VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone gotten ATI AMD TV Wonder HD 600 USB 2.0 to work on Windows 8? I tried installing the Windows 7 driver, but it doesn't seem to work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. Windows 8 32-bit. I used the final Vista drivers from ATI, not the Windows 7 drivers from EMPIA.

I have not used my TV Wonder HD 600 USB since updating to Windows 8.1. I will have to test it to see if it still works when I have the time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Yes. Windows 8 32-bit. I used the final Vista drivers from ATI, not the Windows 7 drivers from EMPIA.

I have not used my TV Wonder HD 600 USB since updating to Windows 8.1. I will have to test it to see if it still works when I have the time.
    Did you use the ones on the disc that came with it or did ya download them off a website?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FromPartsUnknown View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Did you use the ones on the disc that came with it or did ya download them off a website?
    I used ones downloaded from AMD's website.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FromPartsUnknown View Post
    Those are the same drivers I installed. Maybe I used a compatibily setting for Windows 7 when installing the drivers. I can't recall

Sorry, I don't use VirtualDub with mine. I was able to use it with Windows Media Center. (I bought the Windows 8 Pro Pack with Windows Media Center upgrade offered for $40 for a short time after Windows 8 was released.) I was also able to use it with Media Player Classic Home Cinema and VLC.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help. Doesn't seem to work though.

Anyone else able to help me?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a chance to test my TV Wonder HD 600 USB with Windows 8.1 32-bit. The drivers I had originally installed for Windows 8 still worked. I could use Media Player Classic Home Cinema to access composite video and stereo audio.

However it looks like the information I gave you was incomplete. I found some installation notes for using the ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB with Windows 7 that I had obtained from a VideoHelp thread and saved. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/331817-Best-MPEG-2-Capture-Device?p=2059630&viewful...=1#post2059630

When I read them, I discovered that when I set up Windows 8, I must have installed the final Vista drivers, followed by the alternative drivers for Windows 7 that were once found at eMPIA's website. Unfortunately, eMPIA has since removed them.

I deleted all the drivers installed for the ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB to see if I could find a way to get the device to work without using the drivers downloaded from eMPIA's website. I re-installed the final Vista drivers I obtained from AMD by themselves, which didn't work. Next, I decided to try the Windows 7 drivers from Diamond's website and discovered that they came from eMPIA. So, as my notes had suggested, I installed the Windows 7 drivers for the TV Wonder HD 600 USB from Diamond's website without removing the Vista drivers previously installed. Afterwards, with the TV Wonder HD 600 USB connected, the device was visible in Control Panel's "Devices and Printers" window, as well as in Device Manager under "Sound Video and Game Controllers". After rebooting, I tested with MPCHC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) to see if I was able to access the device's composite video and stereo audio, and confirmed the installation was successful.

If re-installing as I suggest helps or you find another means of installing drivers that works, please post again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got a message saying "drivers not installed" after doing what you suggested.

I've tried three times
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sure wish I knew why I can install these device drivers and you can't.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I only wanted the drivers installed. I extracted the drivers from ati that others had pointed to with 7zip.
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/tv-tuner?product=7-&os=Windows%20Vista%20-%2032&rev=10.4

Then if you browse to he extracted contents in the \0-4_vista32-64_t600usb_wdm\Packages\Drivers\WDM\TVW_HSUSB\TVWH SUSB folder and run setup.exe it will install only the drivers. I have gotten tv to work with the sichbopvr application but the video is choppy. Still investigating the solution. May try some other software. Just thought I would share

I am running windows 10 professional 10586
    Quote Quote  
  11. 2019 Update:

In light of Windows 7 going away but still wanting Windows Media Center, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I too had troubles getting my trusty TV Wonder to work.

I followed the steps from thetechlink (downloading "10-4_vista32-64_t600usb_wdm.exe" from AMD's website and then running setup in the \ATI\Support\10-4_vista32-64_t600usb_wdm\Packages\Drivers\WDM\TVW_HSUSB\TVWH SUSB directory) ... and it worked great!

Windows Media Center in 8.1 now recognizes my TV Wonder 600 and I now have a few more years to enjoy my green button.
    Quote Quote