VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Fyi its firefox 26 I'm using right now.

So with the drop down list of the most used websites how do you change this?

I use it basically as my bookmark. It holds a dozen sites and those are the most frequent ones I go to so I don't really need to go to the bookmarks.

I just want to add it to my drop down list on the url entry line.

So do I just have to keep typing in the website name over and over again?

Thanks.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. As far as typing the name of a URL, I just type the first couple of letters and up pops several choices, usually the one I want is the first one and I just click on that. I haven't found a way to change the order of that list. But if you click on the URL that you want it seems to remember that one and it is presented first next time.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tree tops
    I just type the first couple of letters and up pops several choices,
    Yep I know but I'm being extremely lazy in this particular request of mine. I don't want to type in this circumstance.

Originally Posted by tree tops
    But if you click on the URL that you want it seems to remember that one and it is presented first next time.
    I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean just clicking the choice from the list will make it the first one next time? I'll have to try it.

Thanks for writing.

Edit - sorry that click suggestion doesn't work in version 26. I clicked one of the third or fourth choices and after the site loaded it wasn't the first choice.

Anything else?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean the large icons that appear if you open a new tab? If you do, hover the mouse over them and a Unpin and remove button appears on them so you can remove any you don't want and just keep those you do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @richard_g - nope I mean the list of the last ten or so websites you've been to if you click on the drop down arrow next to the star icon for bookmarking. Thanks for writing though.

I FOUND IT!!!!!

I knew you could get rid of a listing in the drop down menu by pressing the delete key. So I started thinking if it could work in reverse - IT DOES!

So all you have to do to add the website to the drop down list is to highlight the website in the url bar and press INSERT.

That's all! Sweet

Now I can be even lazier!!! YEAH!

Edit - I also found out how to move it in the list. You just keep clicking it over and over again and it will move up the list.
    Last edited by yoda313; 1st Feb 2014 at 23:16.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    @richard_g - nope i mean the list of the last ten or so websites you've been to if you click on the drop down arrow next to the star icon for bookmarking. Thanks for writing though.

I found it!!!!!

I knew you could get rid of a listing in the drop down menu by pressing the delete key. So i started thinking if it could work in reverse - it does!

So all you have to do to add the website to the drop down list is to highlight the website in the url bar and press insert.

that's all! Sweet

now i can be even lazier!!! Yeah! :d :d :d

edit - i also found out how to move it in the list. You just keep clicking it over and over again and it will move up the list.
    nice!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    nice!!!
    Glad to help

I knew I couldn't be the only lazy one here
    Quote Quote