VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have the Vob, Ifo, and Bup files, but the vobs are jumbled. Some episodes are spread across multiple vob files. Is there a way to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. try re ripping the files with anydvd or dvdfab.
    but if that's the way the dvd was designed you're stuck with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There's no other option than to rerip? I'm looking to encode them, I can't use the ifo files to figure out timecodes or something? It's a whole series so I'd like to avoid re-ripping if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is there something that can rip from an iso so that I don't have to use the DVDs again?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ROBO731 View Post
    Is there something that can rip from an iso so that I don't have to use the DVDs again?
    Yes, you can mount the ISO using Daemon Tools or Virtual Clone Drive and decrypt from the virtual drive created. I don't know if that'll fix your problem, though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's worth a shot and better than reripping all the dvds, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yeah it didn't work. If a program like mpc-hc can read the ifo file and play the dvd back properly then isn't there a program that can do the same, but to rip the files? Or can't the ifo be interpreted somehow to tell me how the files are supposed to be connected?
    Quote Quote  
  8. dvdshrink might be able to rip individual episodes.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    ^or DVDDecrypter in IFO mode
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ROBO731 View Post
    If a program like mpc-hc can read the ifo file and play the dvd back properly then isn't there a program that can do the same, but to rip the files?
    I thought so. You expected just the act of decrypting to put all the pieces in order? Try opening the IFO for the episodes in PGCDemux and get them that way. Perhaps demux into VOBs ('Create a PGC VOB').

Or try Kerry56's suggestion which should accomplish the same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by ROBO731 View Post
    If a program like mpc-hc can read the ifo file and play the dvd back properly then isn't there a program that can do the same, but to rip the files?
    I thought so. You expected just the act of decrypting to put all the pieces in order? Try opening the IFO for the episodes in PGCDemux and get them that way. Perhaps demux into VOBs ('Create a PGC VOB').

Or try Kerry56's suggestion which should accomplish the same thing.
    Well, I wasn't sure if decrypting would put them in order, but I figured it was worth trying. It looks like using IFO mode in DVD Decrypter is working. i'm going to try using PgcDemux as well to see which is more convenient.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Looks like PgcDemux forces the files to be split after 1.00 GB. Unfortunately neither will process all of the files at once. I think this solves it though, thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by ROBO731; 10th Nov 2013 at 10:03.
    Quote Quote