VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. [QUOTE=_MrC_;2299268]
    Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    well not sure what I should get .... this time .. my steps

Screenshots are helpful, but do not forget to upload the project log file as well.

Bye

OK ... run again ... here is the error popup:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	audio too small.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	23330

and the log file:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to the log, the safemode audio processing was successful.
    Did you get a working DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have burnt too many coasters in past couple of days .. held off at moment.

The file it creates does not have any audio when played .. it will not run by 'double click on it' (the original avi file will), I can however open it from within VLC and it plays the video but has no audio.
    Mediainfo also shows nothing for audio.

So pretty sure burning another DVD not necessary until I can get this resolved.
    Last edited by Tafflad; 3rd Feb 2014 at 09:06.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have burnt too many coasters in past couple of days .. held off at moment.

The file it creates does not have any audio when played .. it will not run by 'double click on it' (the original avi file will), I can however open it from within VLC and it plays the video but has no audio.
    Mediainfo also shows nothing for audio.

So pretty sure bring another DVD not necessary until I can get this resolved.
    As I mentioned earlier, stop burning disks! Test the video_TS folder straight out of the hard drive
    in mpc-hc or similar . In mpc-hc, you just open it up and drag the video_ts folder into it.
    Probably VLC is similar.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In vlc you can simply open the .ifo file and the dvd will play or, as before since the vob file is small just open that.

I feel a test coming on [got some progs to install first]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So I installed the latest version of avstodvd. I installed the complete package and since I had none of the support files they were also installed.

All options were at default.

In running the program with the extract, I also have the audio error.

However......

The dvd has been created correctly and there IS sound when I open it in media player - vlc is not installed on the PC at present.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Like-wise. Something about the file causes problems during the audio demux, but the safemode (as can be
    seen from the log works fine)

Just out of interest, I took the original extract.mpg, demuxed the streams using Tmpg 2.5,
    remuxed and create extract_b.mpg. User that as input to A2D and it ran without any errors.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So....

I uninstalled the latest version and installed the version I was using yesterday 2.4.2. The main difference with this installation was that avisynth was not installed (it already was), an mkvtoolkit was installed along with imgburn.

Same process but now there were no reported error. And I still have sound.

So, whilst the error appears to originate from a support file in the latest version, the lack of playback audio is not the fault of the program.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the version of ffmpeg.exe appears to be the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

As I mentioned earlier, stop burning disks! Test the video_TS folder straight out of the hard drive
    That is what I have been doing ... the video plays in VLC - but no audio.

in MPC it does play if opened from within program ....
    Double cli8ck on the file does nothing - no pay of video.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

That is what I have been doing ... the video plays in VLC - but no audio.

Double cli8ck on the file does nothing - no pay of video.
    here, try this output - does it play with audio?Works fine on my PC.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes that plays .... so seems to confirm the issue that my 'use' of AVStoDVS is not providing audio, error suggests initial codec fails, and it switches to backup.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    pls try what I suggested earlier.

Uninstall the program (click on uninstall from within the program folder). Go to the program page on this site, click 'Install Older Versions', scroll down and select 2.4.2.

Report back when dvd is created/played.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    Does MPC plays the video and audio or the video only? You can play the DVD with MPC just double-clicking on the VIDEO_TS.ifo file. Better if you use MPC-HC or MPC-BE.

Yes that plays .... so seems to confirm the issue that my 'use' of AVStoDVS is not providing audio, error suggests initial codec fails, and it switches to backup.
    No codecs involved in both the demuxing try and the 'FFmpeg Safe Mode' try. I am quite sure the audio is present. Because from your log file, the audio is there in the DVD structure. Do you have a rewritable DVD to burn and check on the standalone DVD player?

Another option would be to force AVStoDVD to re-encode the MP2 audio stream to AC3: go to 'Edit Title'/'Audio', toggle off 'Auto Audio Setup' and 'Audio Direct Stream Copy'. Select AC3 as audio option.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Ok got the problem. Dave, as many other times, has given the right direction

The mpg file has the audio MP2 track mapped (very strangely) as track #0:2. When Dave has re-muxed the mpg file, the remuxing step with good old TMPG has corrected the track mapping to #0:1.

AVStoDVD 2.4.2 did not use streams mapping call when demuxing audio with FFmpeg:
    Code:
    FFmpeg.exe -i "C:\Input\extract.mpg" -acodec copy "I:\Output\DVD_0_extract_1.ToFix.mp2"
    FFmpeg takes the first available audio track, whatever the track ID is and demux it. That's why DB83 does not see the issue.

AVStoDVD 2.7.3 uses streams mapping:
    Code:
    FFmpeg.exe -i "C:\Input\extract.mpg" -acodec copy -map 0:1 "I:\Output\DVD_0_extract_1.ToFix.mp2"
    generating the error by FFmpeg.

That's an example of combination of badly muxed mpeg2 file and nasty redundancy of command line flags... my bad. From next AVStoDVD release I will add the -map flag only if there are multiple audio tracks in the source file.

Hence definitive solution is to remux the mpg with a good software (TMPG, Avidemux) and then feed AVStoDVD with the new mpg file. With that workaround also the original big mpg should be properly handled by AVStoDVD.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. MrC ..... thanks for your help and Dave & DB83

The video file that is imported into Vegas comes from VD ..... is this something that Vegas is doing to cause this problem ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dare I say that it may be you who is doing something in Vegas

Mpeg files can have more than one audio track. Nothing to do with stereo. Take a close, close look at your workflow.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Could be ... there are 3 tracks on on the timeline, but don't these get muxed down to a single track when you Render ?
    If not its easy enough for me to drag them onto one track
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing to do with the tracks. They mix together.

I would look at the render options.

For clarity, there is only one track but that may be on 'track two' or something like that. Who really knows.

Like I said and _MrC_ provided the technical reason, the older version will fix this. Remuxing may cause you more grief.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But none of this answers why you get no sound (cheesy as it is )
    Quote Quote  
  21. All very odd .... why no sound, but could not find any render options that could account for it ... but now found a workaround for elementary streams with Vegas/DVD architect .... and that produces end result, and all output works as expected.
    So I'll wait until AVStoDVD is updated before I try to use again.

Thanks to all for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But why not try the older version ?
    Quote Quote