VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am not by no means "Versed" in the hacking/cracking video content. In trying to watch "White House Down" (on my PS3)) Ten plus minutes when it is getting my full attention, this dreadful GREY message appears with sound muted (Code 3) it irks me to no end. Pausing the movie to a s l o w 30 second count and moving the frame a couple of times only allow me to watch for about a minute before this code is back. First, is this problem only visible to Sony products i.e. PS3?

A little "Brain Fart" if you please. When Disney invoked a copying scheme to prevent what people are doing, the audio tract on the dvd/vcr, to the far left, and the video would be "off Center" causing the video to continuously fade from a clear picture to an extremely bright then to an extremely dark picture thus causing the "Copy" version of the movie useless. If you have a video editor that will display (In 'STORYBOARD' mode,) then maybe an answer can be found to produce a "good" copy to watch WITHOUT that Code 3 message. Please let me know :!
    Last edited by teesimmons14k; 21st Oct 2013 at 23:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You are mistaking Cinavia (what you experienced in your first paragraph = digital steganography/watermarking) vs. Macrovision (analog AGC confuser). 2 different types of technology, 2 different eras. Neither can be used as a guide with which to alleviate the other.

Want to watch your "White House Down"? Try not using WAREZ/Bootlegs (it doesn't come out on DVD or Blu-Ray til Nov 5th).

Items that aren't warez but have Cinavia can be bypasses by NOT using devices like PS3.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    DVDRanger CinEx will disguise the audio so that the Cinavia detection routine in your player is not triggered. Unfortunately, it will degrade the sound a fair amount. The current version is much improved over the original one that I tested, but it is still not good enough for most people. I ran some test encodes, including one from a blu ray with Cinavia. http://club.myce.com/f32/examination-dvdranger-cinex-334043/

There is a small clip where you can listen to the sound it produces.

They are still working on it, and I need to try the latest version that I downloaded a few days ago. But I doubt they will ever get it to the point I will be able to stand it. I'd prefer to simply not use equipment that honors the Cinavia trigger.

Oh, and there are a few dozen movies with Cinavia now...you might have chosen one for this discussion that has been officially released.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually it depends what country your in, Some countries did release it, The good old USA is usually the last one for releases.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    Actually it depends what country your in, Some countries did release it, The good old USA is usually the last one for releases.
    Which countries, and was it a legally authorized release? I'm pretty sure if this movie was available for sale on disc somewhere else first, then the discs are bootlegs. The movie was just released for theaters in some countries not too long ago.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 22nd Oct 2013 at 13:33. Reason: left out a word
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can't remember the site where I found it but will look for it, Can't say for sure if it's a legal copy but if they are bluray or dvd rips then you would think they are legal copys, But I can't say for sure about bootlegs as I don't get into that stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can't remember the site where I found it but will look for it, Can't say for sure if it's a legal copy but if they are bluray or dvd rips then you would think they are legal copys, But I can't say for sure about bootlegs as I don't get into that stuff.
    Blu-ray rips and DVD rips can be made from bootleg discs or copies stolen from the pressing plant/warehouse, and if you "don't get into that stuff", what are you doing looking at rips online?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 22nd Oct 2013 at 13:38.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It was released in Russia and Japan today(Oct.22) according to Blueray.com. Advance copies are always available so BR downloads are available. I just looked at Pirate Bay and dozens of BR downloads are available.
    Last edited by wulf109; 22nd Oct 2013 at 14:11.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    DVDRanger CinEx will disguise the audio so that the Cinavia detection routine in your player is not triggered. Unfortunately, it will degrade the sound a fair amount. The current version is much improved over the original one that I tested, but it is still not good enough for most people. I ran some test encodes, including one from a blu ray with Cinavia.
    Here's a thought, this adding noise to confuse cinavia is a good idea, then why not make a device (hardware or software) that mixes in that same noise 180° out of phase and place it at the output of the player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Advance copies are available to select private parties (production crew, press), but distribution of those advance copies is ALWAYS forbidden. So that makes it WAREZ.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Blu-ray rips and DVD rips can be made from bootleg discs or copies stolen from the pressing plant/warehouse, and if you "don't get into that stuff", what are you doing looking at rips online?
    Who said I was looking at rips online?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    DVDRanger CinEx will disguise the audio so that the Cinavia detection routine in your player is not triggered. Unfortunately, it will degrade the sound a fair amount. The current version is much improved over the original one that I tested, but it is still not good enough for most people. I ran some test encodes, including one from a blu ray with Cinavia.
    Here's a thought, this adding noise to confuse cinavia is a good idea, then why not make a device (hardware or software) that mixes in that same noise 180° out of phase and place it at the output of the player.
    The main component for masking cinavia is reverb.
    Also used is EQ attenuation on the high and low frequencies.
    DVDRanger is also using a limiter.

I have tried to remix the "unprocessed" original back in with a "doctored" file...everytime I have done this, the cinavia is detected.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Stolen from the pressing plant or warehouse, Then this must have been going on for a long time, Security must not be very good but at least now we know where there coming from.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM

Who said I was looking at rips online?
    You did. If not then explain what you meant when you wrote:

because it sure sounds like you were presenting the existence of Blu-Ray and DVD rips for the movie on some website as evidence that there were already legal copies available somewhere. BTW those rips would be warez even if made from purchased discs.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Said I saw somewhere the movie was released in another country as wulf109 stated, But I didn't say I saw it on a torrent or bootleg site, And as I said before that I can't tell if they are legal copies of DVD or Blu-Rays from another country, Sorry about the confusion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No. The release date given on that webpage is November 27, which is after the US release date.
    Quote Quote