VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My dilemma. I have an Azend Group Envizen Digital Quartet 9ED8890A with TV/DVD/AV capabilities. I can play DVDs. When I connect a portable USB drive to the USB port with MPEG-2 (VOB) the videos play just fine. I am trying to connect a Roku (Roku 2 Streaming Player (Roku 2720R) to the Envizen's AV port I have Wi-Fi in my home one floor above the location of the Roku unit (in my kitchen). On my kitchen counter, the Envizen is placed about a foot away from a Grace Digital wireless radio which works just fine. That tells me that the Wi-Fi is not the problem. But when I connect my kitchen Roku (Roku 2 Streaming Player (Roku 2720R)) to the AV port and cycle the onscreen indicators to the AV selection, it won't work. I have gone through the registration process with the Roku on another set (Sony Bravia) in my TV room and the Roku has been activated and works with that connection. In the kitchen, all I get with the Roku is a blue screen. Am I attempting to accomplish the impossible? Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How are you trying to connect the Roku to the Azend? What are you using - HDMI cable or something else?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    RCA Composite Red-White-Yellow
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, might I add that neither unit has HDMI capabilities.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Teta View Post
    By the way, might I add that neither unit has HDMI capabilities.
    Your Roku device most certainly DOES have HDMI. Unless you bought some kind of bootleg one. My experience is that the Roku works best via HDMI and other types of connections are "iffy". You'll need to be sure that the Roku is correctly configured to send output via the component cables you are trying to use, but your Azend is a little known device and it may be that it simply cannot accept the kind of video input you want to send it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are correct. My Roku does have an HDMI port. I am convinced that the Ascend Envizen is the problem and there is no solution for this particular problem. Oh well, back to the drawing board to find something to replace my Ascend product.

Thanks for your time and help.
    Quote Quote