VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone here using classic shell 4.0.4 on win8.1?Just like to know if it gives back the option to show the contents folder size in the bottom right task bar without having to select it first,here's a pic to show what i mean.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	23355  

I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No. Classic Shell only gives you a Start Menu replacement. It doesn't affect the way File Explorer works. If you hover over a file or folder in Windows 8.1's File Explorer, a tooltip box appears to display information about the file or folder, and that is all.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Classic Shell gives you more than a start menu replacement,I've been using it for the last 4 years,thanks for tip NJRoadfan,ill give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Classic Shell gives you more than a start menu replacement,I've been using it for the last 4 years,thanks for tip NJRoadfan,ill give it a try.
    I forgot about the other parts of Classic Shell since I don't care about them, and didn't install them.

..and since you already have been using it for 4 years, WTH are you bothering to ask about it? Just download the update, install it and see for yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm asking people who are using win8 cause i went back to win7 a few months ago,i didn't want to reinstall win8 if i class shell couldn't emulate what i wanted.Simple as that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Installing Classic Explorer from Classic Shell 4.0.4 doesn't restore the functionality shown in your screen shot. File Explorer's Window is still divided into two panes, still includes the Ribbon Interface, and the information that you want to see is only displayed on the Task Bar if you click on a folder in File Explorer's left pane.
    Quote Quote