DVDFab v9.1.2.8.

I tried a diff dvd that I have that is also a DVD-DL disc and there was no problems in seeing everything on the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you play all 8 episodes with a player like vlc media player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You should post the name of the DVDs. Well, unless you don't really want help. Why? It's possible that the DVD was badly authored and knowing what it is might enable somebody to comment on that. You should also tell what country the DVD is from. For example, in the USA the first season of the TV show "The Office" is one one DVD as there were only 6 half hour (really 23 or so minutes) episodes. That DVD is as badly an authored DVD as I have ever seen, with it not being possible through normal methods to rip the 6 episodes into individual ones. It's been quite a while since I worked on it, but I think it ripped into 4 episodes instead of 6 and I had to use a commercial editor to assemble various parts of what ripped into the individual episodes. Really ugly stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look at the disk in Explorer,do the episodes list as 8 separate ifo's or one large ifo? look at the disk with Ifoedit and see how the episodes are listed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The New Adventures of Batman (2007) it's a old cartoon from 1977 bought at amazon USA.

DVD's play fine in VLC. What other rippers should I try if I can't get this to work in DVDFab ? But I would like it to work though in DVDFab. Eight ep each 22mins each. When DVDFab loads up the disc I'll see four 22min chapters/ep and one giant 180mins approx chapter which I assume is the whole eight ep in one chapter. I don't want to rip all eight ep in one big AVI. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That DVD is old enough that it should not be using any of the new anti-copy protection methods. Download DVDDecrypter and read about how to rip in IFO (IFO and NOT ISO - BIG differerence!) mode. IFO mode should let you rip episode by episode. See if DVDDecrypter can get them correctly. DVDDecrypter hasn't been updated in years but it was the best tool I ever used for episode ripping.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Have you tried extracting the episodes with a different decryption program? Like DVDShrink in ReAuthor mode or MakeMKV? Both are free to download and use. MakeMKV would give you .mkv files as output from a DVD, but these can be re-authored to DVD-Video if necessary with no loss of quality.

If they fail also, that supports the idea that you have a poor quality disc, rather than an inadequacy on the part of DVDFab.

I might try another drive if available. My Pioneer Blu-ray burner isn't the best reader I have, and yours may not be reading the second layer of this particular disc well, or at all. But I would say this is a very long shot at a solution.

Oops, a bit late with these suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  8. okay thanks, will try these ideals when I get home.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Try DVDDecrypter before trying DVDShrink or MakeMKV.

Guide to ripping in IFO mode (about halfway down):
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/dvddec.htm
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Subzero11 View Post
    I bought a retail dvd package that includes two DL-dvds that each disc includes 8 episodes each. So here what happens I put my disc in my pioneer 2208 blu-ray drive by the way I'm running windows 7. Anyway when dvdfab checks the disc it only sees the four episodes out of the eight on the disc. I know the disc has eight episodes cause I watched all of them on my dvd player.

The program only allows me to select the four only to rip. The second disc in the collection does the same thing. I even reverted to a earlier version of DVDFab v8.2.3.0 Qt it does the same thing as the latest DVDFab v9.1.2.8.

I tried a diff dvd that I have that is also a DVD-DL disc and there was no problems in seeing everything on the disc.
    go into dvdfabs settings and select disable pathplayer. restart dvdfab and try again.
    discs with mulitple episodes like tv series ect work better with pathplayer disabled.
    Last edited by october262; 20th Feb 2014 at 16:59.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I bought a retail dvd package that includes two DL-dvds that each disc includes 8 episodes each. So here what happens I put my disc in my pioneer 2208 blu-ray drive by the way I'm running windows 7. Anyway when dvdfab checks the disc it only sees the four episodes out of the eight on the disc. I know the disc has eight episodes cause I watched all of them on my dvd player.

go into dvdfabs settings and select disable pathplayer. restart dvdfab and try again.
    discs with mulitple episodes like tv series ect work better with pathplayer disabled.

Thats it, it works now. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by october262 View Post

thanks to person who posted this but i had to change it back from disable to enable when necessary because when it was disabled it couldn't preview or rip the dvd.

Only thing i can think of is that south park season 12 dvd have ton of titles store on the dvd but most of them are not even used and dvdfab got confused and didn't know how to handle it

thanks again
    Quote Quote