VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was using iMovie HD a lot. It was simple, user friendly and did everything I needed. Now, it's no longer supported by the latest MacOS, like Mountain Lion or Mavericks and the new iMovie is complicated and not at all user friendly.
    As an amateur video editor I need an application that does what the old iMovie HD did.
    Does anybody know a video editing software just like iMovie HD? It could be a 3rd party software, don't mind.
    Thanks in anticipation for all the help I can get.
    Quote Quote  
  2. On mac you're not going to find anything more basic than iMovie. Step up, it's not that complicated.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, it's not "that" complicated but the new iMovie lacks some basic operations like a whole lot of transitions and other FX, it lacks the capability of extraction of the audio track and so on.
    I'm giving Final Cut Pro a try but it lacks a lot of stuff too.
    Anyway, thanks for the response.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by oicram View Post
    OK, it's not "that" complicated but the new iMovie lacks some basic operations like a whole lot of transitions and other FX
    So you're saying it's both too complicated and not complicated enough?

And what specifically is lacking in Final Cut Pro? Now the alarm bells are going off.

I'm starting to get the impression you aren't taking the time to familiarize yourself with these programs thoroughly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, man you're quite a smart ass...End of conversation.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Looks like I guessed right. No focus.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by oicram View Post
    iMovie HD [] it's no longer supported by the latest MacOS, like Mountain Lion or Mavericks
    iMovieHD still works on these systems (I have a copy on my hard disk, no concern).
    PS: I didn't install it recently, I installed it during SnowLeopard and kept it onto my hard disk (don't know if there is the reason)

bye
    For DVD, iPad, HD, connected TV, iMovie & FCPX? MovieConverter-Studio 3 (01/24/2015) - Handle your camcorder's videos? even in 60p or 60i? do a slow-motion? MovieCam.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe there is the reason. Something similar happened to me. I bought my iMac (Moountain Lion with the new iMovie as a bundled software) recently and it didn't have iMovie HD installed, so I did it and it worked OK. Later, I upgraded to Mavericks and iMovie HD didn't work anymore. I made a clean downgrade to Mountain (didn't like Mavericks) and when I tried to install iMovie HD again I got a message informing that PPC applications were no longer supported.
    I think iMovie HD is by far superior to the present iMovie and I can't understand why Apple discontinued such a fine piece of software.
    Quote Quote