VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been adding Japanese subtitles to movies for quite a while with no issues until today. For some reason, when I playback a video I recorded today with the added subtitle, it reads in English. The videos I have recorded previously still show the subtitles in Japanese. ( I only mention this for playback purposes )

I am using VSO ConvertXtoDVD to convert, add sub, and burn. I sometimes use Nero Rom 12.
    The .srt file when opened in Word shows Japanese characters. If not, I use Word to change encoding.
    My subtitle settings for ConvertXtoDVD are for Japanese and have been used very successfully for my previous recordings.

I also tried viewing the avi with VLC and the subs are in English there as well.

I have downloaded the sub again just in case I corrupted it or otherwise screwed it up but get the same results.

Something has changed and I am not sure where to look to make the correction.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How do you get english subtitles from a japanse srt??

What exactly is your source? Avi and srt? The avi might have burned in subs? Or something.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    How do you get english subtitles from a japanse srt??

What exactly is your source? Avi and srt? The avi might have burned in subs? Or something.
    Thanks for the reply! Got everything working again OK. Even though I had done this hundreds of times, my auto pilot must have lost course. I redid everything last night and things are back to normal. Don't know where I was going wrong but it was wrong some how.

Thanks again!!!
    Quote Quote