VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I bought A Good Day to Die Hard on ebay the other day and finally watched it last night.

While not the best action movie or best Die Hard movie even it was a good action movie for what it is.

However I must admit to being surprised by the twist at the end. Granted its not really much of a twist and upon reflection I probably should have seen it coming. But it still surprised me nonetheless.

Since this is still a recent movie I won't spoil it since there isn't much to the movie in the first place. Still worth watching though if your an action movie buff.

What are your surprising movie moments that threw you for a loop?

---------------------------------------------------------

I'd say if its a 2013 movie put SPOILER before hand.

If its older I'd say its fair game to mention plot twists.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The ending in "The Usual Suspects".
    I love that movie, but seeing it again is never ever as good as the first time through.

"Fight Club" was the same for me too - but I never read the book.
    "To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research." - Steven Wright
    "Megalomaniacal, and harder than the rest!"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xylob
    "Fight Club" was the same for me too - but I never read the book.
    That was a book? Your kidding me?

I've seen the movie in bits and pieces.

I'm trying to remember - is the "initiate" halucinating the other fellow at the end of the movie? It seemed weird. Now granted I wasn't watching the movie all the way through and I was probably flipping channels too so I am sure I missed something.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sixth Sense. It was one of the few times I was actually surprised by an ending. There are a lot of movies that I don't know the ending before it happens, but I'm not surprised by them. The endings usually make sense with the events that led to it, but Willis' portrayal of the doctor "interacting" with his wife and the boy's mother had me convinced they saw him too, and therefore made me believe he was still alive and actually treating the boy. On review, it was clear that the interaction with both women was one-sided, but it didn't seem that way the first time through.
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  5. Blade Runner. Rutger Hauer's final lines:
    'I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
    '
    Just seemed (still seems) profound/prophetic given he was supposedly just a super soldier, a being constructed for a single purpose who, in his creator's audacity, was never thought of having the capacity to appreciate, beauty, love or disillusionment.
    Quote Quote  
  6. When Bambi's daddy got shot. Terrible shock to me when I was a kid.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    When Bambi's daddy got shot. Terrible shock to me when I was a kid.
    Lol. And the girlfriends head in Se7en.
    Made me wonder what I would do in the same situation.
    Quote Quote