VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    The QTGMC ".avsi" is the plugin. You will find Avisynth uses 3 basic types of plugins: .dll's, .avs, and avsi. Usually youi find that the avs and avsi filters are those that use one or more support dll's, and some avsi scrip[ts even use other avs and avsi's (!). It has to do with the way the filters is programmed and compiled, among other technical issues. When running an Avisynth script that you have written, all you have to remember about filters and plugins that are in your Avisynth plugins folder:

dll loads automatically.
    avsi loads automatically.
    avs must be imported with the Import() command, as in: Import("Drive:\path\to\plugins\plugin.avs"). You can also copy the text of an avs function and paste it into the end of your avs script.

You might not have noticed at first, but QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise are both "avsi" filters.

The audio is generally processed separately to save file space. You can demux the AC3 audio from your original mpg and join it in your NLE, encoder, or authoring program. I usually extract audio from MPEG's using VirtualDub's "Save wav..." command, and save the audio as uncompresssed PCM (.wav) -- or I will use one of the TMPGenc video editors. Tell us which software you will be using with your brand new AVI, someone who knows that software can advise how to rejoin the audio. There are many ways of doing it.
    I understand now how to deal with the audio, the end result of the video was very good, and is similar mkv jagabo.
    However has 2 problems:

1 - The sample of 1min see size (14 MB) was resulted 322MB avi virtualdub , was against 36MB mkv sample jagabo User.
    My video source has 1.8 GB,how will I deal with it?

2-I realize the lines interlacing the video, and not the MKV jagabo.

After that, what is the software he used to do that?

I'm halfway there yet ... but

A special thank you to sanlyn, and jagabo, for giving formula.

And all the others too...

I am really impressed, because after extensive research on the possibility of improving a video, only to find answers:
    "... Impossible ..."
    "... any reencode result in loss of quality"
    "... it does not exist!"
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Caiosouza View Post
    I understand now how to deal with the audio
    DgIndex should have demuxed the audio when you saved the project.

Originally Posted by Caiosouza View Post
    1 - The sample of 1min see size (14 MB) was resulted 322MB avi virtualdub , was against 36MB mkv sample jagabo User.
    My video source has 1.8 GB,how will I deal with it?
    Select and configure a video compression codec before saving in VirtualDub. But if you're making a DVD you don't want to use VirtualDub to encode -- use it just to verify your script is working properly.

2-I realize the lines interlacing the video, and not the MKV jagabo.
    If you are making a DVD you must encode with MPEG 2 with DVD compatible settings. My MKV was a 50 fps progressive video -- not DVD compatible. You can either have 25 fps progressive (add SelectEven() to my original script) or 25 fps interlaced. The latter gives smoother motion, though generally not as sharp a picture at playback.

I don't often make DVDs anymore but when I need MPEG 2 encoding I use HcEnc via HCGUI.
    Last edited by jagabo; 23rd Nov 2013 at 21:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Select and configure a video compression codec before saving in VirtualDub.
    Which parameter should I use, Please???

If you are making a DVD you must encode with MPEG 2 with DVD compatible settings. My MKV was a 50 fps progressive video -- not DVD compatible. You can either have 25 fps progressive (add SelectEven() to my original script) or 25 fps interlaced. The latter gives smoother motion, though generally not as sharp a picture at playback.
    You recommends do in the virtualdub, avi interlaced?
    NO (SelectEven add ()

I don't often make DVDs anymore but when I need MPEG 2 encoding I use HcEnc via HCGUI.
    I took his example and converted MKV to DVD (ifo, vob) in Ultra Video Splitter and was really very good.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Caiosouza View Post
    Select and configure a video compression codec before saving in VirtualDub.
    Which parameter should I use, Please???
    Video -> Compression. Pick a suitable codec and press the Configure button. What's suitable depends on what you plan to do with the video. If you're just looking to make an AVI to watch try Xvid (download and install it if necessary). If you're making an intermediate file for further processing it's best to use a lossless codec like UT Video Codec, Lagarith, or HuffYUV. Those don't give you much compression but they can give you lossless encoding -- no loss of quality in your intermediate file.

You recommends do in the virtualdub, avi interlaced?
    NO (SelectEven add ()
    Again, if you're just making an AVI file to watch leave the video progressive at 50 fps. If you have a player that can't handle 50p use SelectEven() to bring it down to 25p.

I took his example and converted MKV to DVD (ifo, vob) in Ultra Video Splitter and was really very good.
    You don't want to reduce quality by encoding to a lossy intermediate then encoding again to MPEG 2 for DVD. Go straight from the AviSynth script to an MPEG 2 encoder. Encode with DVD compatible settings so the video is ready to be muxed into an VOB file (along with the AC3 audio) and written to DVD.

Every time you encode with a lossy codec (mpeg2, xvid, h.264, mjpeg, DV, etc.) you get a loss of quality. You want to avoid lossy compression until the final delivery format.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So according to the guidelines, I have the following steps:

Step 1:

Extract audio from MPEG's using VirtualDub's "Save wav..."

Step 2:

In Virtual dub -> Open -> video file-> select-> .avs script

MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Desktop\SAMPLE for TESTS\1992 MX 250 Sample.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3)
    Trim(2,0)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    McTemporalDenoise(settings="low")
    Spline64Resize(width*2, height)
    AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).We ave()

Step 3:

Set compression to: best to use a lossless codec like UT Video Codec, Lagarith, or HuffYUV, every time you encode with a lossy codec (mpeg2, xvid, h.264, mjpeg, DV, etc.) you get a loss of quality. You want to avoid lossy compression until the final delivery format.

OK:

My intent and improve the video to burn to DVD

So now I have a huge file of about 40GB( My source has 1.8GB) and an audio file, it is ready to convert to DVD?

Questions:

1- Which software use to burn to folder (VIDEO_TS, ifo, vob) and dealing with separate audio?

Has some DVD maker that give you make DVD interlaced Top Field First (Ultra Video Splitter,Cyberlink Powerdirector) , And others Bottom Field First (Premiere Elements) and other Progressive result (ConvertX to DVD 4)

2-Why do I have to work separating the audio? I can not work with the video and audio together without separating?

3-When I apply the script, save as AVI in VirtualDub, and convert the sample to DVD: The video gets confusing tracks interlace, the MKV sample of jagabo Converted to DVD (VIDEO_TS, ifo, vob) is much better ando no confused.

4 -When I add the line: add SelectEven() on the script in virtual dub, the result seems a slow video.

"... You can either have 25 fps progressive (add SelectEven() to my original script) or 25 fps interlaced. The latter gives smoother motion, though generally not as sharp a picture at playback..."

5-What best program to encode the script? HC Encoder give me a video that does not know the format...

6-Why do I need this file to 40GB, if it will be punched in a 4GB dvd?

7-The MKV 36MB always looks better than the 322MB Avi virtualdub, even after the converted MKV to DVD it always looks better, there is nothing that justify 1 min AVI video to uncompressed 322MB . What you can see better?
    With Ultra Video Splitter I can get the converted MKV to DVD folder (VIDEO_TS, ifo, vob) very good.

8-So what I'm doing wrong?

9-I'm going crazy

10-THANK YOU !!!!!
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 24th Nov 2013 at 12:00.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    A decoded AVI with lossless Lagarith or huffyuv compression that plays for 2.5 hours at 704x576 would be about 40GB. So the size of your filtered and restored AVI is within the correct size range. If you add decompressed audio (which you can do in several ways) and make an AVI copy of that file, the resulting AVI would be slightly larger.

The reason AC3 and similar compressed audio is processed separately from video is because AC3 is lossy compression. Recompressing thru processing lowers the quality of AC3 audio. After a few re=-processing steps, AC3 audio can sound rather horrible.

jagaboi's mkv is not DVD compatible. It was encoded as progressive video using h264 lossy compression. Recompressing that to MPEG2 for DVD is yet another lossy compression step. So for encoding, you want to use your restored lossless AVI.

Before you continue, understand that the restored mkv video uses 3X the original bitrate and is a larger frame than the original. Higher bitrate + larger frame + double the number of frames = a larger encoded file. You can interlace that AVI for a compliant DVD or even a compliant h264 AVCHD standard definition video; re-interlace will reduce the file size, but it will not reduce it to half the progressive size because of the way video is encoded and compressed. Still, a re-interlaced output will be a smaller file.

Your MediaInfo data reports that the entire video is 2.5 hours. You cannot burn 2.5 hours of good quality video at a decent bitrate onto a single DVD disc. The file will be too large. You can get the entire video onto standard DVD using either of two methods; (a) reduce the bitrate to around 3800 kbps VBR. This will considerably reduce the quality of the video, putting you very nearly back where you started. (b) Encode MPEG2 at a higher bitrate of 6000 VBR or more to preserve quality of motion and detail, then split the video in two and author and burn to dual-layer DVD. Another trick you can play is to keep a quality bitrate but reduce the number of frames using SelectEven() -- which has the disadvantage of having slightly less smooth motion during PAL playback. Half of the number of frames will not translate into an encoded MPEG2 that is as small as one-half the size, but it will nevertheless be considerably smaller.

Personally I would prefer interlaced DVD at a high-quality bitrate on dual-layer DVD. You can use other codecs that would be playable on many set top DVD players -- but the fact remains that a low bitrate will undo much of your restoral effort.

I'll try to work some encoded demos using your mpg sample. Will post in a short while and explain what I did, unless someone else beats me to it.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A decoded AVI with lossless Lagarith or huffyuv compression that plays for 2.5 hours at 704x576 would be about 40GB. So the size of your filtered and restored AVI is within the correct size range. If you add decompressed audio (which you can do in several ways) and make an AVI copy of that file, the resulting AVI would be slightly larger.

The reason AC3 and similar compressed audio is processed separately from video is because AC3 is lossy compression. Recompressing thru processing lowers the quality of AC3 audio. After a few re=-processing steps, AC3 audio can sound rather horrible.

jagaboi's mkv is not DVD compatible. It was encoded as progressive video using h264 lossy compression. Recompressing that to MPEG2 for DVD is yet another lossy compression step. So for encoding, you want to use your restored lossless AVI.

Before you continue, understand that the restored mkv video uses 3X the original bitrate and is a larger frame than the original. Higher bitrate + larger frame + double the number of frames = a larger encoded file. You can interlace that AVI for a compliant DVD or even a compliant h264 AVCHD standard definition video; re-interlace will reduce the file size, but it will not reduce it to half the progressive size because of the way video is encoded and compressed. Still, a re-interlaced output will be a smaller file.

Your MediaInfo data reports that the entire video is 2.5 hours. You cannot burn 2.5 hours of good quality video at a decent bitrate onto a single DVD disc. The file will be too large. You can get the entire video onto standard DVD using either of two methods; (a) reduce the bitrate to around 3800 kbps VBR. This will considerably reduce the quality of the video, putting you very nearly back where you started. (b) Encode MPEG2 at a higher bitrate of 6000 VBR or more to preserve quality of motion and detail, then split the video in two and author and burn to dual-layer DVD. Another trick you can play is to keep a quality bitrate but reduce the number of frames using SelectEven() -- which has the disadvantage of having slightly less smooth motion during PAL playback. Half of the number of frames will not translate into an encoded MPEG2 that is as small as one-half the size, but it will nevertheless be considerably smaller.

Personally I would prefer interlaced DVD at a high-quality bitrate on dual-layer DVD. You can use other codecs that would be playable on many set top DVD players -- but the fact remains that a low bitrate will undo much of your restoral effort.

I'll try to work some encoded demos using your mpg sample. Will post in a short while and explain what I did, unless someone else beats me to it.
    I appreciate your patience with me. Without his guidance I would never have gotten anywhere,

All that work and not only for a video, I have a lot of material here, in the same format and bad quality, and this process will save my library

I now understand more clearly, and I agree with all your points vista.Mas tell me a step by step with extamente you do to improved Archive ready to burn on a DVD9 or .... or DVD 5 second chance.
    And the software they had used in the process, by the end
    And adding the extracted audio in Virtualdub, this time to burn on DVD

There are so many possibilities... I need a straight path to reach the burned DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sanlyn,which line of script sets to 704x576? I encoded in HCgui_025 (Make DVD compliant) and got this:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 24th Nov 2013 at 15:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sanlyn, I made the Video Resulted on VirtualDub AVI 314MB Low compression, and jagabo MKV 36MB Sample to DVD, using Ultra Video Splitter

To You analyze:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the sample from HCgui. The bitrate of ~4000 shows poor motion tracking and a lot of visible "fuzz" and rough edges -- indicating that the bitrate is too low to accurately manage the action. I used my own copies of TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and HCenc alike, each with a bitrate of 6500 VBR (8000 max) and "slow" 2-pass motion tracking. (As for the encoding alone, I could see no difference in quality between TMPGenc and HCenc, which is not unusual). The .wav audio file was joined with TMPGEnc Smart Renderer v4. There is a big difference between the two bitrates of 4000 and 6500. The attached MPG sample is 25FPS progressive using "SelectEven()" in the script. I also elected to crop noise from the borders and center the image:

Code:
    MPEG2Source("Drive:\path\to\project\1992 MX 250 Sample.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3)
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SelectEven()
    Crop(2,10,-6,-16).AddBorders(4,12,4,14)
    There are two ways to extract the audio file from the original, to be joined later in authoring or even with an NLE: (a) open the original mpeg in VirtualDub and save audio-only as uncompressed .wav PCM. (b) Use DGindex, and when creating the d2v project file use "Save project and demux video", which will result in a d2v, an m2v, and an AC3 file.

If you use the.wav file to join later, .wav will have to be re-encoded to a slightly higher 256kb sampling rate for a little better audio quality. The AC3 can simply be joined directly. In this case I used the .wav and resampled to a higher 256k precision.

An MPEG2 bitrate of 6500 VBR will allow about 80 minutes of video on a DVD, or twice that length on dual-layer. I think you can easily see the cleaner quality of the higher bitrate over a rate of ~4000. I also made an interlaced version; you would have to watch both versions many times to see a difference on a PC monitor with a deinterlacing player like MPC-BE.

If you want an all-in-one app that is often recommended for lossless AVi input for encoding with HCenc and joining AC3 video, AVS2DVD seems popular. All my own software is separate editors, encoders, and authors. I find the all-in-one freebies to be too limiting.

I would have done far more work in this video, particularly cleaning the bad chroma smear and bleeding, oversaturation, and "shimmer". But that would certainly take more time and more filters...
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:59.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the sample from HCgui. The bitrate of ~4000 shows poor motion tracking and a lot of visible "fuzz" and rough edges -- indicating that the bitrate is too low to accurately manage the action. I used my own copies of TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and HCenc alike, each with a bitrate of 6500 VBR (8000 max) and "slow" 2-pass motion tracking. (As for the encoding alone, I could see no difference in quality between TMPGenc and HCenc, which is not unusual). The .wav audio file was joined with TMPGEnc Smart Renderer v4. There is a big difference between the two bitrates of 4000 and 6500. The attached MPG sample is 25FPS progressive using "SelectEven()" in the script. I also elected to crop noise from the borders and center the image:

Code:
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SelectEven()
    There are two ways to extract the audio file from the original, to be joined later in authoring or even with an NLE: (a) open the original mpeg in VirtualDub and save audio-only as uncompressed .wav PCM. (b) Use DGindex, and when creating the d2v project file use "Save project and demux video", which will result in a d2v, an m2v, and an AC3 file.

If you use the.wav file to join later, .wav will have to be re-encoded to a slightly higher 256kb sampling rate for a little better audio quality. The AC3 can simply be joined directly. In this case I used the .wav and resampled to a higher 256k precision.

An MPEG2 bitrate of 6500 VBR will allow about 80 minutes of video on a DVD, or twice that length on dual-layer. I think you can easily see the cleaner quality of the higher bitrate over a rate of ~4000. I also made an interlaced version; you would have to watch both versions many times to see a difference on a PC monitor with a deinterlacing player like MPC-BE.

If you want an all-in-one app that is often recommended for lossless AVi input for encoding with HCenc and joining AC3 video, AVS2DVD seems popular. All my own software is separate editors, encoders, and authors. I find the all-in-one freebies to be too limiting.

I would have done far more work in this video, particularly cleaning the bad chroma smear and bleeding, oversaturation, and "shimmer". But that would certainly take more time and more filters...
    Wonderful !!!!!!!! Simply amazing!

This line and for what? : SelectEven() and this: Spline64Resize(width*2, height)

You put away the Trim (2,0) line? What does it mean?

You have a quick filter to "smear and bleeding"? I see that too much, Wow, you fix up the edges !

I do not know how to thank you, hopefully I can get to this result !
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 24th Nov 2013 at 17:06.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Caiosouza View Post
    Step 1:

Extract audio from MPEG's using VirtualDub's "Save wav..."
    No. Since you are using DgIndex you might as well use the AC3 file it creates. That is an exact copy of the audio in the MPG file and it's already DVD compatible. Converting the audio to uncompressed PCM in a WAV file is a waste of time and you will lose more quality when you compress it again for DVD. (You could use the uncompressed PCM on the DVD but that's a waste of bitrate which is better used for the video in this case.)

Step 2:

In Virtual dub -> Open -> video file-> select-> .avs script
    As I've said several times before, you don't need to use an intermediate AVI. You can open the AVS script directly in HcGUI and encode it.

Though in this case, with very slow AviSynth filters (QTGMC and MCTD), it makes sense to work through a lossless intermediate AVI file. HcEnc is a two pass encoder. It examines the video during the first pass then encodes during the second pass. Encoding using the AVS script will require the source video be filtered twice, once for each pass. If you use an intermediate AVI file the video is only filtered once, then HcEnc just reads the AVI file twice.

4 -When I add the line: add SelectEven() on the script in virtual dub, the result seems a slow video.
    That does not slow the video down but it will make it look jerky or flickery. See the 24v30v60.avi video in this post:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/307004-Best-framerate-conversion-%28eg-23-97-to-30-...=1#post1888926

The smoothness difference between 25p and 25i on TV will be about the same as the difference in the 30p and 60p lines in that video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    " Since you are using DgIndex you might as well use the AC3 file it creates."

-In AVStoDVD I add Avi created in VirtualDub, and audio created in DGIndex and get error scription on the DVD, so does the Wav extracted by virtual dub,
    No audio, will the normal

" If you use an intermediate AVI file the video is only filtered once, then HcEnc just reads the AVI file twice. "

The HCgui_025 givme a .m2v file no audio, not know what to do

Please, this mux demux is driving me crazy, simplify...please

I need to know how to proceed step by step to have a (VIDEO_TS, ifo, vob) folder with audio ready to burn, I need to produce to a TV.

What I can do:

-Demux audio Video to project using DgIndex.

I give: AC3 audio, .d2v archive and demuxed.d2v

Audio: output Method> Demux All Tracks
    Video: YUV RGB TV Scale

-Get the raw video with the script .svs in VirtualDub low compression (no Audio)

How to put it all together in a folder with the expected quality, ready to burn? I need to produce to a TV

How to add audio?

Use Virtual Dub or HCgui_025 for raw video ?

You must think me very stupid, but still have the language barrier, imagine you learning all this on a site in Portuguese?

I really appreciate the patience, but it has to be more specific, not the technical details, if i do not understand

Thanks a lot
    !!!
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 24th Nov 2013 at 19:28.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Wonderful !!!!!!!! Simply amazing!
    Well, thank you -- but it looks almost exactly like jagabo's earlier mkv, which used the same filters.

This line and for what? : SelectEven()
    Selects only even numbered frames and discards the remainder. Thus the frame rate becomes 25 FPS progressive. But as jagabo mentioned, motion will not be as smooth on TV.

and this: Spline64Resize(width*2, height)
    Resizes your video from 352x576 to full-frame 704x576.

You put away the Trim (2,0) line? What does it mean?
    It would delete frames 0 and 1 in the original sample. But it would also displace audio sync by 1 frame, unless audio were handled differently.

You have a quick filter to "smear and bleeding"? I see that too much, Wow, you fix up the edges !
    Not a quickie, I'm afraid. Some experimentation required. But QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise have already performed a little of the work. The edges look cleaner with the higher bitrate, which renders contours and motion more effectively and reduces the effects of compression artifacts.

The two scripts below are actually the same, except for progressive -vs- interlaced:

progressive 25 FPS version:
    Code:
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SelectEven()
    Re-interlaced 25 FPS version:
    Code:
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    # --- re-interlace
    AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave()
    Attached PAL mpg is the same script, same bitrate, same encoder, etc., as the progressive mpg posted earlier -- but is re-interlaced. Both are almost exactly the same size.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Re-interlaced 25 FPS version:
    Code:
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    # --- re-interlace
    AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,0,3).Weave()
    Attached PAL mpg is the same script, same bitrate, same encoder, etc., as the progressive mpg posted earlier -- but is re-interlaced. Both are almost exactly the same file size.

THANKYOU !

I think the interlace and more interesting in my case

How many times that this example was processed?

After all, what is encoder should I put the script to get raw video?

I take the demuxed video, or video source?

I need to know how you get to that 57MB .Mpg, I get avi 314 MB,
    add audio and how it to have a (VIDEO_TS, ifo, vob) !

I have in my work folder:

1-1992 MX 250 Sample.mpg (source Video)
    2-1992 MX 250 Sample T80 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3 (DGIndex,I do not hear anything here)
    3-1992 MX 250 Sample.avs
    4-1992 MX 250 Sample.d2v (DGIndex)
    5-1992 MX 250 Sample.demuxed.m2v (DGIndex)
    6-1992 MX 250 Sample.wav (VirtualDub Extracted, I listen here)

I need to produce to a TV.

The question is:

How to put it all together to reach -> Folder (VIDEO_TS, ifo, vob) Ready to BURN! With AUDIO !

Last edited by Caiosouza; 25th Nov 2013 at 07:51.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The workflow has been described several times:
    1. From the d2v project file, run the Avisynth script to create the lossless AVI.

2. Use an MPEG encoder to create a PAL MPEG (m2v). jagabo and I have been using HCenc_GUI in our posts to create the m2v (MPEG2) PAL video. You have already used it to create your earlier m2v, but the bitrate was too low for optimum quality. Just use HCenc_GUI again but set a higher bitrate. The Avisynth script that cleans up the video runs very slow, so it's best to create the AVI and save it with Lagarith YV12 compression. Then use anotehr script that does nothing more than open the AVI for encoding by HCenc.

Example:
    Quote Quote  
  17. If you need the m2v and ac3 streams muxed together into an MPG file you can use Imago Mpeg Muxer. It's a very simple program.

If you want a sharper picture change the replace the Spline64Resize() line in my earlier script with:

Code:
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.0)
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline64Resize", fwidth=width*2, fheight=height)
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.0)
    Note that this sharpening will accentuate some of the artifacts left after filtering and will require more bitrate in your final encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  18. And make sure they don't create PCM audio by decompressing the AAC stream!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The workflow has been described several times:
    1. From the d2v project file, run the Avisynth script to create the lossless AVI.
    Where? in VirtualDub?

PROCED?

2. Use an MPEG encoder to create a PAL MPEG (m2v).You have already used HCenc to create your earlier m2v, but the bitrate was too low for optimum quality. Just use HCenc_GUI again but set a higher bitrate. The Avisynth script that cleans up the video runs very slow, so it's best to create the AVI and save it with Lagarith YV12 compression. Then use another script that does nothing more than open the AVI for encoding by HCenc.

Example:
    Code:
    AviSource("drive:\path\to\AVI\filtered.avi")
    The single line of code in an avs script openened with HCEnc-GUI will open the AVI for encoding. There is a guide here: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/hc.htm . The result will be an m2v video (which will be a PAL MPEG2). You performed this step earlier.
    Now,I take the Avi Filtered in VirtualDub, and open in HCenc and reencode with bit rate 6500

PROCED?

3. The encoded m2v and the AC3 audio file can be joined using a DVD authoring program that creates the folders and files for DVd burning. I think you already have Womble, which should accept video + audio and create folders and files for a DVD. I don't use that software, but there are other authoring programs in the Tools section of the forum. The programs I use to join video + audio are from TMPGenc, which are not expensive but are not free. If you want to use another authoring program, look into the forum's Tools section. Members who use those programs can recommend details if you have problems.
    The encoded m2v on HCenc and audio will be reworked again for VOB in DVD authoring program? This will be no more losses?

I now know how to do;
    I was trying to catch the filtered AVI and add the audio file to directly to folder (VIDEO_TS, ifo, vob) in DVD authoring program

So just tell me which audio clip: AC3 (1992 MX 250 Sample T80 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3 (DGIndex,I do not hear anything here)

...Or the WAVE 1992 MX 250 Sample.wav (Extracted VirtualDub)VirtualDub)

PROCED?

MUITO OBRIGADO !!! Voces foram realmente incrķveis !
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 25th Nov 2013 at 08:43.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    And make sure they don't create PCM audio by decompressing the AAC stream!

hahaha wrong thread
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    And make sure they don't create PCM audio by decompressing the AAC stream!

hahaha wrong thread
    Oops!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you need the m2v and ac3 streams muxed together into an MPG file you can use Imago Mpeg Muxer. It's a very simple program.

If you want a sharper picture change the replace the Spline64Resize() line in my earlier script with:

Code:
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.0)
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline64Resize", fwidth=width*2, fheight=height)
    Sharpen(0.3, 0.0)
    Note that this sharpening will accentuate some of the artifacts left after filtering and will require more bitrate in your final encoding.
    Thank you !!!

However in DGIndex (Audio output option Method: demux All Tracks) and video (YUV RGB TV Scale) I try Save the project and Demux Video, I get a file AC3 audio without a sound, and when next join to video in Imago Mpeg Muxer also do not listen to audio..

By that I do not hear anything here (audio file of DGIndex ) :
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Caiosouza; 25th Nov 2013 at 09:42.
    Quote Quote  
  23. The sample clip you uploaded has sound in the demuxed AC3 file.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not familiar with Imago MPEG Muxer. You don't need it. An authoring program will join video + audio and build the proper folder structure for burning to DVD. There is no re-encoding at the authoring step.

The AC3 file by itself (and the .wav file as well) will play in VLC Player. I used the .wav file in my demo because i wanted my TMPGEnc encoders and editors to resample the audio to a better bitrate from 192k to 256k. But that isn't necessary. You can just use the AC3 file as it is. Try DVDAuthorGUI. I don't use it (I use TMPGENC authoring tools) but I see it recommended frequently.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 12:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The sample clip you uploaded has sound in the demuxed AC3 file.
    This and what DGIndex provides me, as I will use it on join
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    I'm not familiar with Imago MPEG Muxer. You don't need it. An authoring program will join video + audio and build the proper folder structure for burning to DVD.
    Some authoring programs don't accept separate video and audio files. I use an old version of Ulead DVD Movie Factory that requires the streams be multiplexed into an MPG container first.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you want a quick preview of your short filtered and encoded video m2v, load the m2v into VirtualDub. Then in VirtualDub's top menu go to "Audio"-> "Audio from another file...". In the open file dialog navigate to your AC3 audio file and select it. When you play the m2v + audio, you should see video and hear audio. If VirtualDub won't accept the AC3 file, you don't have the VirtualDub AC3 plugin. Get it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fcchandler/files/Virtualdub%20Ac3%20plugin/ . Unzip the download and place the AC3 filter in a VirtualDub folder called "Plugins32". If you don't have that folder in your VirtualDub program folder, just create it and copy the filter into it.

An authoring program should be able to join the two files in the same way.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 12:01.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Some authoring programs don't accept separate video and audio files. I use an old version of Ulead DVD Movie Factory that requires the streams be multiplexed into an MPG container first.
    Hm. I thought DVDAuthorGUI should be able to do that. Guess that's why I don't use a lot of free tools. TMPGEnc seems to do everything I want without hassles. But of course you gotta pay for it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not familiar with Imago MPEG Muxer. You don't need it. An authoring program will join video + audio and build the proper folder structure for burning to DVD. There is no re-encoding at the authoring step.

The AC3 file by itself (and the .wav file as well) will play in VLC Player. I used the .wav file in my demo because i wanted my TMPGEnc encoders and editors to resample the audio to a better bitrate from 192k to 256k. But that isn't necessary. You can just use the AC3 file as it is. Try DVDAuthorGUI. I don't use it (I use TMPGENC authoring tools) but I see it recommended frequently.
    Finally I can listen to that AC3 after installing VLC, but ready after the DVD will be able to hear? My TV does not have VLC ! hahuauhaha...

It's all clear to me now,

I see the parts and know where to put and what order do

I never expected such great help here, I learned a life !

THANK ALL !
    Quote Quote  
  30. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you join it during authoring, you will hear it. You do need a process that will accept the AC3 file, and I am not familiar with the free authoring apps. It's been years since I used one of those. We're not familiar with all of the software you have available.

ANd almost anything will import .wav files, if it comes to that.
    Quote Quote