VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wonder if someone might be able to help me!

Here is the story; I have 2 Blu-ray boxsets, the first set I got had bad video so the company re-released it but on the replacement set they duplicated one of the audio tracks on one of the films, missing out one of the tracks. So what I have attempted to do is to use the audio tracks from the first set and mux them to the newer set, that way using the HD video from the new set and using the audio from the bad set. After muxing the old set audio to the new set video I copied the whole contents of the new set disc to my PC and simply replaced the 0004 file with the one I muxed. I created an ISO with Imgburn, mounted it and it played fine on my PC, chapter selection special features etc. I burn't the ISO and tested it on a Pioneer and PS3, everything plays other than the main movie, also chapter selection doesn't take you to the movie either! Have I missed something out? do I need to edit the playlist file or something?

If anyone is interested the boxset is the Bruce Lee Legacy Collection by Shout Factory. Basically the 1st release had with upscaled video and the second release features HD video but on the Fist of Fury disc they duplicated the Cantonese audio track, meaning that the Mandarin track is missing.

Thanks
    Last edited by newgen2005; 28th Oct 2013 at 17:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can't just replace files. You must reauthor the blu-ray. I haven't seen any simple way for blu-rays like vobblanker for dvds.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. So no easy way for me to do this then? Just seems funny that it plays on my PC!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, you might as well say it can't be done with Blu-Ray, not simply with free tools. Actually it can supposedly be done with BDEdit, but it's beastly complicated and nobody has bothered writing a guide for it.

The thing is, if you could just know what the main functions do, you could come to grips with it. I've followed the Doom9 thread and am little the wiser, with the exception of being able to turn sub streams on/off or change audio stream priority. I keep hoping one of the very bright members here (of which there are many) would tackle the job of figuring it out and making a guide.

Anyway, I once did something very much like what you've done, and the result played fine in the TME software player. Standalone players are more picky.

If you can live without the menus, the job is simple, of course. Just replace the main movie audio with tsMuxer and output a new Blu-Ray folder.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote