VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Dear all,

I've been experiencing this rather frustrating situation for over a week now.

Two Blu Ray folders which I had borrowed from a friend and ripped ("Scream 2" and "Human centipede 2").

They both failed to open first on my pc players (Total media theatre 6.5.1.150 and power dvd 12) and on my standalone player after I burnt them. Both software and standalone players are unable to play them. From the very beginning all I get is a black screen. Tried to skip that black screen no luck.

The funny thing is that when I gave the ripped folders for my friend to check, he managed to open them on his pc player (Total media theatre 6.5.1.150).

I was thinking I might have some codec problems and tried to uninstall and install them again. No luck. Then I noticed that a couple of others discs that I had borrowed from him in the past didn't have BD-Java unlike these 2 (Those BD-Java free BDs were playing perfectly). So I'm strongly suspecting some kind of problem with BD-Java. Of course I might be wrong. Ayway, I've been trying to solve this issue without a bit of luck. Any help/hint will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Search Comp PM
    Read the forum rules.

We do not actively support 'borrowed' media.