VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After you mount the iso is there a better way to watch the movie than VLC? VlC seems to just look and play a single file, is there a way to view the download as an original Blu-ray disc, where youd see all the menus and added seens? I know u can see sceens by looking through all the files but i cant seem to ever see a menu like in a real player.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try the freeware VSO media player. It's all I use for BD playback. It does show some menus.

EDIT: I don't know why VSO didn't link to our tools section, but: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VSO-Media-Player

I do have AnyDVD HD running in the background for decryption, but your ISO's are probably already decrypted.
    Last edited by redwudz; 16th Nov 2013 at 18:07.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    The commercial players are very good at blu ray playback, including menu support. I prefer Arcsoft TMT 5 (unfortunately no longer available). The interface in TMT 6 is much worse.

I understand the DVDFab player is much improved over what they started with, but like the VSO program it only has partial support for menus. It is free to use for playback of ripped files and ISO files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. yeah, once i mount the blu ray i usually see dirs like:
    ANY!
    BDMV
    CERTIFICATE

I can play the movie with VLC, the issue i have is i cant play the "main menu" which lets u pick deleted scenes and stuff like that, I can just simply pick it apart. Theres has to be a way to watch it as if was in a blu-ray player.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sebastian869 View Post
    Theres has to be a way to watch it as if was in a blu-ray player.
    Unless something's changed very recently, you really need a commercial player to access all the functions and menus.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    You might try the freeware VSO media player. It's all I use for BD playback. It does show some menus.

EDIT: I don't know why VSO didn't link to our tools section, but: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VSO-Media-Player

I do have AnyDVD HD running in the background for decryption, but your ISO's are probably already decrypted.
    thx for reply, i installed the player you suggested but im getting same results i get with VLC as in that i cant see menu, i can just "play" the movie file. Its not the original as if i inserted a blu ray disk into a blu ray player where one can see added features menus etc.
    Quote Quote