VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I made a script like this:

DirectShowSource("file.flv")

I created a text file with .avs extension. Then start VirtualDub and use File/Open video file... to open this script. But then virtualdub complained with a avisynth error. When I click ok, virtualdub remain with a blank window, and I do not see my "file.flv" loaded, please help- see screen shot
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    1) please post a Mediainfo report about the FLV file ;

2) according to the error message, you'll have to either use Crop() or do a colorspace conversion ;

3) unless your Avisynth intermediation includes additional processing, you'd better use the FLV input plugin instead ;

4) Windows 8 ????? Good-luck with that
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1- its AVC video -

2- Im not sure how to do either considering the file has not loaded yet in virtualdub, is there an example on youtube ?

3- do you know the download link for the FLV plugin ? there are so many, I may download the wrong one.

4- Yes
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, it's interesting that the H264 decoder outputs YUY2 instead of YV12 or NV12

Anyway, you can try the following:

AddBorders(1,0,1,0)
    or
    AddBorders(1,0,1,0).Crop(2,0,-2,-0)

http://gral.y0.pl/~fcchandler/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try using DirectShowSource("file.flv", pixel_type="YV12").
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    virtualdub complains that the "video does not have a video stream when I change - DirectShowSource("file.flv") -to- DirectShowSource("file.flv", pixel_type="YV12")"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Hmmm, it's interesting that the H264 decoder outputs YUY2 instead of YV12 or NV12

AddBorders(1,0,1,0)
    or

does AddBorders(1,0,1,0) go inside the script ? if its a filter inside video it will not accept because the video needs to be loaded first.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Open the FLV in Graphstudio, and tell us what is the H264 decoder that DirectShow is using.

And please, take the time to read Avisynth's documentation --- that's what I did, 6 years ago.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post

AddBorders(1,0,1,0)
    or

Ok, i installed the Flv plugin, now virtualdub also is asking for the AVC1 codec, where can I download that ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. ffdshow has many VFW codecs including AVC1 (h.264). I think x264vfw includes a VFW h.264 decoder now too.

You can't add an odd number of pixels to the left or right edges of a YUY2 video.
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can't add an odd number of pixels to the left or right edges of a YUY2 video.
    My bad , jagabo is right.
    Quote Quote