+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Oldretiredguy View Post
    Originally Posted by Caiosouza View Post
    I must jump in here and give each of you a pat on the proverbial back. How in the world do you ever learn this stuff? The different terminology and the idea of knowing what everything means. Where do I start? What is my first step toward learning what you all already know? Give me some direction to go in. Thanks for letting me follow along even though I don't have a clue what most of it means.

Ray
    I can help you with what little I have learned, the first step,is know what you want to do, what result you want

Thanks for your kind offer. I have another thread going right now regarding a vhs tape that is very valuable to me that I tried to save to dvd a few years back and it didn't work out very well. I have the original so now I want to try to learn a bit of the video trade. I don't have any fancy equipment just my trusty laptop and a burning desire to learn what to do. You might try jumping to this thread and see where I am at. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/360511-Vhs-DVD-clarity-question.

Ray
    I'll read calmly around your topic, and see how i can help you, but you have to take time and patience ok
    And I do not speak english very well
    Tomorrow I go there and I'll follow you,and help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Oldretiredguy View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't know if I'd call this "better" but it's "different". All I did was:

Mpeg2Source("1992 MX 250 Sample.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3)
    Trim(2,0)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    McTemporalDenoise(settings="low")
    Spline64Resize(width*2, height)
    Wow Jagabo, this is a great improvement over the origina
    I've been watching your other thread but haven't added anything because Sanlyn has pretty much covered it. I played around with your source but didn't get anything better than Sanlyn -- who's better at it and willing to spend a lot more time than I.

I'd love to have your knowledge to try to make mine better.
    I've been dealing with computer graphics and video off-and-on for the last 30 years. Mostly from a programming perspective.

Just for the sake of question, how long would it take to do what you did to a 2 hour video?
    The above script will probably take about 8 hours on a fast i7. But you would want to tailor the script for your particular video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How in the world do you ever learn this stuff? The different terminology and the idea of knowing what everything means. Where do I start? What is my first step toward learning what you all already know? Give me some direction to go in.
    We learn mostly by following projects like these and studying what was done. Another place to start is at the links to guides I posted in your other thread, here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/360511-Vhs-DVD-clarity-question?p=2284892&viewfull=1#post2284892

I'd love to have your knowledge to try to make mine better.
    One can do only so much with a poor capture from tape. Even with old or damaged VHS, the first place to start is with a better tape player than the one you used for your sample. There can be little or no improvement without better capture methods and a workable video to start with.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote