VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I changed the configuration of the drives in my computer (moved two drives from a controller card to the motherboard controller together with a third drive drive) and nero cdspeed now detects only one drive (I think the drive with the first assigned letter). Windows and all other software detect the drives with no problems. I tried uninstalling cdspeed and installing it again and still it does not detect the drives. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Be sure that the drive cables are well connected first. Nero has issues if you make changes so this kind of thing happens a lot. The only thing that ever worked for me with a similar problem was to find an update for Nero and install that on top of my old version of Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    All drives are detected by windows so it is not a cable issue and I am only using cdspeed and not the nero application. Also I am using the latest version of cdspeed so I can't install an update.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Actually the fact that Windows finds the drives (for now) does not give you a 100% guarantee that it's not a cable issue. While I do certainly agree that most likely it isn't, you could do yourself a huge favor by checking the cable just to be sure everything is tight and the connection isn't loose. It's easy enough to check and if it solves your problem so much the better.

If you're not using Nero and CDSpeed is some kind of free app they let people use (I have no idea as I bought Nero a few years ago and got everything with it including CDSpeed) then you're out of luck until they release an update for it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try this.

Un-install the program
    Remove ALL temporary files connected to the program
    Remove ALL registry entries connected to the program (some may be left after un-install)

Reboot

Re-install the program - get the latest version direct from this site.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I checked the cables and everything seems fine. I tried cleaning the registry, but it did not fix the problem. I also try installing the latest nero 2014 and all drives were recognized by nero burning rom. But cdspeed was not included in nero 2014 so I still have the same problem.
    Last edited by kyrcy; 28th Dec 2013 at 00:36.
    Quote Quote