VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. ok using adobe premiere cs3 to edit. When i first started, tried exporting with that but didnt like any of the codecs.. it would make it more pixelated. Didnt like that adobe media encoder. So what I do is use the lagarith lossless codec that looks like uncompressed but is smaller and save that as an avi. Then use virtualdub with this x264vfw h264 codec to save it as an avi and looks really close to uncompressed. So works fine for youtube at 1080p can get it done.

Whats going on now is looking into this digital distribution service and you can only choose from certain specs. Like you cant have avi and cant use h264.

Here's their guidelines:

Pay Close Attention To The Following

•Max peak audio no greater than -10dbFS
    •Include a 5 second slate
    •Include 2 seconds of black before the video starts
    •Please include at least 2 frames of black at the end of the video and no more than 1 second
    •Closed Captioning is required for all FINAL deliveries
    •Include a blank, safety caption at the start of the video
    •Black levels: 0 IRE for HD / 7.5 IRE for SD
    •Ensure broadcast safe chroma levels (below 120 IRE)
    •NO Audio peaks
    •NO Slate information / graphics on the music video itself
    •NO Mono audio files or tracks (watch your output settings)
    •NO Bars & tone
    •NO Anamorphic videos for (SD)
    •NO Variable bit rates (VBR)
    •NO Variable frame rates
    •NO Lower/bottom field dominance
    •NO H.264 masters (yet)

Final Broadcast Master Upload Specifications
    HD
    Codec: XDCAM HD422 1080i60 CBR
    XDCAM HD422 1080p30 CBR
    MPEG-2
    DNxHD (Advertising Only)
    ProRes 422 1080 30p (Advertising Only)
    ProRes 422 1080 60i (Advertising Only)

Video Bit Rate: 50 Mbits/s (ProRes & DNxHD exempt)
    Frame Rate: 29.97/59.94
    Dropframe: Yes
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    Width/Height: 1920x1080
    Chroma: 4:2:2
    Interlacing: 1080i (Upper/top field first)
    1080p (Progressive)
    Audio Type: PCM Audio/SMPTE 302M
    Audio Sample Rate: 48kHz
    Audio Bit Depth: 16, 24

ok.. so sounds like this XDCAM HD422 is mac. So that pretty much leaves me with MPEG-2. I use the adobe media encoder and set it to this 50mbps cbr. Then for audio use pcm 16 bit 48khz. It has to be pcm, it cant be mpeg audio. Then i go to export and it goes to start then get a popup message saying "audio codec selected is not compatible with this multiplexing mode. Please change the selection."

So you go back and look at the multiplexing tab. It was mpeg2 and that didnt work so tried selecting other stuff.. DVD.. Go to export.. pop up message "total video and audio bitrate (51536000.000 bps) exceeds maximum allowable bitrate (10080000.000 bps) for DVD type of muxing." Multiplexing TS. That only lets you save as an .m2t file type, not mpg. Multiplexing none goes to save as m2v, which also exports a wav audio file that goes along with it when you play the m2v. I dont think these guys allow bundled up crap. Its gotta be an mpg i'm guessing.

I gotta figure something out here and stuck.
    Quote Quote  
  2. so i look at trying to export as quicktime in the adobe media encoder. Can't use H264 codec they say.. so here's the codecs I got.

apple animation
    apple BMP
    apple cinepak
    apple component video - YUV422
    apple DV - PAL
    apple DV/DVCPRO - NTSC
    apple DVCPRO - PAL
    apple graphics
    apple H.261
    apple MPEG4 compressor
    apple motion JPEG A
    apple motion JPEG B
    apple None
    apple PNG
    apple photo - JPEG
    apple planar RGB
    apple TGA
    apple TIFF
    apple video
    H.263
    H.264
    JPEG 2000 encoder
    sorenson video 3 compressor
    sorenson video(TM) compressor
    techsmith EnSharpen

Doesnt sound like i can pull this off with a .mov file.. hmm.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by coolhotfun View Post
    ok.. so sounds like this XDCAM HD422 is mac.
    Wrong, wrong wrong. XDCam is a Sony broadcast format, has nothing to do with mac.

But let me make it easy for you, your version of AME (CS3) does not support XDCam output. It also does not support MPEG2 streams with PCM Audio.

You can't get there from here. You have to upgrade or choose a different route.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can mux the MPEG and PCM on your own.
    Just not in AME.
    Shouldn't really be a problem.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. If upgrading isn't an option , then a free method would be to take the lagarith export and encode it with ffmbc

http://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/wiki/XDCAMHD422Encoding
    Quote Quote  
  6. Don't forget DebugMode Frameserver. I've used it to encode Premiere Pro projects with the codec of my choice and to do additional post processing with AviSynth.

http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the tips on this one. Um, any sort of computerized text that you'd have to add in some sort of html code string type program is a bit too complicated. There's no simple muxing program you'd run like a normal windows program. With these text things seems like you could easily screw up the file and dont know if its ok. Somebody would have to talk me thru it with exactly the type of input text you'd need to enter.

There's gotta be some sort of options here.. where i can take that lossless lagarith avi and add the wav then convert it to what they allow. Seems like these guys prefer XDCAM HD422 1080i60 CBR but say I can send an mpeg2. But sounds like this mpg can only be VBR which isnt allowed cause they say cbr. Sucks cause asked them about this they say they cant help me out but i can pay 100 bucks a tune to submit a track for them to convert. For that it could be h264 but would have to be at least a bitrate over 30Mbit/s.

So what do i have to upgrade to get it done here.. like i gotta upgrade premiere then it might be able to output some sorta correct file? What do i gotta buy?

Is there no way to do this with mpg with some other type of program? Like can't i export something with premiere?

What kind of file types are these guys talking about anyways. Looking up this XDCAM HD 422, i see these mxf, imx. I dont know anything about that. Can't you just export a .mov file with this stuff? Really starting to burn me out all this crap and sounds like its gonna cost me 100 bucks a song for them to convert it, meanwhile all i gotta do is export some type of file with some type of program. Come on ya guys.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 17th Oct 2013 at 20:17.
    Quote Quote  
  8. XDCAMHD422 is a standard common format . Just about every modern pro editing program can export it . It's just 50Mb/s CBR MPEG2, 4:2:2 subsampled, with a fixed GOP length. It can come in either MXF, MOV, MP4 containers . You should ask the station what they prefer (Mac based stations usually prefer MOV wrapped XDCAM and hate MXF)

Are you sure it's not an export option in CS3? It says in wikipedia XDCAM import & editing was added to v3.2.0 update (not sure if this includes export )
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Premiere_Pro

If it's easier for you, one option is to download a trial version of Adobe Premiere , Sony Vegas, Avid Media Composer etc... just about any recent pro editing software and export it as a one shot deal. You can learn the command line stuff another day if you're adverse to that
    Quote Quote  
  9. Looking at one of their tutorial videos, looks like they're using final cut pro, which i think is mac only. And they're exporting .mov files. The help guy was saying well you can use mpeg2. They never talked about file types. Sounds like .mpg is bad because the audio has to be VBR. I think this mp4 is h264 codec?

Probably gonna get kicked off the forum, but i'm using premiere cs3 that i got off bit torrent and ran a crack. I cant afford to buy things cause i deliver the newspaper for 25 cents a delivery. Can barely manage to pay rent and car payments. Do you have any idea how much i gotta run around to make a dollar.. picture parking your car, getting out, going in a stinky apt block, going up 3 flights of stairs. And then walking back down stairs which your knees cant handle.. then back in the car. ok you get 25 cents for that. ok so i cant afford to buy things like thousand dollar software.

So you're saying if i'd upgrade premiere there'd be some sort of export option that might be able to handle this. Looked on the pirate bay and sounds like there's a 5.5 but all the comments dont look good. Tough enough to just be able to figure out how to run this cs3 and photoshop is cs2. They're old programs but i got the hang of them. Sounds like if you'd try and get the cs5.5 seem some guy mention that it screwed up his old versions. So things are running good now and dont wanna mess with my photoshop or premiere.

Back then i tried sony vegas and i didnt like it. That avid tried that and really didnt like it. I gotta stick with the premiere here. My version says 3.0.0. What you're saying is that just a bit later of an update it had this XDCAM capability. Seen some guy mention the version 4 in that 5.5 thread.. maybe that might work. I really dont like running that stuff cause it could set off alarms and might not be able to run it at all if you screw up and then would have to erase your hard drive. Not in the mood for that right now.

Isnt there some kind of converting program that runs like a normal windows program where you see whats going on instead of this html text crap? Like jeez.. i should be able to input this 1920x1080 lagarith avi with pcm 16bit 48khz wav and output a .mov like what they require. Come on ya guys help out the hobbling pirate. lol yar matey!
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 17th Oct 2013 at 21:32.
    Quote Quote  
  10. You've really been given the full range of options here. Broadcast standards have little leeway.

I would recommend downloading the free trial of Sorenson Squeeze or Adobe Media Encoder CC (part of Premiere CC). They can output the proper formats. So can Avid and Vegas Pro. You can do this legally.
    Quote Quote  
  11. trials arent gonna work though.. dont they have watermarks or expire.. cause i'll have to submit tunes to them later. Gotta turn to the dark side.. gonna try and go for that 5.5 tomorrow. If you dont hear from me its cause i had to erase my hard drive. Going to bed now.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hard time trying to go to sleep. So what was that help guy talking about with this MPEG2 option up there. From their codecs, it looks like you got the choice of either

XDCAM HD422 1080p30 CBR
    MPEG-2

ok so MPEG-2.. what file type is that, .mpg? Cause i tried that and it also says it has to be CBR.. but apparently to be able to export an mpg it doesnt allow you to do it cbr it would have to be vbr and they say thats not allowed. So what are they talking about allowable codecs of MPEG-2.. like what sort of file type would i export? is that like mp4? isnt mp4 h264? What the hell here with these guys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey man, don't panic. CBR just means "Constant Bit Rate". YOU pick a high enough bitrate so the playback is smooth. Depends how much fast motion is in the video. Fast changing frames need higher bitrate.

Go to the part with the most fast motion and render a short segment. Then adjust it up or down as needed, and boom, you got your optimal bitrate. Render the whole thing at that bitrate.

Ferget about everything else and concentrate on Mpeg2 and PCM audio. That's universal. Mpeg2 can be HD no problem.

Oh, I see they want 50 Mbps bitrate. So you're all set on that. No test renders required. Those guidelines are a piece of cake. Nothing you can't easily do.

If you get too flustered, drop a couple hun in my PayPal and DropBox me the media files. PM me.
    Last edited by budwzr; 18th Oct 2013 at 00:05.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by coolhotfun View Post
    trials arent gonna work though.. dont they have watermarks or expire..
    They don't have watermarks, they do expire (most are 30 days.) They're also the only tools that are going to allow you to make a "broadcast legal" master until you can learn the intricacies of ffmbc.

Paying Budwzr may be smart, because then if QC rejects it it's on HIS head.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by coolhotfun View Post
    Hard time trying to go to sleep. So what was that help guy talking about with this MPEG2 option up there. From their codecs, it looks like you got the choice of either

XDCAM HD422 1080p30 CBR
    MPEG-2

ok so MPEG-2.. what file type is that, .mpg? Cause i tried that and it also says it has to be CBR.. but apparently to be able to export an mpg it doesnt allow you to do it cbr it would have to be vbr and they say thats not allowed. So what are they talking about allowable codecs of MPEG-2.. like what sort of file type would i export? is that like mp4? isnt mp4 h264? What the hell here with these guys.

MPEG2 is the video compression

.mpg can mean mpeg2 program stream or mpeg2 transport stream . Usually it's a program stream

MP4 is a container (it can hold different types of video & audio compression)

h264 is a type of video compression

Do yourself a favor and use one of the programs mentioned that has an XDCAMHD422 preset . You're probably going to use the wrong chroma subsampling or GOP size and get rejected . "MPEG2" comes in different "flavours" . The typical one is 4:2:0, and will be rejected. That's the wrong type (e.g XDCAM-EX uses this, as do blu-ray, DVD)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @coolhotfun, you made it 1/2 way there already. Render your HD video out of PPCS3 using separate video=Lagarith (either RGB or YUV) AVI (like you have already done?) and audio=LPCM 2ch 16bit/48kHz WAV file.
    THEN, encode the Lags video using something like TMPGEncPlus ($37USD) to MPEG2. I just checked - it does allow XDCAM specs. I would have suggested HCEnc, but it ONLY does VBR, not CBR.

Then mux the MPEG2 video with the LPCM audio. This is kind of the hard part, because VERY FEW muxers will allow import of LPCM audio with MPEG2 video. Of those that do, the great majority are geared SOLELY for preparation for DVD authoring. I know Elecard's XMuxerLite ($59USD) can do it, though it only creates a PS with LPCM, not TS. Similarly, Manzanita's SPMux does the same (though I'm pretty sure it's more $$).

Good luck,
    Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 18th Oct 2013 at 14:37.
    Quote Quote  
  17. too much of a bad trip all this. So went and tried the premiere 5.5. That crack method was way too complicated. There was another one though where you replace a dll like what i had done in cs3. So tried that. I fire up the 5.5 and its like the 3.. thought there'd be all these miraculous export options. Wasnt even an MPEG2. I go to export as quicktime file, which i guess is a mov and naw.. no good options. Then notice this adobe media encoder is a standalone program so try that and naw.. nothing going on.

Meanwhile there's this effect filter that i actually bought a while ago, this video denoise.. that thing was good for reducting pixelization if you enlarge stuff. Well i go to install that in the 5.5 plugins folder and it doesnt show up in the effects/video options. Thought maybe it was old.. go to the site and download a more recent trial version. But same thing.. doesnt show up.

I noticed when it installs you gotta choose the plug-ins folder. Thats C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Plug-ins. But when you go look there, the denoise .prm is the only thing in there. The other .prm are in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Plug-ins\Common. So i uninstall the denoiser and try installing it in there. Still doesnt show up in the effects/video options to be able to run the program. Any ideas why this isnt installing properly?

If i can't run it, thats a deal breaker for 5.5 and emailed the guy asking what i can do. Good old bit-bucket email that could take a while to hear back from. He got back to me a while ago when i had a problem so i'll see, but odds arent looking good that i can run it. Not sure if its a 32bit or 64bit issue but if i ran the newer program from the site that has 64bit, well whatever. Sounds like i'm screwed and its so important that i have to go back to cs3. Meanwhile i was looking forward to this because the 5 is 64bit and that 3 i think its 32 bit which probably means it'd be slower.

But yeah not sure whats up with the no ability to be able to export mpg files.

That XDCAM HD422 if i look it up sounds like its for sony cameras. So i'm thinking maybe if i'd try the sony vegas it'd have some sort of export options using that codec.

Some guy up there is talking about. "You're probably going to use the wrong chroma subsampling or GOP size and get rejected ." I know.. its like these friggen options of GOP I had seen that, i'm there.. well what the hell kinda setting do i have to put for that. And then whats this chroma subsampling.

Really starting to get pissed off here with all this codec crap.

I gotta go try the sony vegas. I had tried that around the time i got cs3 and didnt like it. Its like i couldnt even grab the video and move it around. At least with premiere i could do stuff.. it seemed like it was static in the screen and you were stuck. I didnt like it cause i'm used to the adobe stuff and timeline. So what i'd do if i can get the vegas going is just use it to take a vid and export it to a mov with that codec.. but u know how things go, always get the runaround and guaranteed to always lose.

so yeah i'm gonna go try the vegas trial see what kind of export options. whoever said upgrading premiere would fix things.. bah hogwash to them.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 18th Oct 2013 at 18:55.
    Quote Quote  
  18. ok i got that video denoise filter going. Installed it in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Plug-ins\Common. But when i was going to check the effects filters, they got this new thing in 5 compared to 3 where it says accelerated effects icon above the effects folders, beside this 32 and yuv. It seems to expand all the folders at once. I like that cause before i'd have to go to each one to expand it. Well i'd click the accelerated one and it only shows those ones. Like if you click the 32 it'll only show those. So if i click accelerated its not showing the Video DeNoise. To view it i cant click accelerated so i have to manually expand each one. Tried uninstalling it and installing it in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Plug-ins and it worked.
    Quote Quote  
  19. is there any way to change the layout colors in premiere 5.5? I really don't like white letters on dark backgrounds. Thats like when you checkout websites where its a black background and they have white text. You look away you still see it with your eyes closed. cs3 had black text on a grey background. This isnt as bad as a black background with white letters but its still annoying. I'm guessing you can't change that?
    Quote Quote  
  20. that was fast.. in preferences/appearance there's a brightness slider and if you go brighter the text changes to black and still on grey background. Couldnt delete the post above.

Once i get this basic stuff sorted out then i'll checkout vegas. Installed it and took a quick look and dont think there's a XDCAM HD422 codec but i'll look into it more later. Wouldnt surprise me though, cause always lose and always gotta get the runaround.
    Quote Quote  
  21. in premiere 5.5, the sequence settings... for video previews. That'd be like what it uses to render as you're working on stuff, like if you hit the spacebar on a section and it turns it green so it plays normally instead of stuttering. ok in cs3 i didnt like any of the codecs because they'd look like crap or take too long. I had got this "PICVideo M-JPEG 3". It is a Motion-JPEG codec (compressor/decompressor). It'd look ok and would render fast. Isnt an option in the codecs anymore.

Before starting a project, the default was DV (24p Advanced), i think and it was 24fps. I work on my stuff at 30fps. so choose DV NTSC. Now in this project i'm testing out that clip i been talking about. But i make the stuff at 854x480, 30fps. To get it to 1920x1080 i'll use virtualdub and also change it to 29.97 and do the x264fvw. And i'd also have the audio part load up an mp3 or wav from another file that i'd fix up in sound forge. So thats how i'd export it for youtube. Anyways.. i open up this clip and that preset codec isnt the dv ntsc but its got this "intel IYUV codec" selected. How come it changed it?

I click codecs and it shows..
    DV (24p Advanced)
    DV NTSC
    DV PAL (greyed out)
    intel IYUV codec
    intel IYUV codec
    lagarith lossless codec
    microsoft RLE
    microsoft video 1
    uncompressed UYVY 422 8 bit
    V210 10-bit YUV

looks like i lost some compared to cs3 but they were all crap. I really dont like any of their codecs so only export with lagarith. But i gotta pick something here cause it could take a while rendering stuff. What do you guys recommend, other than i pick up a 12 of beer to deal with all this crap.

did i lose all those old codecs because its now 64 bit and those were 32?

I guess i gotta test out each one and see how fast it takes to render something. hmm.. i dont like the looks of them and i dont wanna use lagarith cause its way too huge. That other i was using was making smaller files. hmm.. pick up a 12 i guess it is.

Testing stuff out.. these codecs are not cool. That DV ntsc seems like its anamorphic or something with it stretching horizontally flattening out the top. Using square pixels. And in the preview settings its locked 720x480. I'm making it 854x480.. maybe thats what it is. So that one's out. There's that intel IYUV but it takes just as long as lagarith. Think its uncompressed. Really starting to have enough of codecs here.

I cant be doing preview renders uncompressed. Gotta get some kind of preview codec like what I was doing with that "PICVideo M-JPEG 3". Where you install it then it shows up in the codecs. Had enough for today and gonna look around on the net like how i found that one. Really starting to have enough of it all here with this crap.

Tried using that "intel IYUV codec" for rendering previews. Don't know why there's two. Try selecting the first one and when i check again after it chooses the 2nd one. Hit the spacebar to render and it says

X. error compiling movie. Unknown error

So sounds like i can only use the lagarith. hmm.. oh well eh.. This might make me go back to the cs3. I cant be waiting that long to render previews.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 18th Oct 2013 at 21:05.
    Quote Quote  
  22. looked for an updated version of that codec.. downloaded PICVideo M-JPEG 4, says its 64bit. Installed it. Rebooted. Fired up premiere. Don't see it in the codec options for video previews file format avi.

Found this "Morgan M-JPEG codec" and also has another file where you can have premiere 5.5 presets at the start before you begin a project. In the video previews section there was a codec for it above avi. That picvideo one didnt have it. So i'll be trying this out tomorrow.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 19th Oct 2013 at 00:28.
    Quote Quote  
  23. was comparing preview render times and that "Morgan M-JPEG codec" takes just as long as lossless lagarith. Anybody got any ideas here for a fast rendering preview codec i can download somewhere? it can be a demo with watermark cause its only for previews. Looking at the preview files folder.. for a 30sec clip, the lagarith is 539mb and the morgan is 450mb. No difference in time. Better off just keeping the lossless one if there's not that much difference in speed or size. That other one i used to have, "PICVideo M-JPEG 3" would go about twice as quick as the lagarith and look close. So ya guys.. any ideas here for a fast preview codec?
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 19th Oct 2013 at 05:01.
    Quote Quote  
  24. ok so i tested a 15sec clip of the source file i was talking about. The original stuff i make is 854x480, 30fps and lagarith codec avi. If i try and edit stuff 1920x1080 its too big and slow takes too long to do anything and it stutters. Plus stuff i'm using it'll be zoomed in things from other clips. Enlarging it that much pixelates it too much. So better to make it that size then zoom up the whole thing. I dont like that 29.97 thing, it seems odd so i use 30fps.

Open up the video in virtualdub and enlarge it to 1920x1080, convert the frame rate to 29.97. The audio was pcm 16 bit stereo, 48khz. Added that -10db audio wav file. Save it all as something close to what they're talking about, except the codec.

Open that up in the sony vegas pro 12 trial. I go to "render as" to export. Looking for something that's like those specs they suggested up there. "XDCAM HD422 1080i60 CBR". The only output option i could find that was something close was sony mxf. Looked in mov but you have to use some of these regular bad windows codecs. Could get it close in mov but had to use some codec on it and it wasnt near this one. The mxf one was closer.

So back to the mxf output render as. The template was "HD422 1920x1080-60i 50 Mbps". Field order, upper field first. Video quality: high, maxed out slider says 31. Bit rate 50 Mbps CBR. Profile: 422.

Audio: 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, PCM
    Video: 29.970 fps, 1920x1080 Upper field first, MPEG HD422
    Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.000.

I output that and there's no video player that'll view it. Its 97mb for a 15 sec clip. I open it up in media player classic and its black screen audio only. But i can get properties details while its open in that. Doesnt seem to play right though.. its saying its 2 mono tracks. Its not sounding stereo. Halfway thru at 9sec it goes silent. I need a damn media player that can play this mxf file. Here's the properties info.

Format : MXF
    Commercial name : XDCAM HD422
    Format profile : OP-1a
    Format settings : Closed / Complete
    File size : 94.9 MiB
    Duration : 15s 48ms
    Overall bit rate : 52.9 Mbps
    Encoded date : 2013-10-19 16:40:13.000
    Writing application : SONY Vegas 12.0.0.726
    Writing library : SONY Vegas 12.0.0.726
    Video
    ID : 2
    Format : MPEG Video
    Commercial name : XDCAM HD422
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : 4:2:2@High
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame
    Bit rate : 50.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : Component
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.805
    Stream size : 89.7 MiB (95%)
    Delay_SDTI : 0
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
    Audio #1
    ID : 3
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame (AES)
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 1.38 MiB (1%)
    Audio #2
    ID : 4
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame (AES)
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 1.38 MiB (1%)

Seems like its getting close to what they're talking about. I need a player that can handle the thing to see that its not all screwed up. However.. in their tutorial video they were exporting .mov files with that codec. I dont think you can send them mxf files cause then they'll say its gotta be mov and they'll charge you 100 bucks to convert it. Can't do it in vegas. Can maybe look for some kind of mxf to mov converter. Tried a couple programs but they all compress things for the mov. Any ideas out there guys?

burned out, i'm going to bed.

Try and open this mxf in premiere.. but first you have to make a project with some kind of settings.. i choose the 1920x1080 square pixels, 29.97fps. It doesnt view video, its just audio. I try and drag that into the timeline, its 2 tracks. Sounds like 2 mono. Shouldnt it be 1 stereo? Maybe thats the way it does it, i dont know. hmm.. i'll have to deal with this later. Gonna be picking up some beer yet, i bet.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 19th Oct 2013 at 12:01.
    Quote Quote  
  25. That's the idea!

VLC will play the files. Or you can always reimport them into Vegas to check them out.

I don't see in their specs that .mov is required. Given what they will accept i would be very surprised if your OP-1a .mxf is not acceptable, it is a very common XDCamHD configuration. You can always call them and ask.

You may run into other issues since you are uprezing SD content. Also whether you like 29.97 or not, that is the industry standard and your footage may show ugly blending artifacts if you choose 30 instead.

But, from a codec perspective, you are doing it right.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they'd kick it. it has dual mono which is not acceptable.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  27. well wtf.. if i open the mxf in vegas, it shows up as a normal stereo file. So whats going on wrong that it'd show dual mono? That might just be media player classic that's interpreting it incorrectly. Its showing a black screen, so dont trust the other info. It was just to try and see some sort of properties.

Really starting to have enough of this and getting really close to looking into buying a used mac or something. I'd have to like work for a couple years first though and it'd be like 100,000 paperboy deliveries. Cause anything i make just goes to survive so i can save up about 10 bucks a month.
    Quote Quote  
  28. oh, that other guy.. no virtualdub does a good job of converting 30fps to 29.97. Screwups like that would be if you selected to just change the frame rate. You gotta go to the frame rate conversion section. I've taken files with odd frame rates and export them as 30fps and encode with lagarith before i edit stuff.

About that other stuff you were wondering about, i mailed them info of whats up with getting close, and asked them what happens with people who use windows.. what sort of file types do they send. But you know those guys its all mac and they dont like windows guys. Like that premiere crap is a big fail with any of this. What a fiasco.
    Quote Quote  
  29. i gotta go to bed here.. burning right out. So yeah looking into trying to convert mxf to mov but there's always some type of squirrely encoding its gotta do.. cant it just be like that but a mov.. Those damn mono files bug me as well. Must pick up beer somewhere in all this but been up all nite working and stuff. Past few days since trying to tackle this mess, probably averaging 4 hours sleep a day. And bad sleep too cause you wake up in a fever confused about codecs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it you post that 15 second clip maybe someone could sort the settings. i think you can attach up to a 100mb file here or post a link to it at a file sharing site.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote