VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, so I've burnt many a 16x DVD-R DVD's in the past, with very quick times, and minimum coasters. Approximately 4 minutes/disc.
    I've also burn quite a few DVD+DL discs, with approximately 20minutes/disc.
    Unfortunately, i've got about 50 DVD's to burn, and you can see the problem.

My question is, why such a huge difference? My average write speeds on a DVD+DL is about 8 KiB/s.
    Is this normal?

Here's the Imgburn log..
    Please help me decipher what this means.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Short answer = Yes

Log is normal

Better answer = Get a duplication tower to speed up the process.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Increase of "speed" doesnt decrease the time necessary the same way....
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    You might consider slowing it down since you are using lower grade media
    Quote Quote  
  5. Oy, CMC MAG D03. I know them well.

I used quite a few back when I did Blu-Ray backups to DVD+R_DLs (BD9). For unimportant backups that could be done over any time, in other words. And I did do lots of them over again.

Reliability is poor, to be kind. Thinking back now, they did best at the lowest rated speed, but that was never any better than 80% success rate, IIRC. They *are* inexpensive though, which is about the best that can be said for them. I went through several spindles of 50 each.

No double-layer DVD media is worth using but Verbatims, IMO. That's the consensus here, and it's true. You eventually tire of doing discs over again and verifying/scanning them.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, i couldn't get my hands on Verbatims at the time, and I needed them ASAP...
    I totally understand the gamble with this media..

From a spindle pack of 50, I've lost 4. My bigger concern is player compatibility with these cheapos..

BTW, my supplier is only selling Verbatim DVD+R DL (inkjet hub printables) in packets of 10..
    IS there some sort of conspiracy going around? I can't seem to buy or find them locally anymore..
    Quote Quote