VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I live in India. My Sony TRV95E PAL purchased from Europe has gone out of order. I have a few Hi8 tapes to be digitized - I have started looking for a compatible SONY model (one with DATA CODE feature and play Hi8 - some D8 models are backward compatible). I find a few in the US ebay and amazon and can manage to get one with help from my friends.

However I want to ensure that SONY NTSC models can play PAL tapes. (I once had a PAL VCR that can playback NTSC and guess the same would be true for some NTSC camcorder models). I checked the manuals for a couple of NTSC models but there is no mention of whether they support PAL playback.

Can someone confirm if there are SONY NTSC models that support PAL playback? If they don't support PAL, then I'll have to start looking at the UK markets.

Thanks.
    Last edited by DeeYesses; 30th Oct 2013 at 07:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DeeYesses View Post
    However I want to ensure that SONY NTSC models can play PAL tapes. (I once had a PAL VCR that can playback NTSC and guess the same would be true for some NTSC camcorder models).
    Don't waste your time or money......Buy a PAL one. NTSC machines do not play PAL.
    99% of PAL VCRs can play NTSC....but it is VERY difficult to capture or record NTSC played in a PAL machine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks hech54. This model of mine could play NTSC too.

I'll start looking to get a compatible PAL model one from Europe.
    Quote Quote