VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am wanting the best free program to edit large joined files. But don't like the many I've tried so far that simply allow you to choose file chapter cut-offs?

I am wanting to use a slider so I can see the credits in the file, as not all episodes of a show/series are exactly equal lengths?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No editor suppports everything so give more information about your so called files.

What software have you tried ? Like avidemux, virtualdub, video to video converter, solveigm avi trimmer, mpg2cut2, free video dub.

And if they all fail can you try freemake video converter, just load the file and click on the scissor to cut. BUt the video will always be reconverted.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Freemake adds the video file (apparently an mp4) and goes to edit, but then defaults and 'disappears' or closes down?

Other free programs (even without the watermarks) don't offer the same level of scene editing?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by aelfheah View Post
    Freemake adds the video file (apparently an mp4) and goes to edit, but then defaults and 'disappears' or closes down?
    That might be a bug. Report it to Freemake.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try out AviUtl. (https://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviUtl). It may take a while to get used to it, but it allows you to split a file into several parts
    Quote Quote