VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, as El Heggunte said, yank all that 3rd party codec stuff. Especially if you have more than one of them.

And BTW I uploaded that file and it played just fine in SMPlayer. That's on linux (it's much better known to linux users than windows ones) but I'm quite sure the windows version uses the same codec libraries. And it doesn't need stupid codec packs that frak up your registry in windows to do it.

As a Swiss Army knife play-anything video player, vlc is totally overrated. Buggy too. I have it but rarely use it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. thx for your reply, yes i tried a few of the recommended players, they all play it just fine, nevertheless they still have playback problems and they won't play on my android phone, i need to untangle those two video streams, if that's not possible then i just want the main stream and the audio in a format that will cause no problem and that is playable everywhere including in the not so good mpc and vlc, thx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Supported media formats for android: http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

Add my recommendation for the codec pack: get rid of it.

I've seen h264 encoding recommended most often for android and for BluRay players. The link above is the "official" list of recommendations for android manufacturers and developers. And to answer your question in that other thread: you You can't "convert" VP6A to other formats without re-encoding. These are not ZIP or RAR files; they're encoded video, which is an entirely different compression process.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 20th Mar 2014 at 05:56.
    Quote Quote  
  4. guyz all i'm asking for is to name a program and tell me how to use it...............
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    As I had tried to say:

1) initial step: use MKVtoolnix for getting rid of the low-res video streams; I have no idea of how to automate the remuxing for batch-processing, maybe someone else knows the how-tos ;

2) second step: batch-conversion of the remuxed MKVs. Again, I am not good at newbie-friendly tools, and the members who know how to use these, well, I don't know why they haven't chimed in yet
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 31st Oct 2013 at 13:33. Reason: disambiguation : - /
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, probably this won't be very helpful to the OP, but (hopefully) can be useful to other people who happen to meet a similar problem...

First, the video conversion stage --- I used the very-recent build of FFMS2 by qyot27,

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1650386#post1650386

and the script below opens fine in VirtualDub:

Code:
    LoadCPlugin("F:\AVSplugins\FFMS2\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("VP6A.mkv", track=0)
    The audio track (MP3) can be extracted with mkvextract or with ffmpeg.

Finally, the new video and the old audio can be remuxed with MKVmerge, AVI-Mux GUI, ffmpeg, whatever.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 1st Nov 2013 at 01:04. Reason: damn typos : - /
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Clever detection work, there. Thank you. I stayed up 2 hours late looking for something like this (and will call a headshrinker friend of mine today to ask why I just didn't go to sleep). Using your FFMS2 tip, I got audio and video for each imbedded clip (audio is the same for both) using two separate scripts. Each script has the same code, just change the "track=" parameter to 0 or 1. Then I had to use ConvertToRGB32 because the frame size gave errors as YV12.
    Code:
    loadCplugin("D:\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
    aud=ffaudiosource(vidpath+"VP6A.mkv") 
    vid=ffvideosource(vidpath+"VP6A.mkv", track=0)
    audiodub(vid,aud)
    ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec601",interlaced=false)
    return last
    I'm not much for using the freebie converters and NLE's, but was this 2-video job a picture-in-picture clip or something like that? When I played the mkv in MPC-BE I didn't get the "liitle guy", just the main video. Interesting. I'll stick with plain old movie vids, I guess.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 20th Mar 2014 at 05:57.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Re: YV12 => some cropping or AddBorders() can solve the frame size issue ^_~

Re: P.I.P. => probably those files were designed to work with an embedded SWF-player. AFAIK, only the ancient Flix and some other modern bloatware can create VP6A streams.

When I played the mkv in MPC-BE I didn't get the "liitle guy", just the main video
    Try using AV Splitter instead of LAV (or Haali) --- just make sure the option "Single output pin" is unticked.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 1st Nov 2013 at 05:11. Reason: add P.S.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Re: YV12 => some cropping or AddBorders() can solve the frame size issue ^_~
    That's what I did. Basically I just added a couple of pixels to top/bottom or sides to get a mod-8 image. That's OK, but MediaInfo sez the clip's aspect ratio is 1:85:1. That's accurate enough, but it's square-pixel. Even an android expects standard frame size encodes and a DAR of either 4:3 or 16:9.

In Avisynth one could overlay the smaller vid onto the big one and do some resizing to get it all into a 720x480 standard frame for encoding and playback at 16:9 and keep the 1.85:1 main image ratio. I don't think a typical android device or user would fiddle with splitters, etc., to get a correct image whether it's PIP or not. Or just use the higher res video and forget the PIP. I didn't work out the frame dimensions for a 16:9 encode but IMO that's what one would have to do for a proper display on any device, android included.
    Quote Quote  
  10. i'm glad my file got u interested guys, i hope at the end of this discussion, i will have an automated script or something that i will be able to click and it will hopefully do all the work for me!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Likely there is some work being done on "read-my-mind" versions of some apps. But they're still in development. I wouldn't hold my breath.

You might be able to automate some of the work, but you'll need more how-to and insight into video than you seem to have now. I'm sure others might pick up on this and offer some tips, but they will be asking questions about how you want this piece to go together. I'll try working on the aspect ratio business later today.
    Quote Quote  
  12. did you want to keep the speaker, or only the whiteboard ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. the speaker don't matter, i noticed that the video with the speaker has more size than the other video, so why keep it, although if there's a way to play it along side the other one, it will be nice to have the whole thing u know, but i care mainly about the actual learning material not the face of my instructor
    Quote Quote  
  14. What are you android screen dimensions ?

The whiteboard video is 650x350 , the AR is ~1.85 . Did you want it preserved or resized , or different AR ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Test if this plays ok on your android . It's just 10seconds for testing compatibility settings . According to that link above , android supports h.264/baseline 500kb/s . The audio is stream copied MP3 , but I don't know if android supports it (might need to be converted to AAC when using MP4 container because it's not listed)

If it's compatible I'll write instructions for a ffmpeg batch conversion script

Originally Posted by UnD3R0aTh View Post
    the speaker don't matter, i noticed that the video with the speaker has more size than the other video, so why keep it, although if there's a way to play it along side the other one, it will be nice to have the whole thing u know, but i care mainly about the actual learning material not the face of my instructor
    yeah, she's not that good to look at anyways
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  16. yeah works perfectly man
    Quote Quote  
  17. Please test this one as well, it has some buffer settings for device compatibility (the first one might have been "lucky"; the settings used might cause problems with playback on other material or longer samples )
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. 1) place a copy of ffmpeg.exe in the folder of mkv's to be converted

2) open notepad, copy & paste the following, save it, rename the extention from .txt to .bat , then double click the .bat file

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -c:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -b:v 500k -x264opts nal-hrd=vbr:vbv-bufsize=500:vbv-maxrate=500 -c:a copy "%%~na.mp4"

pause
    I'm assuming the videos have the same structure (that the streams are numbered the same) , otherwise you might get the wrong video (the speaker instead of the whiteboard)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 1st Nov 2013 at 07:58.
    Quote Quote  
  19. excellent, now if i put all the mkv files in there will it do it one by one? i'm already doing one now and it looks like it's going ok, cheers man
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by UnD3R0aTh View Post
    excellent, now if i put all the mkv files in there will it do it one by one? i'm already doing one now and it looks like it's going ok, cheers man
    Yes that's the idea of "batch processing"

Before you get too far, I had a look for android encoding settings and here are some better settings used by some GUI's with android presets where the buffer and maxrate are higher (I wasn't sure how high was still compatible, but higher is better as long as you stay compatible)

Code:
    for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -c:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -b:v 500k -x264opts nal-hrd=vbr:vbv-bufsize=2500:vbv-maxrate=2500 -c:a copy "%%~na.mp4"  

pause
    Quote Quote  
  21. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, thanks for chiming in, PDR

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I'm assuming the videos have the same structure (that the streams are numbered the same) , otherwise you might get the wrong video (the speaker instead of the whiteboard)
    Yes, and that's the exact reason why I recommended demuxing into "simpler" MKVs before the batch re-encode.

And just for the notes --- the OP is "lucky" to have this problem now, and not "sometime before May of 2013"
    (when neither ffmpeg nor FFMS2 had support for «VfW-in-MKV» ---
    --- not with VP6A or RealVideo, at least).
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 1st Nov 2013 at 08:49. Reason: details.....
    Quote Quote  
  22. thx guyz, can i really be greedy and ask u to include two things in ur script? can the script include all the mkv in the subfolders? and if it's not too much hassle, can the script delete every mkv after it's done?
    Quote Quote  
  23. I don't know how to do recursive subfolders. IIRC jagabo posted one recently, PM him for help

I don't recommend deleting originals .... ever (maybe you want to include the speaker in the future ? maybe there is a compatibility issue, maybe your android breaks and you need another encoding profile these videos will no longer play on that new device...etc....)

But I think you add before pause

del *.mkv
    Quote Quote  
  24. ok, no deleting, how do i pm jagabo?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Here is the post . Just click on his name and it will give you a Private Message option
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/358726-M4a-to-WAV-converter?p=2266162&viewfull=1#post2266162
    Quote Quote  

26. dir/b/s *.m4a >m4alist.txt
    for /F "delims=;" %%F in (m4alist.txt) do "g:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%F" -f wav -ac 2 "%%~dF%%~pF%%~nF.wav"
    del m4alist.txt
    This is from his batch file

Looks like he parses the directory structure for all filetypes .m4a , and makes a temporary list, uses that list to batch process, then deletes that list . Nice .

You have to modify it a bit . I don't have time today to figure it out today, but it's definitely something that would be useful to learn. PMing him will be quicker
    Quote Quote  
  27. ok it wasn't that bad. Jagabo did the heavy lifting

I have no idea what the dF pF etc...stand for, one day I'll learn dos, but it looks harder than calculus LOL

Code:
    dir/b/s *.mkv >mkv.txt

for /F "delims=;" %%F in (mkv.txt) do "ffmpeg.exe"  -i "%%F" -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -c:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -b:v 500k -x264opts nal-hrd=vbr:vbv-bufsize=2500:vbv-maxrate=2500 -c:a copy "%%~dF%%~pF%%~nF.mp4"

del mkv.txt
    Quote Quote  
  28. Yes, that's from this thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/358726-M4a-to-WAV-converter?p=2266162&viewfull=1#post2266162

Deleting the original files could be done with a second "for..." line. But doing so would be very dangerous. If the remux fails the new file will be useless (or nonexistent) and your source file will be gone. A better way would be to call a second batch file for each source file and within that batch file test for success on the ffmpeg call. Only delete the source file on a successful remux. But even that is dangerous. ffmpeg may succeed in remuxing but have muxed the wrong streams. You'll be left without the original file.

I recommend you just use Explorer to delete the source files after you've verified all your new files are ok. Search for *.mkv (from the base folder), select them all, and delete.
    Quote Quote  
  29. thx, but plz use the second script that he posted, and not the first:

for %%a in ("*.mkv") do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -c:v libx264 -profile:v baseline -b:v 500k -x264opts nal-hrd=vbr:vbv-bufsize=2500:vbv-maxrate=2500 -c:a copy "%%~na.mp4" pause

Edit: u did, thx a lot, thx guyz for all ur replies, i will let u know how this goes, thx
    Last edited by UnD3R0aTh; 1st Nov 2013 at 09:38.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I have no idea what the dF pF etc...stand for
    %%~dF = drive letter (of the filename that was passed)
    %%~pF = path (folders)
    %%~nF= file name (not including the extension)

The sequence builds the drive letter, path, and file name without the extension -- so that a new extension can be appended.
    Quote Quote