VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having trouble using Vegas to render a very large .avi file to a form suitable for YouTube upload and the automatic upload from the program to YouTube appears not to be working. I had to use MS Movie Maker to output the 3GB file as 147MB (NTSC video, I think the option was called) but it was low quality.

Can anyone advise re. what is the optimal target output format/file size for YouTube and, just as important, if there is a little utility I can download that can do the compression? For this specific purpose I do not need to use a DV editing program.

Many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. YouTube itself has lots of advice about what to upload. For example:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

I'd take those bitrate recommendations with a grain of salt, though, and do CRF (qualty-based) encodes instead. As for compressing your DV sources, there are lots of available programs. I use XviD4PSP to make MP4 videos for upload to YouTube.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks, manono.
    Quote Quote