VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A friend of mine,described me the plot of one of his favorite movies and asked me (if possible) to find it...

The plot has to do...with a family going vecation (probably with RV) and it fell off a mountain and only the children survived,(mostly in nature) and someone found them and tried to help them become social...
    It belongs to the 80's...

It is not...
    "The earthling 1980"

or "Kid Cotler" !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Walkabout" - Jenny Agutter. Nic Roeg film ? But that's a 70's movie.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not this,I mentioned already that the movie shows two children survived and noone of the parents but a stranger found them..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your best bet is to post on here, I've had replies in less than 5 minutes sometimes. Plus there is a lot more knowledge on here and you'll get a lot of help

http://www.imdb.com/board/bd0000001/threads/

Even a vague couple of lies or badly described scene can get what you are looking for. Even if you describe it to what you 'think' it was usually gets the correct film ..... like I have in the past !!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Iron Maiden UK View Post
    Not this,I mentioned already that the movie shows two children survived and noone of the parents but a stranger found them..
    That's ok. But in this movie there were two surviving children, a youny boy and an older girl (I only mentioned one) and they were found by an Aborigine. (Of course there are no mountains in the Australian outback other than Ayres Rock ) Have not seen this movie for some time so forget the circumstanes how they lost their parents.

It was but a suggestion since memories alter in the mist of time and the mountain bit could have been wrong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, I've just tried looking via Google and it came back straight away with 'walkabout; as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkabout_%28film%29

I've managed to track films down via IMDB as suggested above, even though I had the totally wrong plot to what I was thinking of and even wrong era but still managed to find it ......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I know.... This was set in the Australian outback, and the father had mental problems. He took his daughter and younger son out into the remote area and was going to kill them and commit suicide. They escaped him and he accidentally killed himself and blew up the vehicle. So they were stranded and in really bad shape when by chance an aborigine young man came across them and saved them. That was a really great film I must say. It's in our local library. "Walkabout".
    [EDIT]: oops, I should have clicked the link before posting. Sorry.
    Quote Quote