VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I (and others i presume) am searching for a good old capture card. Aim: to capture vhs in uncomp/lossless format. I'm not so into getting one from ebay, and from searching i have found these 2 websites selling refurbished (please don't consider it as advertising, i've been googling my guts out):

http://www.cosmodata.gr/category/1009/kartes-grafikon-refurbish

http://www.i-techshop.gr/en/Products/RefurbishedPC/PCComponents/PCDesktop/VGACards

(the first one is in greek but you can navigate from model to model )
    i'm new to capturing and trying to buy smth to meet the quality criteria i've read in the forum. would you pick out any of these out for these purpose? I curently don't have any svhs (searching for one) or TBC, so if i have to go composite it would be a must for a card to have comb filtering (like the ATI cards i've been reading about, and these sites are the only places i've found any of them).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The ATI Radeon X1800XL PCIE 512MB is nice. I have one myself.

Just be sure it's complete!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks. i thought that would be the Chosen One Says it has the "connection cables". I guess they mean the breakout cables for the inputs.Will give that one a try. For 30euros i guess it won't be any worse than the 60 i gave for an Avermedia EZmaker or the 100 i've found a Blackmagic Intensity Pro. By the way i'm a fan of your posts, really clear ones and to the point
    Quote Quote