VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I dont use DVD/CD anymore and just rip everything to my PC and stream it via Windows Media Player to my PS3/TV

I use folder/file naming to organise/view all my media but WMP uses ID tags where present and/or file naming if not

Anyway to either stop WMP using ID tags, or any program that could batch strip out video ID tags
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sorted it - For anyone with same issue - I used Windows to remove the ID Tags

Open window containing media files > Search * to reveal all files (save you opening folders one at a time)
    Folder View>Details
    Right-Click on column/details bar > More >

Add 'title' column (this will display titles (tags) > OK

Sort the window by Title will group all video that have titles/tags together
    Select all files/video with titles
    Right-Click>Properties>Details>

Choose 'Remove Properties & Personal Details' > OK

Choose "Remove following properties from this file"
    Tick "Title" (multiple values) - Careful not to tick/remove other important tags
    OK

Takes a couple minutes depending how many files

Sorted

Now WMP displays all my media by filename
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Superb answer!...instead of just saying solved.

Maybe you could use another streaming server also like plex, ps3 media server.
    Quote Quote  
  4. MP4 is listed as a supported file type on Mp3Tag's website. I use it for MP3, FLAC and M4A regularly myself. It had no problem opening an MP4 when I tested it. Once you get to know it (setting it up to your liking may require a little more of a learning curve given it's fairly configurable), using it's probably going to be easier than the method above. At least if you're going to be modifying tags regularly. Mp3Tag can do things like cleaning specified fields from tags (it has a "Convert/Actions" menu where you can create presets), it'll copy and paste tags, rename files based on their tags and modify tags based on file name. You an add anything from a single file to multiple folders at a time.

I do it the other way around myself. Rather than remove certain fields from tags so the files aren't ordered in a silly manner (ie Title), I make sure they all have the required field instead. Mp3Tag makes it fairly easy to do.

Anyway, a picture probably tells more of a story. By default it'll probably look a little different as I have the field columns ordered to my liking etc. This is Mp3Tag displaying the contents of a folder. They're MP3s but it'd look pretty much the same if they were MP4s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.gif
Views:	216
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	21779
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Superb answer!...instead of just saying solved.

Maybe you could use another streaming server also like plex, ps3 media server.
    Ill have a look at those thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    MP4 is listed as a supported file type on Mp3Tag's website. I use it for MP3, FLAC and M4A regularly myself. It had no problem opening an MP4 when I tested it....
    Ill check mp3 tag thanks - Although as well as mp4 I used windows to edit avi too
    Quote Quote