VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For some time, I've had audio sync issue on my edited videos and I believe that I have found the cause. I'm looking for a better alternative.

Generally, I record video from my satellite feed using my Hauppauge HD PVR and ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme 2. Then I edit out the unwanted parts using Video Redo Suite 4.20.7.629.

The audio on my original recordings are synced well but usually there is a variable level of audio that is not in sync. I have attempted to adjust the sync using VLC but this hasn't been satisfactory because the audio sync varied within the video file. (i.e. I can sync one part but not the whole video).

I believe that the issue is caused by Video Redo.

Therefore 2 questions:
    1. In Video Redo Options/Stream Paramaters, the "Detect/resync missing frames" is set to "Resync - Remove Audio Frames". I've tried "Insert extra video frames" -(doesn't help) and "Ignore" (video won't play). Is this the best setting or could something else be causing my problem?
    2. Assuming that I can't adjust Video Redo to fix the problem, are there other programs that will edit out unwanted parts without recoding? (I really like the VideoReDo interface). I am usually editing MP4, TS, M2TS, MKV or MPG.
    Last edited by cottage; 10th Nov 2013 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. one "smart rendering" alternative you can try is solveigmm video splitter
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    one "smart rendering" alternative you can try is solveigmm video splitter

I have solveigmm but it freezes at 26%.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by cottage View Post
    I believe that the issue is caused by Video Redo.
    I don't think so, having also in mind what you wrote about Solveigmm splitter. The stream must have errors which cannot be corrected otherwise than removing bad audio or video frames.

I use VRD over 3 years and I had never any sync issue with a clean stream (satellite, DSLR camera).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Need to know what channels you are trying to cap from and what settings in Arcsoft. I just finished a cap with that software and everything is in perfect sync. 11 Mbps, VBR, HDMI video and audio, 5.1 AC-3, TS format. Editing with VRD results in an in sync file without re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oldfart13 View Post
    Need to know what channels you are trying to cap from and what settings in Arcsoft. I just finished a cap with that software and everything is in perfect sync. 11 Mbps, VBR, HDMI video and audio, 5.1 AC-3, TS format. Editing with VRD results in an in sync file without re-encoding.
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been away.

It seems that you are assuming that my problem is ArcSoft. I don't claim to have the answer but I believe that the issue is Video ReDo. The files captured by ArcSoft have always been in sync. It's only after they are edited in VRD that most (but not all) are out of sync.

Nonetheless, here is the info that you requested:
    -capturing from the PVR of a BellTV 9242 satelitte receiver
    -ArcSoft settings:
    - Video input - YPdRr
    - Audio input - S/PDIF
    - PC Audio Mode - 5.1 ch
    - Video Decoder - Video Standard - NTSC_M (This seemed odd. There is no alt for ATSC and I tried other settings
    but they didn't help.)
    - resolution - 1920x1080 30 fps
    - 7 Mbps
    - TS format (have also tried M2TS)
    -VRD Setting:
    - Stream Parameters - Detect/resync missing frames - set to - Resync - Remove Audio Frames
    (also tried - Resync - Insert Extra Video Frames - didn't help,
    also tried - Ignore - didn't help)

There are many other VRD setting but none seemed to impact audio sync.

Does any of this provide a clue?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Other than Solveigmm splitter, TS-Doctor is the only other alternative to VideoReDo TV Suite H.264 that I have read about which claims to edit recordings from the Hauppauge HD-PVR, but it only works for .TS files. I don't know if it does smart encoding like VideoReDo.
    Quote Quote  
  8. What version of VRD you have installed? There was a bug in 4.21.4.671c. The latest 4.21.5.672b works well.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by noemi7 View Post
    What version of VRD you have installed? There was a bug in 4.21.4.671c. The latest 4.21.5.672b works well.
    I have version 4.20.7.629.

It came with my Hauppauge HD PVR.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought VRD some years ago and have found most beta releases have some sort of issue, and there's usually some "disclaimer" in the release notes about it not being stable. I've stuck with the stable releases and have had no problems with that.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by mail2tom View Post
    I bought VRD some years ago and have found most beta releases have some sort of issue, and there's usually some "disclaimer" in the release notes about it not being stable. I've stuck with the stable releases and have had no problems with that.
    I'm sorry, but you're a bit of a dolt! Most of the VRD betas work absolutely fine, and if you do have any problems just post on the forum and most of the time you'll usually get a prompt response and often a fix from the authors. If you're concerned about installing betas then just install them in a different location and you can run them separately.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I would suggest going to the VideoReDo forums and posting this there. They have always been responsive in the past. Forums http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/forum.php?

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/forumdisplay.php?39-VideoReDo-TVSuiteV4-w-H-264
    is the forum for the VideoReDo TVSuiteV4 w/H.264

Good Luck
    TBoneit
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cottage View Post
    What version of VRD you have installed? There was a bug in 4.21.4.671c. The latest 4.21.5.672b works well.

Did you buy your HD-PVR second-hand? I have probably looked at Hauppauge's HD-PVR webpage two dozen times since 2008 and can't recall ever seeing VideoReDo TV Suite H.264 bundled with it, only WinTV, Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre, Arcsoft Media Converter and Arcsoft TotalMedia Extreme.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by cottage View Post

Did you buy your HD-PVR second-hand? I have probably looked at Hauppauge's HD-PVR webpage two dozen times since 2008 and can't recall ever seeing VideoReDo TV Suite H.264 bundled with it, only WinTV, Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre, Arcsoft Media Converter and Arcsoft TotalMedia Extreme.
    No. I bought it new.(wrong!)

Edit....
    Oops. It's been so long that my memory has failed me. I did some checking and you are correct. I bought VRD separately. (i.e. downloaded it)
    Last edited by cottage; 25th Nov 2013 at 12:36. Reason: Correction
    Quote Quote