VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    Ha, you tell me. Some vague idea about rural vs urban, man's impact on nature. I'm really struggling with the idea behind it, it's a university project.
    Try something Grundge. Floral?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Ha, you tell me. Some vague idea about rural vs urban, man's impact on nature. I'm really struggling with the idea behind it, it's a university project.
    Try something Grundge. Floral?
    Eh? Are you saying the circles remind you of flowers?

Also just like to mention, you guys have a great habit of editing posts after I've read them!
    Last edited by PCC; 10th Dec 2013 at 06:43.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is there a reason for the specific order of the shots ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Kind of. Basically I completely rushed this and was more focused on getting a nice range of shots than it having some philosophical meaning! But I do need one.

The order is it going from a completely natural environment to a completely urban one. So the first 3 are meant to be natural, the second 3 urban. I'm probably just gonna have diegetic audio where it starts off all calm with birds tweeting etc. then ends on really loud traffic, kind of overwhelming noise.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    Kind of. Basically I completely rushed this and was more focused on getting a nice range of shots than it having some philosophical meaning! But I do need one.

The order is it going from a completely natural environment to a completely urban one. So the first 3 are meant to be natural, the second 3 urban. I'm probably just gonna have diegetic audio where it starts off all calm with birds tweeting etc. then ends on really loud traffic, kind of overwhelming noise.

I was thinking of that but the clip with the orange/red rocks and water is "natural" isn't it ? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong order ? The order I'm referring to was in your 1st clip "three sixty"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post

I was thinking of that but the clip with the orange/red rocks and water is "natural" isn't it ? Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong order ? The order I'm referring to was in your 1st clip "three sixty"
    Yeah, in that video it alternates between natural and urban. But there's more than 6 clips in that video. I've changed the order since then.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I have it like this now: http://s27.postimg.org/3ov44yldv/graph.png

Looks fine to me and makes sense, but scrubbing through, there's a point about halfway through where the the beach and the country/river shot are suddenly rotated.

The beach flips horizontally, the country horizontally and vertically! But then scrubbing backwards they stay the same. Is that just a weird glitch?

It seems to be completely wacko, I'm scrubbing around that midway point and it's going from scale 621% what it should be to the minuses. But lol, I think I see why, somehow HA I was distracted for a bit and I pulled the keyframe so far down that it went into the complete opposite of what I wanted for that keyframe, in the minuses! So it's all flipped at that one point. Ha.

Ha, not just that one point, all of the ones from that point onwards. It's getting late!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    don't know what you're trying to show there, my microscope is broken!

Looks fine to me and makes sense, but scrubbing through, there's a point about halfway through where the the beach and the country/river shot are suddenly rotated.

The beach flips horizontally, the country horizontally and vertically! But then scrubbing backwards they stay the same. Is that just a weird glitch?

It seems to be completely wacko, I'm scrubbing around that midway point and it's going from scale 621% what it should be to the minuses. But lol, I think I see why, somehow HA I was distracted for a bit and I pulled the keyframe so far down that it went into the complete opposite of what I wanted for that keyframe, in the minuses! So it's all flipped at that one point. Ha.

Ha, not just that one point, all of the ones from that point onwards. It's getting late!
    Did you get it sorted out ? You shouldn't have that many points to "fix". Usually, the more keyframes, the more problems. You want to use as few as possible

And that has GOT to be some sort of record ... 500,000% scale ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Ha yeah, well I'm rendering it now. Haven't been able to preview it though so it's a stab in the dark. I used 8 keyframes, 1 at the start, 1 at the end and then 1 for each point just before the next ring is about to creep into view.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whew! Ya-all boys are workin' hard. Did you listen to the audio clip I put? In Post 38.
    Last edited by budwzr; 8th Dec 2013 at 20:33.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I have now. I quite like it, but not sure I'll be able to fit it into this. If I had more time I could have gone a bit crazier with the music and have it reacting to that or w/e, but as it stands, it will be a straight zoom out to the sounds of each scene.
    Last edited by PCC; 10th Dec 2013 at 06:43.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, well after a four and half hour render, it's turned out pretty good!

But I didn't do time remapping, I just faded in a copy of the same layer when if it was too short. And a couple times I just did a straight cut. So there's a few points where people/cars suddenly pop into view.

And the red car in the country scene is pretty small when it happens lol. I'll upload it in a sec.
    Last edited by PCC; 10th Dec 2013 at 06:42.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Actually I really like that music bud. I just had it on repeat while I watched it through, epic. But doesn't kind of suit the natural environments at the start, so f you could do a 3 minute version... by tomorrow! I will try to fade it in maybe and have it get louder when the urban stuff begins.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    In fact, I'll just do a capture of it, smaller file size.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith, the A-Team

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zNSFvENRA

It's a bit juddery because it won't play smoothly in Premiere. It's got the yellow bar instead of green, is there any way to change that?

There's some anomalies too, like when the town shot with the bench comes into view... basically there's two town layers so it can repeat, and it's layered up wrong, so between layer 1 and 2 is a couple of layers, and one of those layers is the roundabout (or traffic circle) shot. The roundabout shot is scaled a tiny bit larger than the hole in the town shot, so when it switches between layer 1 and 2, the town is suddenly over the top of the roundabout and....

Basically the ring outline suddenly gets a bit smaller.

Is there any way I can reduce the grain in the close ups? I thought maybe have a still on those parts until it starts to be far enough out and fade between the two? But freeze framing a grainy shot will look bad, so can I denoise the stills? Only on the two/three shots with grass where it sticks out.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Basically I have a lot of tweaks to do and it's kind of hard to see what all of them are when it's so juddery in Pr.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What resolution did you render it out in AE? Are your sequence settings in Premiere the same as the source video? You can try adjusting the playback resolution in Premiere.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    It's 1080p 24fps in both. I'll try playback res. Yeah, that helps a lot, obvious but thanks. Might be trickier with the fine details but I'll see.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like it more reversed. So you're going in, instead of coming out. But you're the artist, I digress.

I'm chopping that whole song into loops.
    Last edited by budwzr; 9th Dec 2013 at 09:43.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Oh thanks. I don't know if it's possible, but the intervals in my video are 22 seconds each so if it could work like a loop every 22 seconds or something, that'd be great.

I had it zooming in first but I thought it was better going out cos then you don't know what to expect.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Here's a smoother look at what I described in #76: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1xZVT7-6M4

I really like how the car at 1:40 is followed straight away by the cars on the roundabout.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That song is from a BandCamp artist. I bought it for a dollah. I would have to try to make something similar if you're going commercial. But for student work they prolly don't mind. I doubt anyone may recognize it.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by PCC View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zNSFvENRA

It's a bit juddery because it won't play smoothly in Premiere. It's got the yellow bar instead of green, is there any way to change that?
    Did you render something out of AE, and are previewing in Premiere ?

If so, what format, specs, did you render out ?

There's some anomalies too, like when the town shot with the bench comes into view... basically there's two town layers so it can repeat, and it's layered up wrong, so between layer 1 and 2 is a couple of layers, and one of those layers is the roundabout (or traffic circle) shot. The roundabout shot is scaled a tiny bit larger than the hole in the town shot, so when it switches between layer 1 and 2, the town is suddenly over the top of the roundabout and....

Basically the ring outline suddenly gets a bit smaller.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here...

Is there any way I can reduce the grain in the close ups? I thought maybe have a still on those parts until it starts to be far enough out and fade between the two? But freeze framing a grainy shot will look bad, so can I denoise the stills? Only on the two/three shots with grass where it sticks out.
    Yes you could do it that way . In fact, you could replace the forest scene with a still since there is no movement

Temporal Noise only looks bad where there are differences between frames. For typical observers, it's a lot worse than spatial noise . A static shot even with noise doesn't look as bad. But you could use a spatial denoiser as well

To replace areas, you would just mask out a section of a replacement still frame, put it on top of the area to be replaced, and parent that to the original layer
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Re:bud - Oh ok, link? I'll use it for now and maybe replace it in the future if I can be bothered!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    It's rendered at 1080p 24fps as a mov and it's the same settings in my Premiere project.

The anomaly stuff is fine, I've fixed that now.

I might try the grain things later on, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  27. What kind of "mov" ? Use mediainfo view=>text

If the compression or data rate is too "heavy" you can use a better previewing codec like cineform
    Quote Quote  
  28. Why are you posting jerky-motion screencaps when you could simply render a proper small version and post it?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    It seems to take ages no matter the size. It took 4.5 hours for a 1.5GB file.

And the jerky motion in the screencaps is from the video playing back in Premiere/QuickTime, it plays back jerky anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What kind of "mov" ? Use mediainfo view=>text

If the compression or data rate is too "heavy" you can use a better previewing codec like cineform
    General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Peter\Videos\NinthdecCircles.mov
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : QuickTime
    Codec ID : qt
    File size : 1.50 GiB
    Duration : 3mn 0s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 71.8 Mbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2013-12-09 00:13:45
    Tagged date : UTC 2013-12-09 10:35:25
    Writing library : Apple QuickTime