+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    It looks like this:

Quote Quote  
  2. Change your active camera drop down to "active camera" or "camera 1," you're looking at a different view.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks. Zoom is presumably what I want? Increasing the zoom pixels doesn't appear to be making an impact.

Hadn't set Point of Interest or Position, working now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    For the beginning frame, I can set the zoom to 5493532 pixels, but when I change it to 5493533 it disappears completely. It only goes as far as this:

http://s30.postimg.org/snx3iw4ch/Zoomo.png
    Quote Quote  
  5. You want to use the Track Z camera tool to move in for a more natural feel, not the zoom under camera options. Cycle to it using "c" and use the mouse to move in or out.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hmm, I have the Track Z tool up but using the mouse to move in and out isn't working, it's just not doing anything.

It lets me squash and skew with the other tools, but zooming, nope.
    Last edited by PCC; 10th Dec 2013 at 14:26.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Even when this (yellowed) tool is the mouse icon?

Name:  trackz.png
Views: 432
Size:  24.6 KB
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Yep, nothing. Lol what motion is it - clicking or moving the mouse or clicking or dragging or what?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Must have been some weird glitch, cos I closed and opened AE and it's working now!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I can get both keyframes correct, but not at the same time. I'm trying to make it go from just inside the black circle all the way to 0% scale, but for some reason, everything in between the two frames is blank.

Quote Quote  
  11. Make sure you're not pushing the camera through the virtual plane, leaving keyframes with bezier interpolation can cause this to happen unintentionally.
    Last edited by smrpix; 11th Dec 2013 at 09:28.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Eeek, what do you mean?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Here's what I handed in for the deadline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYBi05LnYs

I think I changed the keyframes to continuous bezier, which gives the slow down effect before each new ring comes into view. Want to sort that ideally.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That came out nice. Did I get a credit? "Musical Director"?

I can definitely see that as some kind of lead-in to something larger than life. It begs a snappy quote at the end.

I don't know what Adobe means by "bezier", but it is a curve whose shape defines what occurs between its start/end points.
    Last edited by budwzr; 23rd Dec 2013 at 21:15.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Ha, no sorry, no credit this time!

So... I still don't know what to do with the curves and the interpolation. I'm trying to remove that slow down completely, so it never lingers on one point and is a single continuous zoom out.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Bezier means a curve - there are handles that control the in and out velocities . It might slow down or speed up coming in or out of a keyframe. The rate of change isn't constant . Linear interpolation means a straight line between keyframes. So if the distances between points and keyframes were equidistant, that would give you perfect straight motion without slowing down or speeding up . ie. The time taken between points A=>B=>C=>D=>E...etc... would be identical . You would only need 2 keyframes in that scenario. But if the distance between layers isn't equidistant, the speed will not appear to be the same between layers, because even though the speed is the same, but the distance between layers isn't

In real life, very few things have perfect linear motion. Objects in real life tend to ease into motion, and slow down before coming to a stop . Linear motion tends to looks very mechanical or fake

So did they like your project ? A+ ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Bezier means a curve - there are handles that control the in and out velocities . It might slow down or speed up coming in or out of a keyframe. The rate of change isn't constant . Linear interpolation means a straight line between keyframes. So if the distances between points and keyframes were equidistant, that would give you perfect straight motion without slowing down or speeding up . ie. The time taken between points A=>B=>C=>D=>E...etc... would be identical . You would only need 2 keyframes in that scenario. But if the distance between layers isn't equidistant, the speed will not appear to be the same between layers, because even though the speed is the same, but the distance between layers isn't

In real life, very few things have perfect linear motion. Objects in real life tend to ease into motion, and slow down before coming to a stop . Linear motion tends to looks very mechanical or fake

So did they like your project ? A+ ?
    Not sure yet, I'll let you know when I do.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    What does altering the "Keyframe Velocity" do?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    It seems to have been fixed just by changing all the keyframes to Auto Bezier.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by PCC View Post

It's not a "keyframe velocity" . They are position keyframes . The "empty" points between the keyframes are determined by the keyframe interpolation and shape of the graph

Velocity or average speed is just (change in distance) / (change in time)

It's basic math. For example, lets say the z-axis . If you have a position keyframe for an object at position zero, at time zero ; and another keyframe at position 1000 at time two seconds, and the interpolation between those keyframes is set to linear, the speed would be change in position / change in time

speed = (1000-0) / (2-0) = 500 units/second

It seems to have been fixed just by changing all the keyframes to Auto Bezier.
    Maybe you lucked out

You can read more about keyframes when you have more time ; there are lots of free tutorials and online resources
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    It's not a "keyframe velocity" . They are position keyframes . The "empty" points between the keyframes are determined by the keyframe interpolation and shape of the graph

Velocity or average speed is just (change in distance) / (change in time)

It's basic math. For example, lets say the z-axis . If you have a position keyframe for an object at position zero, at time zero ; and another keyframe at position 1000 at time two seconds, and the interpolation between those keyframes is set to linear, the speed would be change in position / change in time

speed = (1000-0) / (2-0) = 500 units/second
    Keyframe Velocity was an option in AE. I understand what you mean.

Maybe you lucked out

You can read more about keyframes when you have more time ; there are lots of free tutorials and online resources
    Hopefully, I'm rendering it now.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    And here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MPVHgqwveQ

Thanks for all the help everyone, got it exactly as I wanted in the end!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK. Glad I could solve your problem
    Quote Quote