VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a couple of Himedia Networked Digital Media Players, both of which connect via HDMI to my Hisense TVs. However, when I try to connect them to my dad's 2007 Panasonic Viera TV I just get a blank screen. I can connect them with AV cables, but that obviously isn't ideal and I'd prefer an HDMI connection. Even more strange is that when I tried connecting with component RGB cable I get the same blank screen. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried changing the order in which the two devices are turned on? That sometimes makes a difference.
    Sort of obvious, but I assume you set both devices for HDMI output and input. My TV has a couple of HDMI inputs.

Other members may also have some ideas specific to your devices.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the welcome redwudz
    Yes, I've tried every conceivable configuration of start up with both models of media player (an HD300 and an HD600).
    The TV has 2 HDMI inputs both selectable plus the AV and RGB component inputs.
    When I connect either media player via all available outputs to my Hisense TV I can see the OSD of each simply by selecting the appropriate input on the TV. On the Hisense TV its simple plug and play, that's why I can't understand why the Panasonic Viera is giving me grief. Especially with the RGB. I managed to connect a Philips DVD player via HDMI to the Viera TV no problem
    Quote Quote