VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Very puzzling. If there was an error in the demuxing I would expect to read about abnormal termination in the log file.

But this line states that the mv2 dile has been created.

END VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: E:\Users\Rick\Videos\DVD_5_Wedding Final.m2v (3450.1 MB)

[Oh poop. Les Bleus are being le crunched]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Tafflad - what version of Windows is this? 32 bit or 64.
    What version of FFdshow do you have installed? In your log (from the main screen) I see this -
    21:31:57' ffdshow 1.0.0 32bit is installed ("D:\Program Files (x86)\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax").

When I run it on my XP box, it detects the version properly, eg:
    ffdshow 1.3.4500 32bit is installed ("F:\Program Files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax")

Did the program actually create this temp file?
    END VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: E:\Users\Rick\Videos\DVD_5_Wedding Final.m2v (3450.1 MB)
    <>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well the PC specs say 64 bit and I know my friend, in another topic, stated that his OS was 64 bit.

But why should this matter ? A 64 bit OS can run 32 bit programs. Even so, I am confused since I read elsewhere that 64 bit programs were installed in the (x86) folder although that seems contradictory.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have 64 bit pc

OK have some news .... as you can see by the 'main screen picture' I set the output folder to be :
    E:\AVSDVD output
    and that is where the log file is put ...

After the comment by DB83 I went and looked and it has actually created the output file ... but placed in elsewhere:
    E:\Users\Rick\Videos\DVD_5_Wedding Final.m2v

So it is working, but has 2 bugs (it seems) first off the error that it has created a zero length file
    Secondly it does not put the file in the correct folder.

Mediainfo tells me it is :

Complete name : E:\Users\Rick\Videos\DVD_5_Wedding Final.m2v
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 3.37 GiB
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Video
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=12
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 9 000 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 576 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Standard : PAL

Does this mean it has not created any Audio file ? it was there as loaded media ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since you asked for dvd folders, the m2v file is temporary. And IIRC that is created in the same folder as the source vid. So no mistake there. Forget now if that will be deleted if and when the folders are created.

The loaded media showed the audio that was included in the muxed mpg. It is suggested that, for some reason, avstodvd does not like mp2 audio. Try exporting the mpg from Vegas with LPCM audio and import that in to avstodvd.

Another, remote, possibilty is that your version of avstodvd is buggy. You can always install an older version from the page in the tools section.

Beyond that, I still suggest you ask that question about the audio in the dedicated support thread. But try the LPCM first.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have asked moderator to move this thread there.
    Normally forums get uppity if you post in a Sticky .. that is why I didn't pots there in first place.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing can be moved. The support thread is just that, a thread. It is not a separate forum.

Try the LPCM suggestion.

PS. Well done Les Blues.
    Quote Quote  
  8. OK in other forums I belong to threads get moved ... must depend on the software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sure that threads can get moved here as well. But where would this thread get moved to ? It is already in the right and only place for it other than the newbie forum.

What you can do though is add a post to the support thread. _MrC_ may see this topic but is equally likely to see the post in his own topic.
    Quote Quote  
  10. sorry I thought you meant (post #2) I should have added to the support thread.
    I'll put a Q. there as you suggest.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hey guys, I'm here. Unfortunately I have little time in these last weeks.

As far as I can understand from the long thread, Tafflad (hi!) has properly loaded the mpg file, which is DVD compliant. Hence:

- AVStoDVD is trying to demux the elementary streams m2v and mp2 (remember that Muxman wants elementary streams as input to author DVD)

- video demuxing phase is completed, m2v is created, BUT Mediainfo (for some reason I do not know) is not detecting the duration

- AVStoDVD prompts the user that the m2v duration is not correct. Now just press OK and continue the project! It is the default choice. Have you done that, Tafflad?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. I did press OK, . and thought nothing was happening, no file other than log file in the output folder.
    The fact that log file was there led me to believe that the folder was 'accepted' by the program.
    However with the zero file length msg, and no files in the folder, I assumed it was not working.
    It appears it is working, but msg is wrong, and files being put in wrong folder.

From the settings I used will the output file be video only, and I have to run a second time to get Audio?
    The screen grab in post #23 shows app has identified the video & audio.
    Will it create both audio & video as necessary?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only acid test is that the dvd folders are ultimately created.

Mediainfo is not a perfect tool but it normally is reasonably reliable which is why _MrC_ uses it as part of his front-end.

We have to look deeper now to see why the process is not completing (if indeed it is not as it appears to be). Can I suggest something we can use to do some analysis on the issue. Create a short (one minute is enough) video with EXACTLY the same parameters as you presently are importing into avstodvd. Upload this as an attachment and let us play with it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. OK ... I'll do that later today ... at the moment the single file created (no folders) is video only - no audio.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Here you go ... 1min extract from the same original mpg file, rendered with same Vegas template.
    Checked with Mediainfo ... shows same parameters as for the main file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You not gonna like this.

Loaded the extract into my version of avstodvd. It took but a few seconds to create a dvd.

[version 2.3.2]

The log file:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And just to show it was no fluke, here is another but this time changing the default audio to AC3
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. well not sure what I should get .... this time .. my steps
    # Open AVStoDV
    # New Project
    # use + to select file
    (check it was set for DVD folder structure)
    # Press start

Attached grab show settings & error popup ... this time it complains of zero bite audio ?

It does this time put output in correct folder .... but in the AUDIO_TS nothing in there
    As Audio is selected and shown in the settings screen should it not have created an Audio file ?

If I double click the file created it plays - but no audio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	settings.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	23328
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Odd. I do notice that two projects are started whereas I would expect one. Try this.

1. Close down the program
    2. Restart the program
    3. Use title/add title to err um add the title rather than by the + button
    4. Hit start

Audio_TS is always empty for dvd-video. You do not even need to burn that folder.

If it still does not work then there must be corruption with the sub-programs. You could try un-installing it and installing an older version. Otherwise I am stumped. But ask on the support thread if the program uses your previously installed version of sub-programs such as mediainfo or its own
    Quote Quote  
  20. Followed those steps ... again get popup that audio is of zero length ... click proceed and it creates file structure shown below ...
    Is there a simple way of checking that this is correct with audio ? ..... is there something that can 'play' the .vob file it seems to think VLC can play it, but no joy there.

I have created far too many DVD coasters in past 48 Hrs ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	file struct.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	23329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just click (or double-click) on the vts_01_1 file and vlc should play it.

Tis also wise not to hide file extensions.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Nope ... double click didn't work, I did however open form VLC and video run ... but no Audio
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    Followed those steps ... again get popup that audio is of zero length ... click proceed and it creates file structure shown below ...
    Is there a simple way of checking that this is correct with audio ? ..... is there something that can 'play' the .vob file it seems to think VLC can play it, but no joy there.

I have created far too many DVD coasters in past 48 Hrs ...

[Attachment 23329 - Click to enlarge]
    Hopefully you didn't create actual coasters. Don''t burn to a disk until you've checked the video_ts folder
    works properly first!

The other thing you should do ,
    control panel/folder options/
    deselect "hide file extensions for known file types"
    Last edited by davexnet; 2nd Feb 2014 at 14:04.
    Quote Quote  
  24. OK ... have 'enabled file type view' .......... my concern at this point is no audio ........ which aligns with the error message ... zero file length.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I just checked with the volume on and can assure you that the final vid has sound.

Like I said, you can try an earlier version but it does seem that something screwey is going on with your system. Even a double click from an explorer window should invoke the program set to run a file is not working as it should.

Do check other videos to ensure that you actually have sound just incase windows has somehow muted it.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you install the avstodvd installer package (.exe file installer) or the noinstall portable version?

If you installed the proper installer version, perhaps uninstall and reinstall it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. If I double click the file I uploaded get Audio fine .... same with any other clips ... but none created by AVStoDVD

I did install the AVStoDVD package, I'll try de-install and re-install.

Maybe it has bugs with W7 64 bit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bugs ?. Unlikely. I have recently installed Win 7/64 and my system is 'clean' ie nothing else is installed. If time permits, I will install, test that tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    well not sure what I should get .... this time .. my steps
    # Open AVStoDV
    # New Project
    # use + to select file
    (check it was set for DVD folder structure)
    # Press start

Attached grab show settings & error popup ... this time it complains of zero bite audio ?

It does this time put output in correct folder .... but in the AUDIO_TS nothing in there
    As Audio is selected and shown in the settings screen should it not have created an Audio file ?

If I double click the file created it plays - but no audio.

[Attachment 23328 - Click to enlarge]
    Screenshots are helpful, but do not forget to upload the project log file as well.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    but in the AUDIO_TS nothing in there
    Nothing will ever be in the AUDIO_TS file. The audio is inside the VOBs which are in the VIDEO_TS.

Have you checked the VOBs in MediaInfo to confirm there's no audio in them?
    Quote Quote