VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Since upgrading Freemake Video Converter to 4.1.0.0 it now inserts a watermark at the end of every converted video. Does anyone know what the first version of freemake was to do this? Like I said it didn't do this until I upgraded the program (which I do every few months).

Secondly does anyone use other programs instead of Freemake? I feel that what they did was unethical. Not because they wanted to put a watermark at the end of converted files, but because of the way it was done (aka nothing in the version release notes or anywhere else). As a result I am ready to drop them if anyone suggest a good alternative.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are your source files and what do you convert to?
    Like do you start with dvd files and end with mp4?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try video to video converter. Not as simple though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by schnappi View Post
    aka nothing in the version release notes or anywhere else
    From Freemake Video Converter version history:

Added the automatic update mechanism for YouTube Vevo download which permits to fix YouTube Vevo download without software reinstallation by end-users
    For promotional reasons an additional video frame with Freemake logo is added at the end of the videos longer than 5 minutes unless Freemake Gold Pack is activated
    Improved the stability of Blu-ray and DVD ISO creation
    Fixed the issues with MKV True HD audio
    Improved the conversion stability with MPEG4 and FLV codecs for presets: to MP4, to FLV, to Android, to SWF, to Nokia and several device presets for Samsung and BlackBerry
    Improved player stability
    Improved conversion stability with DXVA acceleration use
    Improved DVD opening speed
    Fixed the issues with "Join" option when converting to Blu-ray ISO
    Fixed the issues with audio out of sync with video when "Join" and "Fade Transition" are on
    Fixed the issues with DVD, Blu-ray conversion when "Join" and "Fade Transition" are on

Gold Pack is cost $5

So you can buy Gold Pack or download old version https://www.videohelp.com/download/FreemakeVideoConverter_4.0.3.4.exe
    Or you can try what Baldrick offer
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Originally Posted by schnappi View Post
    aka nothing in the version release notes or anywhere else
    From Freemake Video Converter version history:

Added the automatic update mechanism for YouTube Vevo download which permits to fix YouTube Vevo download without software reinstallation by end-users
    For promotional reasons an additional video frame with Freemake logo is added at the end of the videos longer than 5 minutes unless Freemake Gold Pack is activated
    Improved the stability of Blu-ray and DVD ISO creation
    Fixed the issues with MKV True HD audio
    Improved the conversion stability with MPEG4 and FLV codecs for presets: to MP4, to FLV, to Android, to SWF, to Nokia and several device presets for Samsung and BlackBerry
    Improved player stability
    Improved conversion stability with DXVA acceleration use
    Improved DVD opening speed
    Fixed the issues with "Join" option when converting to Blu-ray ISO
    Fixed the issues with audio out of sync with video when "Join" and "Fade Transition" are on
    Fixed the issues with DVD, Blu-ray conversion when "Join" and "Fade Transition" are on

Gold Pack is cost $5

So you can buy Gold Pack or download old version https://www.videohelp.com/download/FreemakeVideoConverter_4.0.3.4.exe
    Or you can try what Baldrick offer
    Okay I was wrong. I only looked at the release notes for the version I upgraded to and didn't read far enough down the list.

I downgraded for the time being but I am looking to switch.

Source files are mostly mp4's and wmv's. Watermark videos in another program and have to covert watermarked output to MP4, WMV, and FLV (which is done right now in Freemake).

Any other recommendation besides Video to Video Converter?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's why I normally don't upgrade software that still works perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    If you're looking for watermarking options, you could try Format Factory.

Its a well done program, BUT beware during installation, untick the adware and I also recommend you don't install Format Factory's own codec pack, as it could mess with the other codecs already on your system.

Other than that, its a great software, which could well suit your expectations.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's a little late to speak for that but FM Video Converter is a good software for me, so, to remove the emergence of the logo, I think you can :

- download the old version (apparently available here on videohelp)
    - test the trick of JOEMOE (it seems to work)
    - or you need the Gold Pack of Free Make, I guess we have to pay OR search the Gold pack Key on the web (it's possible to find them ^^)
    with the gold pack it's sure that there will be no watermak at the end of your videos.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't recommend any warez hacks. Buy the software or use a real FREE converter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    oh sorry but don't worry, I don't talk of a crack or hack version of this very good software I really like it and he's good as it is.

those things are just traps to have a damn virus or trojan horse...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    The old file seems to be down. Have anybody an actual link or could upload it please?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by AndreasP80 View Post
    The old file seems to be down. Have anybody an actual link or could upload it please?
    This the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20140123020146/https://www.videohelp.com/download/FreemakeV...er_4.0.3.4.exe

but better use other alternative software
    because this not updated version
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by schnappi View Post
    it now inserts a watermark at the end of every converted video.
    Simply delete the ImagesBranding folder.
    Depending on your operating system, the folder will be at a location similar to this on Windows XP:
    C:\Program Files\Freemake\Freemake Video Converter\FMCommon\ConverterCommon\Resources\ImagesBranding
    Last edited by mike20021969; 18th Jun 2016 at 08:33.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    @mike20021969: nice workaround, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding Freemake Video Converter older versions: Version 4.0.3.4 ALSO has the Freemake Logo at the finish of videos of 5 mins duration and over! I would be interested to know the version number of the Freemake Video Converter which DOES NOT have the logo, ie, the last one before the Logo was introduced, please? Does anybody know?
    Quote Quote