VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had purchased Sony HDR-CX220E. I need to get the live output from the cam to my PC. After some googling, i came to know , only DV with USB streaming feature can get its live out to PC (as a webcam do). Another solution i got is to use the firewire port. But i cant find any USB streaming feature with the cam. I cant use the firewire due to some reasons too. So i am planning to buy some HDMI recording card.

My doubt is, can i get the live output to the HDMI or is it just using for playing the recorded videos?

If i can use an HDMI recording card in this scenario, please suggest a good one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You should see the live output, but:
    - the camera may go to sleep after some time sitting there without recording
    - you may not be able to disable all onscreen icons from the HDMI output

Cheapest HDMI capture card: HD72A ($52 on sale)

If you don't want to buy a Chinese card, I would hit up eBay for a used BlackMagic Intensity. They sell anywhere from $50-150 at auction ($200 MSRP).
    Quote Quote  
  3. So, whats the best solution? anyway to avoid the camera to sleep? also how to avoid the icons/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't have this camera... I suggest you google and look at the manual.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No idea if it is the same on yours but on all earlier generation Sony camcorders you could stop them from going to sleep by leaving the tape door open.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    I don't have this camera... I suggest you google and look at the manual.

Manual dont have any information regarding my need
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Richard_G View Post
    No idea if it is the same on yours but on all earlier generation Sony camcorders you could stop them from going to sleep by leaving the tape door open.
    Its a digital one and no dont having tape
    Quote Quote