VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, I have a strange problem. Was trying to put films from my Canon HFR16 to a DVD, creating menus using MultiAVCHD. Eventually it worked, I also played with AVCHDCoder.

Tested it with noname DVD+RW, LG BD650 player see it as AVCHD and it worked fine.
    Burned it to a Lightscribe TDK DVD+R. Doesn't work, player LG BD650 ejects it moments after stating it is an AVCHD disk.
    Burn it to JVC DVD+R setting booktype to DVD+RW. Works great.
    Burned it to Lightscribe TDK DVD+R setting booktype to DVD+RW. Failure again.
    Burned it to Verbatim DVD-R, no booktype setting, works great.

All burns test fine in CD-Speed, I've used the lightscribe disks without any problems before (burning regular DVD films)- the children like disks with pictures and can't use the originals obviously.

While I agree that Verbatim, and especially JVC, are better quality than TDK, in this case I can't believe it's the burn quality. If anything, my well-used noname DVD+RW would be the weak link in this case.

Is there any way my DVD/BD-player could see the lightscribe disk in a different way than a "normal" DVD and refuse it for whatever reason?

I'm reluctant to import a bunch of lightscribe disks if they continue to fail for family films using AVCHD. I'm moving away from DVDs anyway, these disks are for family and relatives - I burn my AVCHD on BD-R for myself. (Lightscribe disks are rare in my country, and expensive).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the real manufacturer of the lightscribe disc is most likely cmc. they aren't good. stick with decent verbatim or taiyo yuden. if you are going to bitset dvd+r it should be to dvd-rom not dvd+rw.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote