VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Platform: Windows 7

I recently migrated from VLC to PotPlayer because of long-unresolved video-stuttering issues with VLC.

I love PotPlayer so far, but there's one thing I miss greatly from VLC: very robust command-line options!

In "Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer" is the file CmdLine.txt. It includes this option:
    /add (Add to playlist)

I created a new PotPlayer shortcut with the /add option, but it didn't work. (What I want it to do is add, to the playlist, files I drag/drop onto the shortcut, WITHOUT beginning playing.) With /add added to the command line, PotPlayer successfully did not start playing, but it didn't load the files into the playlist.

As a test to see if any command-line options work, I tried /filedlg. It worked fine.

Has anyone successfully used /add ? Any suggestions?

TIA!
    Quote Quote  
  2. ahahlive@hanmail.net

Let the dev know the issue you have.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've just found a solution. Just add %1 parameter.

ex) "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini.exe" /add %1
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    I've just found a solution. Just add %1 parameter.

Yes, you must tell it what to add. %1 is the name of the (first) file you dragged onto the icon.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    I've just found a solution. Just add %1 parameter.

I had already tried "<full_path>PotPlayerMini.exe" %1 /add, and I tried your syntax as well. Neither worked for me.

Perhaps it's because I'm using the 64-bit version of PotPlayer (v1.5.40688).

Thanks for your suggestion.

BTW, I did email ahahlive@hanmail.net about this 5 days ago; no reply.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Simply do not use 64bit version. There are no actual benefits to use 32bit version.

It works without any problem in 32 bit version.
    Quote Quote