VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys. I recently bought a DVD. And I tried all the softwares. Like Handbrake, Dvdfab, Dvdshrink, Make Mkv, Winx.... Most of em. But none worked! I just want to rip it badly and store it in my tablwt and watch it. Are there any other softwares that I ain't aware of? Pls help me!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    disable autoloading the DVD- load the dvd again and proceed-might work
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Rip with DVDFabDecrypter and convert with Handbrake.
    Done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The original poster is in India. Very likely he has run into an issue where a local DVD has a variation on bad sector copy protection that has not yet been seen in the west and thus the decrypter programs have no solution for. Given that there are almost infinite variations on bad sector copy protection, this should not be a surprise to our long time members. I really don't know what to tell the original poster except to maybe wait and see if later (1 month or more from now) some of the decryption programs are finally able to decrypt the disc. If he gets really desperate he could see about sending a disc to DVDFab and/or AnyDVD so they can check it and write something to decrypt it for their products. I expect this exact problem to occur more and more. India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have a history of taking extraordinary steps to prevent disc copying so my money is on this being exactly what I said earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lalith10 View Post
    Hi guys. I recently bought a DVD. And I tried all the softwares. Like Handbrake, Dvdfab, Dvdshrink, Make Mkv, Winx.... Most of em. But none worked! I just want to rip it badly and store it in my tablwt and watch it. Are there any other softwares that I ain't aware of? Pls help me!!
    If decryption doesn't work because the copy protection used on the disc is unknown to any current ripping software, your only other option to get a portable copy of your DVD is to record the monitor screen while the disc is being played. I have never done that myself, so I don't know what free or paid software works best for it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the latest version of DVDFab (9.1.1.9) and AnyDVD (7.3.8.1), Since DVDFab is based in China and AnyDVD is in St. John's, Antigua and Barbuda you would assume that their decrypter programs would also work for other countries, Like jman98 says wait and see or go to the home pages of fab and anydvd and check the forums or email the developers.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Do we know the disc isn't scratched or otherwise defective? What messages are being given when it doesn't decrypt? The decryption never begins, or it stops at a certain point? Most of the Indian DVDs with which I'm familiar have no encryption at all. But those are of 'classic' films and maybe new ones use the unusual encryptions to which jman98 refers. I'm pretty sure none of the Indian home media companies pay any money to any American companies to use the kinds of encryption found on our DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I actually have a VHS and a DVD player connected to my computer via. Canopus ADVC-100. I play the movie (when nothing else works) and send it to the HD and convert. Less quality and takes a long time, but if there's a will there's a way.

I haven't had to use this brute force method for ages, but it's never failed when needed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I'm pretty sure none of the Indian home media companies pay any money to any American companies to use the kinds of encryption found on our DVDs.
    Remember, I'm just guessing in my post, but I have no problem believing what you say. However, as far as I know there is nothing to stop Indian companies from developing their own variant of this technology. Disney has its own variant they developed in house.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I would look to see if there is a pirated version of the movie. If there is, then you know someone was able to decrypt it. And if that is the case, maybe try another DVD of the same movie.
    Quote Quote