VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

Re: DVD Menu Making Software

I have come across a few free make's of this software, is there a make that any videohelp member as used to good effect?

Also, do the video files have to be dvd/vob?

Just out of interest. Could i add a menu to dvix files or any other video format? using DVD Menu Making Software?

Thanks
    Last edited by Teac23; 27th Nov 2013 at 08:39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Menu Making Software?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Menu Making Software?
    Authoring tool?

Software like, DVDStyler, Sothink Movie DVD Maker
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GUIforDVDauthor has the most options among the free DVD authoring solutions I have tried, but the user must supply jpg or bmp menu backgrounds/buttons and gifs for custom highlights. Plus, any video and audio to be used for menu creation and titles has to be DVD compliant. It doesn't convert video and audio.

AVStoDVD and DVDStyler convert video and audio but provide fewer options for menu creation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Some authoring programs (such as TMPG Authoring Works or DVD-Lab Pro) have menu templates you can use, and the result usually looks like you used a menu template. But maybe that'll be enough for you. The best menus are the ones you create yourself, either static ones from pictures or motion menus combining video with text. That way you feed your pic or video menu backgrounds into the authoring program and it'll then create the buttons and menu commands for you.

Also, do the video files have to be dvd/vob?
    For a pure authoring program they have to be DVD compliant already. Some combine reencoding/conversion with authoring.
    Could i add a menu to dvix files or any other video format?
    Yeah, but then you'll need a player that supports DivX or XviD AVIs with menus and there are almost no such players.
    using DVD Menu Making Software?
    No.
    Quote Quote