VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    ..from my roxio cd ?

i was cleaning up and seem to have thrown away my cd sleave. can't find it anyware.

email is not an option since lesson learned, (they will send you junk spam email) and need another option.

is there a utility somewhere (like windows xp has) that one can download and run on their cd to obtain the cd key ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no your key was just one of many that would work with that cd, just like multiple cd keys can be extracted from an xp disc.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the cd is my own, the only one i have. since the install software checks what you typed against the cd, there must be a way to obtain it. thats why i was asking. i was reimaging my netbook that had the roxio software suite on it, when i selected the restore by accident. so, i no longer have the software suite and cd key. thats how this topic came to be. ok, so i will have to throw the roxio out because its no good to me now. maybe i'll try the elgato out then, if its on sale. thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    @vhelp:

cd keys are not hard coded into the source with each cd containing a unique key hard coded into that particular copy.

what is done is that the installer is coded with an algorithm that internally generates a key and since the company knows the algorithm they simply create a key generator that creates a bunch of unique keys and includes one with each cd.

you could take the key from a different cd and it should still install the app.

what you may be thinking about is key validation where the installer is coded with the ability to contact a server and check to see if the key has already be used for another install.

of course, if this is a legit copy that you paid for then i don't think anyone would have a problem if you employed a technique to resolve your problem that this sites rules forbid i mention.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i tested that theory out, and used my recent purchase early this year of the roxio usb analog capture card, i forget the model, but it rejected the key i entered. i found pascal (delphi) code somewhere, just gotta find it again or google search it again, and try that, or else try a few other things, thanks for your support.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you can restore your system back to a state when it was installed and running, You can try looking in the registry keys for the serial key.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i overwrote that when i "restored" a previous norton ghost image that did not have roxio installed. i couldn't installed it on this desktop pc due to low space, aprox 150mb vs theire minimum 800mb installation requirement. so instead, i installed it on my netbook. then, when i went to reimage it, not thinking correctly, i selected restore image and walked away because it goes through it sprocess, about 20 minutes. when i came back, well, you know how i felt. anyway. been searching around. so i found a guy giving a youtube video presentation, unboxing ect. not sure if mistake or not but he shows the key on the cd sleave while taking it out too quickly. i can't quite make out the key, maybe someone else can ? and post the higher/highest quality video ? it is located at 1m:40s of his video presentation. thanks.

ps: every time i try to pause the video, it either jumps too far before or after. i just can't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqIAEmI6z4A&list=LLCvbIiKm-tCJ01cZyriwRsQ&index=80
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    were you able to stop the frame? i am not. and firefox download help tool won't d/l the 720p hd file because i have too low hdd space. and the direct download does not have a timecode and trying to get to it a better view is just not possible. his thumb is ontop of the a couple of letters/chars and he moves it around too quickly. i tryied to punch in whatever i can anyway but its not working. i got ey-1bgpqkmjogxp69n, and tried other combinations but still not working. ahh, i give up. i will try later this evening, am very late for work now.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    See PM. I got a decent image but can't upload to you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i was able to piece together all of the key with 100% certainty with the exception of a single letter of which i'm only 95% sure. i also sent you a private message, see if we all got the same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    Can confirm deadrats info from the picture
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i have not checked my PM messages! and will not until later when all is over.

hint: use avisynth script and lsmash or ffmpegsource aka ffms2 to scrub through.

i'll wait a little while, have to shower and make coffee....i won't post the complete number in case it violate any rules, only the problem numbers in group 2. so before i continue and test it, does anyone else want to take a crack at it with super eyes, before i come back in an hr ?

here is my guess: 1RGR5
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    maybe a new resize algorithm may help............
    Last edited by racer-x; 22nd Dec 2013 at 14:47.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    unbelievable!! after all the trouble to finally get the sw suite installed, i am greeted with the minimum 1024x768 resolution message, and can't get the damn thing to run.

nope, racer-x, that wasn't the number.
    Quote Quote