VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. oh that guy was wondering about upscaling it from 854x480 to 1920x1080 and might look bad. Well my stuff isnt normal video. Its like abstract stuff. I'll take some clips and stack them one on another and interact in compound arithmetic with things like difference, exclusion etc to get like psychedelic, thermal sorta stuff. Kinda smooth things out with that video denoise cause sometimes you'll zoom in on bits of clips you download from youtube. But effects are so jacked up you cant tell where its from. So many colors moving around.. And yeah in youtube the 1080p looks clear but 360p sure takes a beating. haha.

I'll think of posting a clip but uh, i dont wanna reveal the band name cause i dont wanna tarnish the brand. Cause right now if ya look it up you wont find my opinion about anything.. and surely dont want crap like this thread showing up. um.. yeah i'll uh, go to bed and look about posting that 15sec mxf clip on some kinda hosting or something and maybe somebody can see if its stereo or mono. But i cant even play it in a player so i dunno. i gotta go to bed and i really do need to pick up beer because of all this but i gotta work every night so cant even fit in time to drink about it all. Plus cant afford it either.. all that drinking the past year is money i coulda had for this blown out winter tire i gotta get fixed before it snows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh, ok. Now all the bumps and the tangential shit and the ignoring good advice now have a clear, common factor.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, let us take a peek.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Oh, ok. Now all the bumps and the tangential shit and the ignoring good advice now have a clear, common factor.

Scott
    Hahaha
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll bling that basterd up for you. OK, Gratis then! Your post(s) stress(es) me out.
    Last edited by budwzr; 19th Oct 2013 at 17:29.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From my observations, the bar for broadcast standards has been lowered quite a bit. The video they broadcast from youtubby is sheiza making most of us here look like geniuses.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    From my observations, the bar for broadcast standards has been lowered quite a bit. The video they broadcast from youtubby is sheiza making most of us here look like geniuses.
    Yeah, but you'll notice that whenever the big boys broadcast this stuff there's always a frame around it or a stylish bug to remind the viewers, "This isn't ours. Our stuff looks better than this." And they do legalize it.

Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Your post(s) stress(es) me out.
    Look at it this way budwzr, he can always pick up a few extra bucks writing gloomy, self-absorbed graphic novels.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I like the CBS bug. It's a very simple one, but it has gravitas.
    Last edited by budwzr; 20th Oct 2013 at 01:41.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If your lagarith AVI already has the proper 2ch, single audio track multiplexed in the AVI , it's a simple 1 liner

1) download ffmbc.exe and place a copy in the directory of the lagarith video to be converted . (or you can use full filenames and paths in the command line separated by quotations)

line, or set an environment variable.)

2) open a command prompt and enter the following (you can copy /paste) , but modify the filename to match yours instead of "input.avi"

(If you don't know how to open a command prompt, use Google , there are websites that show you step by step with screenshots)

I'm assuming you exported the AVI at 1920x1080i29.97 (interlaced, top field first)

Code:
    ffmbc -i input.avi -tff -target xdcamhd422 -acodec copy output.mov
    If you want to get technical, you should do a Rec709 conversion to YUV from RGB (Rec601 will be typically be done here and colors will be slightly off) .

If you did the original in older versions of premiere like CS3-CS4, it doesn't do HD colorspace conversions correctly between YUV<=>RGB - it uses Rec601 matrix instead of Rec709. The exception was when using v210

So if you exported lagarith in RGB mode , or YUY2 in Pre CS5/6/CC use this instead:

Code:
    ffmbc -i input.avi -tff -target xdcamhd422 -vf colormatrix=bt601:bt709 -acodec copy output.mov
    Or if you're happy with the MXF that you have , you can just re-wrap it to MOV with ffmbc / ffmpeg

Code:
    ffmbc -i input.mxf -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mov
    Quote Quote  
  10. i will definitely keep that in mind about how to pull it off with the ffmbc. I was thinking about that, if somebody could just figure out the code line that i'd have to do. Its a bit much right now, ya know what i mean.. but i'd have to look at it later. Cause if i'd try this, i wouldnt know if the output file was correct or what it looked like. So many things that could be screwed up with this.

That color matrix stuff is a bit too complicated for right now.

ok.. so i was trying to make a new .mxf but i gotta test out this "broadcast colors" effect in the premiere. That line they mention of "Ensure broadcast safe chroma levels (below 120 IRE)" ok well in that broadcast colors thing i see the 120 IRE.

so i go to drop it in the timeline to add the effect and there's 2 sections to it. Reduce luminace or saturation. If i'd choose one it'd bring down the maxed colors. If i'd drag a 2nd set of the broadcast color effect to choose the other one to make sure i got them both then it does nothing extra. So i just have it set to the default luminace ntsc.

They talked about this black level thing. "Black levels: 0 IRE for HD " did a search in the help for black levels and the only place that has it is the color correctors and they'd have this "auto black levels" button but i'd put it and it'd do nothing. Thought oh maybe i gotta change the blackness level to something way off then if i'd do it, maybe i'd see it do something. Well it does nothing. I'm hoping that broadcast colors would fix any black levels cause i dont see no IRE levels for any black setting.

For now though i'll just make a new mxf like i had done before but this time with the broadcast safe colors. Cause this stuff i make is totally over saturated cause i like bright colors. lol. Chromatic i think they call the abstract art.

ok so i'm gonna go work on looking for somewhere to upload that 15sec mxf clip somewhere but yeah thought i'd ask about that broadcast colors thing cause that help guy had mentioned "broadcast safe colors" but dont see the word safe anywhere in there.. in their tutorial on the final cut i seen thats what its called there so maybe thats what it is in premiere. ok i'll be back later. wanted to try and go back to bed but couldnt so i'm playing around with this.

[later edit] so i'm trying to export in this damn premiere 5.5 and its different with the export. Something's different.. The audio part, the "audio interleave" is at 0. Think it used to be 1 in cs3. What the hell number do i put this at? Gonna just try leaving it at 0. Think it'll redo some interleave when i export it in virtualdub.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 20th Oct 2013 at 00:25.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ok might have uploaded it.

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/74785926/file.html

file name: HD422_1920X1080-60i_50Mbps__pcm_16bit_stereo_48khz-10db_broadcast_colors.mxf

enter in the captcha and click download below that. Watch the bad ads below all that section. Think i mighta had a popup window saying my flash was out of date but the http numbers sure didnt look like adobe so red flags there and beware of the zippyshare. lol.

let me know if the audio is showing up as 2 mono tracks. If i open it up in vegas shows stereo with the video.
    The contents, about the tune.. well the whole thing is 7min and its made up of 7, 1min tracks. Not gonna say keywords that are going on in the tune cause then this thread could show up in search engines. um.. i gotta go to work. late a bit actually.

oh.. if i open up the mxf in media player classic, heres that info.. like before but i redit it with the broadcast colors, eh.

Format : MXF
    Commercial name : XDCAM HD422
    Format profile : OP-1a
    Format settings : Closed / Complete
    File size : 94.4 MiB
    Duration : 14s 982ms
    Overall bit rate : 52.8 Mbps
    Encoded date : 2013-10-20 04:41:26.000
    Writing application : SONY Vegas 12.0.0.726
    Writing library : SONY Vegas 12.0.0.726
    Video
    ID : 2
    Format : MPEG Video
    Commercial name : XDCAM HD422
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : 4:2:2@High
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame
    Bit rate : 50.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : Component
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:2
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.805
    Stream size : 89.3 MiB (95%)
    Delay_SDTI : 0
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
    Audio #1
    ID : 3
    Format : PCM
    Format settings, Endianness : Little
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame (AES)
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 768 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 1.37 MiB (1%)
    Audio #2
    ID : 4
    Format_Settings_Wrapping : Frame (AES)

and we gotta hurry up about all this cause who knows how long that vegas trial is gonna last. i'll go to fire it up, it'll say, expired. So i gotta figure this out soon. Gonna be looking into that stuff that guy was talking about with those command lines and that program next.
    Quote Quote  
  12. hey that Rec709 conversion stuff.. do i still have to do that now that i'm exporting from premiere 5.5? so then all i'd need to do is the more simple mxf conversion to mov. I'll look into running that from those instructions when i get up later.
    Quote Quote  
  13. ok i was able to run that ffmbc. At first i put it in my C drive but after trying to run the command prompt it was going c:\users\my username\ So i moved the ffmbc in there. Had the mxf from before put it in a new folder and ran this in the command prompt.

ffmbc -i "C:\Users\my usename\Desktop\New folder\input.mxf" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "C:\Users\my username\Desktop\New folder\output.mov"

Then it started outputting the mov file. Went to go open it with quicktime but it forwarded me to some codecs page.

I open it up in vegas and it shows up as no video and a mono audio file. Open it up in media player classic and this is the info i get.

Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : QuickTime
    Codec ID : qt
    File size : 92.0 MiB
    Overall bit rate : 51.5 Mbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2013-10-20 10:39:50
    Tagged date : UTC 2013-10-20 10:39:50
    Writing application : FFmbc 0.7
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : m2v1
    Codec ID : m2v1
    Bit rate : 50.7 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.816
    Stream size : 90.6 MiB (98%)
    Language : English
    Color primaries : BT.709-2, SMPTE 274M, SMPTE 296M
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709-2, SMPTE 170M, SMPTE 274M, SMPTE 293M, SMPTE 296M
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709-2, SMPTE 274M, SMPTE 296M
    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format settings, Sign : Signed
    Codec ID : sowt
    Language : English

I'd upload it but looks like something's wrong with it. Was the same mxf from above.. so not sure whats going on. I dont like the looks of it. This crap is taking a step backwards and i'm going to bed. lol. I think i'm gonna have to pay these guys 100 bucks to convert this rubbish. Just give me a file that i can play and see the properties off. Might have to send these guys a good old fashioned 1920x1080 h264 progressive scan 29.97fps, pcm 16bit stereo 48khz. Enough already.. starting to just have enough of all this. Here's the hundred bucks. Thats 400 newspaper deliveries. Thats a lot of getting in and out of a car, just because i cant figure out how to convert a friggen file. Plus this 'll have to be going on for each tune. meh. Seriously might have to buy a mac and final cut pro, just to be able to output a normal mov file that'll play normally, like they did in the tutorial video. DAMN WINDOWS!!!!!! I'm a windows guy, not a mac guy.. i dont wanna learn no new operating system.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 20th Oct 2013 at 06:56.
    Quote Quote  
  14. tried running the ffmbc on that 1920x1080 lagarith, 29.97 upper first, pcm 16bit stereo 48khz.

ffmbc -i "C:\Users\my username\Desktop\New folder\input.avi" -tff -target xdcamhd422 -acodec copy "C:\Users\my username\Desktop\New folder\output.mov"

starts running and get a few red lines.

FFmbc version 0.7-rc8
    copyright blah
    red line: [lagarith @ 0000000001c3f500] unsupported lagarith frame type: 0x5
    last message repeated 32 times
    red line: red line: [lagarith @ 0000000001c3f500] unsupported lagarith frame type: 0x4
    last message repeated 5 times
    input #0, avi, from 'c:users\my username\desktop\new folder\input.avi':
    duration: 00:00:09.97, bitrate: 57842 kb/s
    stream #0.0(und): video: lagarith, 1920x1080p, 29.97 fps
    stream #0.1(und): audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s
    red line: [buffer @ 000000000404e750] invalid pixel format string '-1'
    error opening filters!

not sure whats up.. like my 854x480 source file is lagarith codec, 30fps and progressive scan. So in premiere when i exported it, exported an 854x480 lagarith 29.97, upper fields first. Then in virtualdub enlarged it to 1920x1080 with lagarith codec, then add the audio from forge that i resampled the usual 44khz files i work with, to 48khz plus lowered the volume -10db. I dont trust these other programs to enlarge stuff because in the resize filter i go to absolute pixels and choose 1080 and in that other side it puts 1921.5 Then in the framing options below that, choose letterbox crop to side then put 1920x1080. It does a good job resizing and not sure about other programs cause sometimes when you resize stuff it sucks.

That ffmbc error though why did it put 1920x1080p, wouldnt it be 1080i if it was interlaced upper fields. Not sure what this error was. Either way, i'm done and i'm going to bed. Sounds like i'm gonna have to pay these guys to convert this crap. At least that way i can send them a file that i can play and see whats going on and that it says its a friggen stereo file. Enough already. Unless somebody can figure this out, i'm really starting to have enough of this rubbish.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Quicktime on windows cannot play anything MPEG2 - you need the MPEG2 plugin for quicktime. Don't use quicktime to test anything on windows, use something else like VLC

You're almost there - The error is because ffmbc hasn't been compiled with lagarith support (it's not as up to date as ffmpeg binaries, but is more geared for professional use), all the other messages are not relevant because the 1st frame isn't even decoded . You can use another codec that ffmbc has support for instead from vdub (e.g. huffyuv, uncompressed), or just make a 1 line avs script (avisynth needs to be installed) for input on your already exported 1920x1080i29.97 TFF lagarith file

You have more control and and choise of resizing kernals with avisynth . You also have access to higher quality upscaling filters - if you want to go that route or learn that another day

Assuming you're ok with vdub's upscaling:

1) open a text file in notepad, type the following, change "video.avi" to whatever your video name is, save it, rename the extension from .txt to .avs . e.g. "input.avs" . You can also do the matrix conversion here if you want (still assuming you exported from vdub with lagarith in RGB)

Code:
    AVISource("video.avi")
    ConvertToYUY2(matrix="Rec709", interlaced=false)
    Since the matrix conversion was already done in avisynth you don't need -vf colormatrix - Adjust the ffmbc commandline to "input.avs"

Note interlaced=false , the reason is because you have a "fake" interlaced file. Your content is actually 30p (progressive) . You're only encoding it as "30p in 60i" . The short explanation is there are different ways of chroma handling for colorspace conversions and it's important you do the right one or you get artifacts

Code:
    ffmbc -i "C:\Users\my username\Desktop\New folder\input.avs" -tff  -target xdcamhd422 -acodec copy "C:\Users\my username\Desktop\New  folder\output.mov"

For the re-wrap command , the input file was dual mono tracks so it only picked the 1st track . You need to use -map to input 2 audio tracks. But your instructions don't permit mono tracks (i.e your input file was no good in the first place) . 2-8 mono tracks are actually industry standard for XDCAMHD422 . The guys you're sending it to want something different so give them what they wnat
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 20th Oct 2013 at 11:21.
    Quote Quote  
  16. got a few hours sleep.. having a difficult time concentrating.. if i read that stuff above its like i got a cloudy mind and when i read text i think of other things. I gotta get something to eat and try and figure this out. Thats like when i tried to do my taxes after i got home from work.. should have went to sleep but wanted to get the taxes done but had a foggy mind.. still tried to do it and was tired so had to slap myself in a face a few times to try and wake up. Just gonna have something to eat and gonna try and do what you said there later.. cant do it right now.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I had a look at your sample. It might fall under "special circumstances" category , because it's full of macroblocks, compression artifacts . That type of psychadelic content is difficult to compress well . Some places allow you to upload a better format so the quality doesn't take a hit so early on. If there are multiple distribution formats later on, it's going to get worse and worse. So it depends on what the final format is destined to be (ie what they intend to do with the file afterwards - is this a mezzanine file ?)
    Quote Quote  
  18. i gotta start with the basics here.. trying to read that up there. One thing at a time. Sounds like i gotta go get VLC first. Gonna go do that then read.

About your post above that. um.. yeah pixelated is the word. Cause i'm taking stuff from other videos using savemedia.com. Then i'll enter in the url and save the highest quality mp4. I'll use virtual dub. Got this plugin so it opens almost any type of file. I'll use the lagarith codec and also do the frame rate conversion to 30fps. I'll edit it in premiere.. like zoom in on a section and do effects with stuff. So if its less then 854x480 its gonna be blocky as hell. That video DeNoise filter sure helps sometimes but other times it can make things blocky if you add too much of it. Sometimes i wont use the denoise slider of that but turn the sharpen down to smooth things out and it gives it a nice glow. So yeah, if i was trying to make a 1920x1080 right off the bat it'd be zooming things up way too much. I dunno.. uh.. but thats where the stuff is from. Do lots of stacking of layers and export it to a temp file and do more on that.

Don't know what messanine file means. I gotta go look into vlc. I thought this media player classic was good enough cause that opens lots of files.. but i'll go look into getting vlc then continue reading what next after that.
    Quote Quote  
  19. The macroblocks I'm referring to are solely from MPEG2 compression , not from upscaling. For example, it wouldn't be there in the lagarith 1080 version if this was original content

Cause i'm taking stuff from other videos using savemedia.com. Then i'll enter in the url and save the highest quality mp4.
    If it's not original content, and it's saved and derived from other lossy videos, then the artifacts might be there already . I had assumed you were making this from scratch . If that's the case, then you might consider pre-filtering the assets (e.g. using deblocking filters)
    Quote Quote  
  20. ok i go to

Download VLC for Windows x64
    VLC 64bits version for Windows 64 bits.

that brings up this page

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/last/win64/

that has all this.. which one do i download?

../
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.7z 25-Sep-2013 19:27 20950629
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.7z.asc 25-Sep-2013 19:30 190
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.7z.md5 25-Sep-2013 19:10 59
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.7z.sha1 25-Sep-2013 19:02 67
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.7z.sha256 25-Sep-2013 19:14 91
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.zip 25-Sep-2013 19:10 53734850
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.zip.asc 25-Sep-2013 19:14 190
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.zip.md5 25-Sep-2013 19:14 60
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.zip.sha1 25-Sep-2013 19:27 68
    vlc-2.1.0-win64-debug.zip.sha256 25-Sep-2013 19:14 92
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.7z 25-Sep-2013 19:30 20641844
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.7z.asc 25-Sep-2013 19:30 190
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.7z.md5 25-Sep-2013 19:18 53
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.7z.sha1 25-Sep-2013 19:14 61
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.7z.sha256 25-Sep-2013 19:02 85
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe 25-Sep-2013 19:14 23280480
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe.asc 25-Sep-2013 19:30 190
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe.md5 25-Sep-2013 19:10 54
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe.sha1 25-Sep-2013 19:10 62
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe.sha256 25-Sep-2013 19:30 86
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.zip 25-Sep-2013 19:24 40405011
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.zip.asc 25-Sep-2013 19:02 190
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.zip.md5 25-Sep-2013 19:14 54
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.zip.sha1 25-Sep-2013 19:14 62
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.zip.sha256 25-Sep-2013 19:27 86
    vlc-2.1.0.xpi 25-Sep-2013 19:18 21871500
    vlc-2.1.0.xpi.asc 25-Sep-2013 19:02 190
    vlc-2.1.0.xpi.md5 25-Sep-2013 19:10 48
    vlc-2.1.0.xpi.sha1 25-Sep-2013 19:14 56
    vlc-2.1.0.xpi.sha256 25-Sep-2013 19:18 80

i think, this one eh?

vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe 25-Sep-2013 19:14 23280480

there's also this one below it.. maybe thats an earlier version..
    vlc-2.1.0-win64.zip 25-Sep-2013 19:24 40405011

think i'll test out the first one. i got a hunch i'm gonna be picking up some beer later. i gotta eat first though stuff is cooking.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the sample mxf youi upped looks fine. the audio is correctly identified in sony as stereo and it goes on the timeline as a single stereo track not dual mono. mediainfo is reporting it wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-20_122905.png
Views:	335
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	20685

mediaplayer classic hc opens and plays the mxf file fine here. but here is a mp4 version of it rendered from vegas.
    Image Attached Files
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  22. Note - it's not stereo ; vegas treats it as stereo . Mediainfo is often incorrect, but in this case mediainfo is correct

You can check with various pro mxf tools and demux it there are 2 elementary audio streams

He made the mxf in vegas - and vegas uses the default XDCAMHD422 configuration which is mono audio tracks
    Quote Quote  
  23. ok i got the orange pile-on player. Sounds like it might of overriden the media player classic settings for what opens files but media player classic has been letting me down lately so screw it. on to the next thing.

so that screw up was cause ffmbc was because it doesnt have lagarith support. hmm.

" all the other messages are not relevant because the 1st frame isn't even decoded ." oh so those red errors.. it never got going so who knows whats up.

"You can use another codec that ffmbc has support for instead from vdub (e.g. huffyuv, uncompressed), " aw damn.. was reading that text and was thinking about stuff on the stove that might be ready.. i gotta get back to that in a bit. Ya gotta deal with this as if i'm like some kid in grade 5.
    Quote Quote  
  24. oh after i posted that seen more stuff.. hang on.. jeez i'm gonna need beer later, i guarantee it.

[later edit] ate and kinda tired.. gonna try and go back to bed but probably wont be able to sleep and be back later.
    Last edited by coolhotfun; 20th Oct 2013 at 13:28.
    Quote Quote  
  25. The mxf file you posted loads fine in Avid and Premiere! The audio plays properly left and right.

Main issue now is broadcast legal levels. Your chroma (saturation) is too high, and your blacks go a little low.

Here are screengrabs of corrected images. The Avid image shows current and corrected -- note the values on the scopes. The Premiere image is corrected only.

Name:	colorsavid.png
Views:	198
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	20689

Name:	colorspp.png
Views:	4255
Size:	584.1 KB
ID:	20688
    Quote Quote  
  26. couldnt sleep.. back.. now where was i.. lol.

"You can use another codec that ffmbc has support for instead from vdub (e.g. huffyuv, uncompressed), " so instead of lag should go for all out uncompressed.. i think lag is pretty close anyways.

"or just make a 1 line avs script (avisynth needs to be installed) for input on your already exported 1920x1080i29.97 TFF lagarith file"

hmm.. ok hang on lemme grasp what i just read. sounds like i gotta install avisynth. How come you're calling that a TFF file.. i seen that tff before in that code line i was wondering whats up with the tff. hmm.. ok hang on i'll keep in mind i gotta look up this avisynth but lemme keep reading first.

"You have more control and and choise of resizing kernals with avisynth . You also have access to higher quality upscaling filters - if you want to go that route or learn that another day

Assuming you're ok with vdub's upscaling:"

ok hang on.. i think it said i dont gotta get that avisynth.. lemme just open another window and see what it is first. It sounds like something like virtualdub. But he talked about a 1 line script so seems like ffmbc. Jeez.. these damn script programs, i wanna see whats going on with things like a good old fashioned windows program with buttons and stuff. Looked at avisynth and yeah these damn programs where you gotta be a rocket scientist first.. um.. lemme keep reading instead of getting avisynth.

"Assuming you're ok with vdub's upscaling:"

think he means like in virtualdub where i use it to make it from 854x480 to 1920x1080.

Hang on a second here, i'm just glancing at whats next and he's talking about that Rec709 and color stuff.. so what the hell is going on are my colors all screwed up? whats all this next stuff for?

starting to get that cloudy mind again and thought about beer.

lemme try and keep reading. I dunno.. i was looking at all this and whats it do??????? hang on later he's talking about the damn mono thing. I think i better listen to this guy. Its too complicated though all this reading. 8 mono tracks.. F* that sh**. listen, i do stereo only i only got 2 speakers.. I got like these big 3 woofer tower speakers beside my 37in tv that i use as a monitor.. those are plugged into a receiver and uh yeah the comp output is split so i can put headphones on as well. But yeah.. 8 tracks, cant do it, bob. Its 2 left and right. I aint got no subwoofer.

ok back to trying to concentrate and figure out what this guy was talking about and this code stuff he wants me to do.. if it was in ffmbc i could do it but dunno if he wants me to input that in this other avisynth program.. lemme go read and see whats up. I think i gotta do what this guy says here.. hang on.. but yeah those dudes at that place didnt say nothing about no 8 tracks so can we friggen skip that for now. I just seen like 30p and faking interlacing. Hang on.. like cant i work with like a 1920x1080 lag 29.97 interlaced, top fields.. dang.. thinking about beer again and playing that wgt.com golf game.

i gotta go get beer.. just a 6 pack and i'll be back. cant take it anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hey beerhead! did you read my post? The file you made is GOOD. It just needs a little color correction.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Yes, the specs are fine for PC (he exported it from sony vegas using the preset, so it damn well should be) , but I think his recipients are mac based (they usually prefer MOV) and explicitly stated that they don't want mono audio tracks
    Quote Quote  
  29. ok i'm back.. while driving was thinking.. think that guy was talking about this avisynth program because that ffmpc screwed up. Sounds like its a similar text type command input program. Then i was thinking well what was up with that faking interlacing.. i dunno.. i gotta go back and read all that.

forgot this at the start.

"Quicktime on windows cannot play anything MPEG2 - you need the MPEG2 plugin for quicktime. "

ok sounds like i gotta lok for an MPEG2 plugin for quicktime.. lemme go do that right now in another window.

I dont have any of those files from the past few days.. deleted all files from the desktop and backed up that premiere 5.5 on disk. Not sure how thats gonna go, who knows, maybe in a month it'll go.. meh, you been spotted and it'll bunk out but for now i'll keep it going.

There's also that morgan m-jpeg codec that was a trial that doesnt have a watermark.. i guess that thing 'll expire, who knows when. didnt notice much of a difference with that preview render speed. If it had a watermark i could still use it but meh i might not buy that thing. Didnt save that much file size. I'd just use lag and wait i guess.

There's vegas too which who knows when that's gonna crap out. I guess if i find out it works for that output i could look for some type of pirate bay of it or something.

anyways back to the beer first.

ok i gotta look for that MPEG2 plugin for quicktime.

"store".. F* these guys. I've just about had it with everything.

lemme go lookup: free MPEG 2 plugin for quicktime windows

hmm.. here's one.. "Stinky's MPEG-2 Codec 1.2.0.79 - Free Codecs" lol.. before i click it, reminds me of that mxf hosting site i found where it had this popup window that tried to make it look like my flash was outdated, meanwhile the http had numbers and wasnt adobe.com. Sounds lovely. Checked it.. nope.

"is there a free mpeg 2 codec? - MacRumors Forums" hmm.. doesnt sound like windows.

just starting to give up with all this here.. what a downer. like i gotta be able to view whatever i output with the quicktime, cause in the end its gotta be .mov. Now sounds like i gotta buy more sh**.

i gotta get going at my beer somemore.

scrolling down 100 results deep.. i dunno.. somebody's gonna have to bail me outta that one about the "Quicktime on windows cannot play anything MPEG2 - you need the MPEG2 plugin for quicktime. "

ok i go back and look at what that guy was talking about.

ok.. next he says "Don't use quicktime to test anything on windows, use something else like VLC" ok sounds good.. screw quicktime. I havent tried the vlc yet. Whats up with that orange construction pile-on?

ok there he is again.. "1920x1080i29.97 TFF lagarith file" ok so if i go and make another test clip with all those specs again now i'll be able to proceed.

sounds like i gotta fire up this "avisynth" program he's talking about. Seems like its like ffmbc but this one wont screw up. ok i gotta do 2 things. i gotta make another test file.. dunno why it says TFF its not a tiff. but yeah i'll make a regular one like i had done. Then 2) i gotta look into this avisynth. ok lemme go make a test file. this one 'll be 10 sec cause 15 took too long to upload.

That interlaced, top fields first.. i do that in the premiere export cause virtualdub was usually doing progressive.. and with that mxf i had done i let vegas do it. So i'll export one of those from premiere then get it all good to go in virtualdub.

oh.. hang on i gotta remember to do the broadcast colors. Had glanced at this one dude's picture (didnt get that far yet, i'm still trying to get thru this guy's post) but yeah he was saying the saturation was a bit much. Well i had talked about using that broadcast colors effect.. there's 2 options of it, the luminance and saturation. I had the luminance and dragged another effect of it and tried doing the saturation but didnt see any change in picture. I think i'll try doing both this time.

cracked 2nd beer.. heh.

making it bigger in virtualdub. Is there nowhere to view that its interlaced in there?

ok got a test file.

1920x1080_lagarith_29-97_upper__pcm_16bit_stereo_48khz_broadcast_colors_ 10sec.avi

notice its got this orange pile-on icon.. lemme go try and play it with that.

this isnt good.. its pausing all over the place. Media player classic had no problem at all. What the hell is going on?????????
    Tried opening it with MPC and plays normally. I dont like the looks of this orange pile-on crap. Tried playing it again.. This is not cool. This orange pile-on thing is gonna get removed, frankly. How the hell am i supposed to see that my outputted files are correct if this POS cant even handle it? Somethings wrong there.. road pile-on is right.. got a roadblock here.

well F*** VLC.

how the hell am i supposed to check my stuff if this thing cant play stuff????????????????????????????????????

anyways.. lemme keep reading.. think i had to go get this avisynth.

need another sip first to calm my nerves.

anyways.. i got a test file. gonna follow this guy's instructions.

hang on.. later i seen "exported from vdub with lagarith in RGB)" ok where do i find that i did that? ok hang on i opened up virtualdub and went in the lagarith codec settings. RGB is default. I think this guy's saying i gotta change it to something else. Lemme go look at an old post to see where he first mentioned that.

i dunno sounds like there's trouble..

I dunno.. i dont like the look of any of this. Gotta stick to the basics first. I gotta figure out how to get file type things correctly.. nevermind any problems with colors. So i'm leaving lagarith at the default RGB.

he's talking about "older versions of premiere like CS3-CS4" well i'm outputting it in cs5.5 so isnt that whatever problem there was fixed?

i dunno.. listen dude.. i gotta proceed and cant horse around with no YUV RGB whatever stuff for now. so i'm gonna have to like keep reading. sheesh.

ok this guy's talking about a "matrix conversion". What the hells the problem with stuff?????? is things outputted wrong and look all screwed up on tv?????????????????

I think he's talking about this next text stuff in avisynth. So this stuff i gotta input in there?

i'm stuck.. i'm too fouled up.. i'm reading that whole next bit and just ticked off.. lol.. reading text, thinking of other things.

hang on a sec.. i seen something about xdcamhd422 maybe i better listen to this guy. lol. do i run this code s*** in ffmbc or avisynth? i think he was saying avisynth. ok before i do this notepad thing i gotta go look up avisynth. i gotta hit post though this might be getting kinda long.
    Quote Quote  
  30. ok i gotta go get this avisynth.

over here.. http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page looking for a 64bit program looks unofficial sounds like i gotta get 32bit. looks like its gonna be this v.2.5.8 ST, 32-bit at SourceForge

I think i gotta get this one
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynth2/files/AviSynth%202.5/AviSynth%202.5.8/Avisyn...8.exe/download

wow! looks like its installing a windows program! heh. ok looking at it in the start menu files.. how do i run this sh**? Doesnt look like i'm gonna be able to run this thing. I thought it'd be something like that ffmbc.

ok did a search of how to run avisynth. ( i cant wait to be able to use normal friggen programs) Ya know what.. all this stuff involves too much brain power and concentrating. pretty soon i'm gonna tap-out and say F* it and go play wgt golf.

ok over at a help page which is on this videohelp thing and they're talking about running it. Thats why he was talking about doing something with notepad.

cant somebody make a god damned windows program that you run with buttons and stuff instead of all this BS????????????????

enough already with this stuff. lol. cant you rocket scientists do that instead of all this runaround??????????????? make this sh** easier and not having to need a bachelor of computer sciences to be able to run things.

ok.. that help page says "You need to have a encoder (like the free QuEnc). " well i aint got no quenc and gonna be tapping out pretty damn soon.

i'm tapped out here.. i gotta go play a golf round.
    Quote Quote